Wm Morrisons Supermarkets
Coronavirus update
Information from Wm Morrisons Supermarkets:

Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Wakefield

Wakefield63 reviews
I really enjoy my job even though it is extremely demanding at times. It can also be rewarding as I deal with solving peoples issues out for them and also implementing new structures and procedures for the business
Joyful atmosphere with team working people. Busy but smoothly passing shift. Good management. Good job. Good salary. Good condition and standard. Recommend
Not a bad company to work for, the lads on the shift make the job. Place wouldn't run without them due to the amount of inexperienced managers that are currently coming through the ranks.
Easy job a as a HGV Driver, box trailers, no loading and unloading, good pay for the work, long times at the stores, new units, easy going staff at the transport office.
Very fast phased workplace, a lot of duties to be covered, not much time for completion of the tasks. I have learned how to juggle all of the balls and not to drop any of them. Management is a bit old school, however currently there is more new blood employed within the division.
It is a workplace where there is a lot of nice people, but in the same time quite a big fraction of them has been employed in here for a while and these are an individuals who find changes difficult. This may become fantastic opportunity to practice change management for one of you. the hardest part of the job is poor planning and reactiveness.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people.
The management and team leaders are bullys!!
Always on your back,wanting more and more.

I have spent a lot of years working for this company.

I wouldnt recommend my worst enemy to work there!!!

The list is endless of what goes on there.
Stay away the place is filthy. Environmental health should do a spot check in food areas. No home/work balance. Most of management don't know what they are doing, they just pass the blame from one department to another. Most do not support their workforce.STAY AWAY
Pros
Cons
No support
The place at J41 is a mess. Lack of common sense, management do not care, dirty and not so safe to work. You will be punished for minor things like being off sick etc. Try to stay away if you can.
General office duties, to include inputting figures on tight deadlines, ensuring point on sale on the shop floor correct and offer advertised, pulling sales data off and passing it to relevant department managers. answering telephone calls.
Pros
Discount on shopping
nice salary , but environment very cold ... 12 hours shifts in minus 30 degrees ... hard to work .. shift managers very kind people , but people around you not
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets?
it is in an okay place to work, friendly members of staff, lovely customers. i enjoy the shifts i do because of the people that i work with and the hours i get.
Pros
nice members of staff
Cons
not enough hours
The loss of staff has lead to a miscommunication between staff and customers,

New staff are not trained thoroughly as there are not enough staff to provide training
Pros
Holidays, bonuses
Cons
Nights
Me and my immediate family got staff discount, I also got profit shares and Christmas bonuses.My typical day at work included helping customers with their shopping.
is a enjoyable place to work, although hard work at times but the way the staff all stand together and help each other is amazing. I would recommend this employer
Pros
staff discount
Cons
If this is your first job, or you are stuck for work, this job passes time and is rewarding in its own little ways. You must have good customer service to deal with certain people that enter the store, but other than that it is excellent as a part time job.
Worked for this company over 15 years ago, any review I leave will be outdated as policies, procedures, managers and employees are likely to have changed
Training could be better, you are relying on the person training you to train you full but this is not often the case. Some Managers are easy going and understanding while others are not.
Shop floor staff are friendly once you know them
Pros
some friendly staff to talk to
Cons
some staff just work for them self not a team players
I enjoyed working at Morrison’s, as warehouse work is something I love to do. Due to a family member becoming seriously ill at the time I started I need to leave the job to help out at home with my mum.
I was working from agency, so everyday I waited for message on phone am I going or not, it totally sucked, sometimes got sent to morning shift, sometime nights, then I asked to switch to nights only, I got only night by then, but also then agency manager all the time gave me 2time start points, which wasn't alright too, because how can someone normally feel when he really don't know which time he gonna go to work or what you gonna do next week.
work was really badly organised, I never knew where exactly I gonna work and all the time going to shift with worries where its gonna be at the night.
In this company you will be picking customer orders, loading and unloading vehicles, dealing with returns. Overall it's ok, plenty of overtime available.
Overall work policy was often ignored. The job often took precedence over my life. The management often bullied me. I left this due to relocation but the pay was ok.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.
1K