Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews in Wakefield

Found 57 reviews matching the search See all 4,246 reviews
Did various jobs at j41.
Various Roles (Former Employee) –  Wakefield6 May 2019
Stay away the place is filthy. Environmental health should do a spot check in food areas. No home/work balance. Most of management don't know what they are doing, they just pass the blame from one department to another. Most do not support their workforce.STAY AWAY
Pros
Cons
No support
Admin and Epos
Role Profile - Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield13 September 2018
General office duties, to include inputting figures on tight deadlines, ensuring point on sale on the shop floor correct and offer advertised, pulling sales data off and passing it to relevant department managers. answering telephone calls.
Pros
Discount on shopping
nice place
Picker (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire10 September 2018
nice salary , but environment very cold ... 12 hours shifts in minus 30 degrees ... hard to work .. shift managers very kind people , but people around you not
okay place to work
Cafe Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wakefield17 July 2018
it is in an okay place to work, friendly members of staff, lovely customers. i enjoy the shifts i do because of the people that i work with and the hours i get.
Pros
nice members of staff
Cons
not enough hours
Poor communication, lack of staff
Morrisons Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wakefield26 June 2018
The loss of staff has lead to a miscommunication between staff and customers,

New staff are not trained thoroughly as there are not enough staff to provide training
Pros
Holidays, bonuses
Cons
Nights
staff discounts
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire25 June 2018
Me and my immediate family got staff discount, I also got profit shares and Christmas bonuses.My typical day at work included helping customers with their shopping.
enjoyable place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield31 May 2018
is a enjoyable place to work, although hard work at times but the way the staff all stand together and help each other is amazing. I would recommend this employer
Pros
staff discount
Part time
Administration Assistant/ Practical Work (Former Employee) –  Wakefield1 March 2018
If this is your first job, or you are stuck for work, this job passes time and is rewarding in its own little ways. You must have good customer service to deal with certain people that enter the store, but other than that it is excellent as a part time job.
Forklift Driver
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire15 February 2018
Worked for this company over 15 years ago, any review I leave will be outdated as policies, procedures, managers and employees are likely to have changed
not a bad place to work if your face fits
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield11 February 2018
Training could be better, you are relying on the person training you to train you full but this is not often the case. Some Managers are easy going and understanding while others are not.
Shop floor staff are friendly once you know them
Pros
some friendly staff to talk to
Cons
some staff just work for them self not a team players
Productive and fun work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire8 February 2018
I enjoyed working at Morrison’s, as warehouse work is something I love to do. Due to a family member becoming seriously ill at the time I started I need to leave the job to help out at home with my mum.
my usual work experience
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Wakefield7 February 2018
I was working from agency, so everyday I waited for message on phone am I going or not, it totally sucked, sometimes got sent to morning shift, sometime nights, then I asked to switch to nights only, I got only night by then, but also then agency manager all the time gave me 2time start points, which wasn't alright too, because how can someone normally feel when he really don't know which time he gonna go to work or what you gonna do next week.
work was really badly organised, I never knew where exactly I gonna work and all the time going to shift with worries where its gonna be at the night.
Distribution centre
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire20 January 2018
In this company you will be picking customer orders, loading and unloading vehicles, dealing with returns. Overall it's ok, plenty of overtime available.
ok job but not the best
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire30 December 2017
Overall work policy was often ignored. The job often took precedence over my life. The management often bullied me. I left this due to relocation but the pay was ok.
produvtive
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Wakefield14 December 2017
good place to work role was to pick orders to time limits making sure they get shipped out to on time. I was part of the goods in team and loading team.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire24 November 2017
My dutys was stocking shelfs. Helping customers. And general warehouse dutys. The workplace was really friendly and easy going. Really enjoyed my time there
Good Company
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire14 November 2017
Working for Morrison's I feel I was looked after as a team member and working hours given suited me well, Management were also helpful, I would happily come back and work for them
Pros
Friendly, Helpful nice working envirinment
Cons
Great place to meet new people
Checkout Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wakefield6 November 2017
Working at Morrison's was good for many years, just ashame they move there management about and don't look after loyal and hard working staff more. Plenty of different job opportunities available
Pros
Discount
Challenging
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire4 July 2017
Good place to work to progress & be challenges within a Logistics field. It's a very fast paced moving business who are ever changing which keep you on your toes.
good training, well established
multi skilles warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire5 June 2017
good on a day to day basis in the early days but got worse year on year, no management visibilty on shop floor and no rewards for good consistent workers.
managers always leaning on those that do the job whilst others get away with doing less
Pros
benefits, subsidised canteen, profit share
Cons
no scope for progression, poor inconsistent management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

41.3K