Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews in London

Found 105 reviews matching the search See all 4,244 reviews
Fun environment
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 March 2019
Working at morrisons has helped build my confidence, it has also helped me build on my communicational skill. Which is needed for a busy day to day environment.
Pros
store benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Developing retailer
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 January 2019
A time to be apart of a turn around retailer. A lot of expansion and development plans ongoing to make the business stronger and a great time to grow and develop
not bad
code checker (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 November 2018
good place to work with good par for under 18s and great perks. mangers relaxed as long as the work gets done. great community to work in with help from all different types of staff members
worst company ever
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 November 2018
if you want to stay sane never work for this company ever. Managers hardly know what they are doing, absolutely no people skills. The company is fairly lucky to have decent employees
Pros
10% discount
Cons
everything
Great workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 July 2018
Working in Morrison’s for that period gave me the chance to further develop my skills. I developed my English and started to speak it fluently. Also doing a cashier role and at the same time a customer service made me very confident on my work. I was awarded a few times from the managers for the good customer service I was giving to customers. Also, I had to safely manage the till and the direct transactions that were being processed through my till.
not a fun place - regimental
Personnel Assistant/Checkouts Operator (Former Employee) –  London6 May 2018
Company is good for people who want fixed hours although they vary and even on a fixed hour they require you to be flexible every week. Management has had some people who were bullies but HR took action which was a relief
easy role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 May 2018
This job had no stress with an easy role, the pay was good and the hours were good.,This good also had good benefits and a friendly environment which made it easier to work.
Demanding nature
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  London1 May 2018
I am working for Morrisons for last 9 years in Admin and I learned a lot about customer service and about managing day to day work under pressure. Sometimes it is so demanding that coping with the pressure is extraordinary specially at the time of festivals. But in the end of a day I feel good when I finished my job fully and the management thanked me for my hard work. However, the most annoying thing in admin is, if somebody from my team called sick or absent for holiday, it is very difficult to find a person to cover the shift in admin department because of shortage of staffs.
about customer
customers services / checkout operator (Current Employee) –  London19 April 2018
Customer came to shop looking for product.She said she has been looking but she can not find the product. i help this customer to get the product .She was very happy.she told manager about my services that week i won £10 voucher. for good customer service.I always focus my work.i keep to time ,make sure i come to work every day.I always ready to help others.looking for how company can move forward . i give our customers first class treatment because with out our customer we can not operate, we can not get pay
great shop people
Manger (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London3 April 2018
pay structure is broken.high level mangers paid to much and low level management not paid enough. had to work for a long time with that kind of culture.
Pros
great people
Cons
broken pay structure
productive and puts you through paces
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 March 2018
everyday was pretty much the same
baskets was a tough job to keep moving around and same with trolleys but i got through it with decent speed
helping customers was fun, every customer was nice except one but easily dealt with with a smile.
Pros
nice manager
Cons
slightly better leadership understanding
No life
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 February 2018
No life working here ok if your part time but full time and mangement no way!!!! Pay not good hours are stupied get called in on your hoildays
No support
Pros
Cons
Long hours called in on your days off once worked 24 hour shift
I would not recommend working for Morrisons
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London21 January 2018
Lack of staff was always the issue which led to staffs not being happy. Therefore there would be only one staff from afternoon to shop closing time doing close down by him or herself.
Chronically understaffed
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London11 January 2018
Morrisons employ a skeleton crew to operate in their stores which can create an incredible amount of pressure on staff, especially if just one member of staff goes sick. This makes it incredibly difficult to deliver the level of customer service our patrons deserve.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Work rotas can change at a moments notice making it almost impossible to plan life outside work.
fun workplace
Customers Assistant (Former Employee) –  London8 January 2018
vary good place to work friendly staff and management excellent job opportunity's free lunches at times staff discount full training provide and uniform
Pros
lunch and hours
Fast Paced, Organised and Loving environment.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London3 September 2017
A typical day at work was to work stock from the warehouse onto the shop floor. I would encounter customers that would ask for help on a location of a product or weather to buy a certain product.
I would regularly communicate with my colleagues and managers in order to stay organised and on task.
In this job, I learned that staying organised and on task is key. I believe that if you stay organised, the job will get done efficiently and properly.
At Morrison's, it was very rare if you couldn't find a manager to help with an enquiry or to find the code for the stock counting device, as managers were always walking past or I could contact them on any phone around the store.
The workplace culture was always positive, and again it was very rare to find otherwise.
The hardest part of the job for me was helping a customer with a difficult question, in which I eventually learnt hoe to deal with difficult questions through out the job.
The most enjoyable part of Morrison's was working with happy employee's as well as Happy customers; it made my day better and motivated me.
Pros
Cheap and Yummy Lunches, High pay (£8-£10 p/h).
Cons
It may get cold however company coats are supplied.
Very friendly
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 August 2017
I really enjoyed working for Morrisons as it shows as I did ten years there. The staff really made it and I was very happy there learning new areas like oven fresh, cafe, salad bar, check out.
Pros
Great team work.
Cons
Working 5days out of 7.
very fast pace working environment
Night Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 August 2017
Morrison is a great place to work and establish strong skills.

The company ensures all the right skills and training is provided to its new members. Management work closely to improve every day activities and are there to help its staff when needed.
Pros
support from managers
Cons
very long hours
Challenging but rewarding dependant upon work life expecation
People Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 July 2017
A great company, willing to offer opportunities to all who show ability and drive. Unfortunately due to the pace that the business has moved at, there is a significant lack of culture, although this is currently being worked on. Success within this business is dependant upon your ability to work a large amount of hours.
Pros
Progession opportunity, varied and challenging tasks, great benefits
Cons
Long hours, poor work life balance
Fast paced environment.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  London11 July 2017
There isn't a typical day working on the front end. So you need to be ready for anything and be able to think on your feet. I have learned a lot about how to react to customers and internal customers. You need to have a calm presence and have a thick skin. Management will be there for you if you need them but they encourage you to manage your department by yourself. Workplace culture is working hard but not too hard. Everybody will help everybody out that's why we train most if not all member of staff on the till and some cashiers will have a tiny bit of Team Leader training to act as runners if we're struggling.
Customer service is the number one priority. Hardest part of the job is trying to balance customer service with the paperwork and other tasks .Most enjoyable part is turning a bad experience into a good one .If a customer has had bad service, they come to checkouts to complain and our job is to turn that experience around and make sure they leave the store happy.
Pros
Subsidised breakfast/lunch. Good holiday leave. Good benefits eg Morrisons Perks.
Cons
Long hours, on your feet all day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

41.3K