Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 461 reviews matching the search See all 4,258 reviews
Wouldn't work here again
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arbroath31 May 2019
The pay is quite low, there is no room for promotion when you have been with the company for a few years, management at head office dont have a clue about what ideas they are implementing as it doesn't benefit the customers. Also expected to work on the day of a family funeral.

Personnel supervisor didn't know the difference between sick leave and compassionate leave.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Everything else
good place to work
Checkouts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skegness, Lincolnshire22 May 2019
interacting with customers
working as part of a team
friendly staff
cash handling
cleaning and general duties
stock takes
flexible hours
helping out on other departments when its quiet
Morrisons
Grocery Assistant & Checkouts (Former Employee) –  Dalkeith, Midlothian15 May 2019
its fine part time, managers only care about themselves. Team leader are great. Learned that customers are human beings who moan. Enjoyed socialising, and hardest part, working back shifts.
Productive place to work
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Dukinfield, Greater Manchester15 May 2019
A typical day working at Morrisons involved serving customers, packing bags,replenishing shelves, conducting refunds and checking for I.D for restricted items.
Busy store time passes quickly
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex2 April 2019
Staff is well looked after and training is provided, health and safety, staff discount, paid holidays, etc. A good, professional and ethical store that staff would feel confidence and proud in offering the best customer's service. Rewards such as little gifts for mothers who happened to be working on Mother's Day; shopping voucher for great customer service; Christmas gifts, etc.
Pros
Good pay and staff benefits
Cons
Have to be fully flexible with staff Rota arrangement.
local
Checkout operator (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.26 March 2019
Handy for me as local, I do part time work which is usually afternoons but help out at other times when necessary. Although would work mornings if the opportunity arose.
Pros
local
Cons
would prefer to work mornings.
environment
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds25 March 2019
A professional and great place to work, with a friendly working environment and helpful presentable staff members. I was welcomed by staff and even the customers was happy to be shopping there and pleased with the high level of customer service there.
Pros
Discount and staff rewards
Cons
Very Busy
Fun environment
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 March 2019
Working at morrisons has helped build my confidence, it has also helped me build on my communicational skill. Which is needed for a busy day to day environment.
Pros
store benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Easy and reliable
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Leeds4 March 2019
If anything can be bit boring if your sat on checkouts all day. Great staff made some good friends. Perfect for someone who wants to go to work and go home no worries overflowing.
Pros
discounts
Cons
quiet
Tense
Checkout Cashier (Former Employee) –  Taunton14 February 2019
They move your hours around without telling you which I think Is wrong, and there’s not many perks to working there apart from having a 10% discount card
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
They mess about your hours
Depends what you want to do
Checkout Assistant - Tesco (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire4 February 2019
Can offer a variety of posts from till operator, kiosk assistant, customer service assistant, staff kitchen, cleaners, night workers, petrol station staff, trolley collector.
Loved it!
Checkout Operator and Petrol Station Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastwood4 February 2019
Morrison’s was my first job! I worked part time whilst at uni. The management were flexible with my hours and let me work around my uni schedule. Really well paid! Morale is amazing, the best bunch of people you could wish to work with! However they often give 30+ hours overtime to then take it away. Had many occasions that I turned up for work for them to tell me they had to cut my hours and I needed to go home. Got to a point where the hours weren’t enough. Would 100% have never left this company if they had provided me with a full time contract.
Pros
Staff morale, pay, flexibility
Cons
Lack of hours available
Wouldn't reccomend
Checkout operator (Former Employee) –  Killingworth, Northumberland22 January 2019
Not the best place to work, management are so up themselves. see themselves as a hierarchy and most of them don't even work weekends. No family orientated and don't care if you have child care problems
Morrisons
Checkout Operator (Current Employee) –  Heywood18 January 2019
My daily duty is to run the self scans which is fast paced. I have a lot of face to face communication with customers and i like helping them. I like my colleagues and management.
Pros
My shift pattern
Cons
No overtime
Busy
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Worksop15 January 2019
A very busy supermarket days go fast and pays reasonably well. give you small contracts not enough to sustain a family or get your own place if you have a family or if you live alone. have struggled with paying rent ever since having this job. the hourly rate is good, however like stated above, not many hours.
Pros
raffles and parties
Cons
late finishes
Management terrible
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby14 January 2019
^^^ read the title.

Management always thought they were better than everyone.

Ridiculous requests from staff.

Personally felt treated like s*** by a lot of them.
Average
Checkout Operator and Kiosk (Former Employee) –  Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire14 January 2019
They were good to giving me full time work, early morning, late evening and weekends. Sometimes I wouldn’t know what department I would be on until I got in so I was ended up trained on alot
Pros
Full time
A good company that look after good people
Checkout Operator/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Morpeth, Northumberland17 December 2018
I've worked at Morrison's for over four years. I have found them to look after the staff and to pay competitive salaries. They have a career progression available to those who deserve/want it
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Shifts
A lesser caring company than could be imagined.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Kent1 December 2018
Company does not take into consideration personal life. You are expected to change shifts at a moments notice to cover absences or holiday whilst hours are taken away from you if it suits company's budget. The shop management is unapproachable. The high turnover of personnel speaks volumes.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
The Management
Was fun and enjoyable to work there
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  SALTNEY, Flintshire16 November 2018
I enjoyed working at Morrison's and because my situation has changed i would love to go back to work there, as I miss the people and the variety of work i did on the checkout department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

41.3K