Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Customer Assistant - Part Time (Current Employee) –  North wales19 July 2018
Friendly staff, very good pay for what is expected. Supplements for skilled workers which is a bonus. Great benefits, 3 discount card holders, sometimes the company do 20% off for a certain period of time. 5 weeks holiday for new starters, colleague bonus, cheap meals in the staff area
Pros
Colleague benefits, good pay
productive work place
Warehouse Operative/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire19 July 2018
A typical day at Morrisons is striving to get the best job done possible and all about quality customer service. Very friendly staff and a positive environment.

The store is very clean and always looks well presented.
Pros
good food in staff cantene
Good first job
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Johnstone, Renfrewshire18 July 2018
I learned the basics of customer service and how to offer excellent service whilst maintaining the standards set by the company. I found the job to be very rewarding for thosde who wanted to move into management.
Great workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 July 2018
Working in Morrison’s for that period gave me the chance to further develop my skills. I developed my English and started to speak it fluently. Also doing a cashier role and at the same time a customer service made me very confident on my work. I was awarded a few times from the managers for the good customer service I was giving to customers. Also, I had to safely manage the till and the direct transactions that were being processed through my till.
Great wage and easy to learn.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire17 July 2018
The day went smoothly and was rarely a dreaded experience, but its always difficult working in such a corporate company. Unfortunately I found the management to be extremely unprofessional, sexist and lazy.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
Only 15 mins break
Ok
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly17 July 2018
Only worked there for work placement during school, however the job was good to help me learn what it is like in a working environment. However it was not the kind of work I was looking for.
Good employer relationship
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear17 July 2018
You are valued as an employee and fairly treated.
Customer service focus with a good program of training to develop further within the business.
Good rate of pay and opportunities to move into other areas or stores across the business. Stable career and colleagues have long service records.
Pros
Colleague bonus, share save, staff discount and uniform.
Cons
Small part time contracts
okay place to work
Cafe Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wakefield17 July 2018
it is in an okay place to work, friendly members of staff, lovely customers. i enjoy the shifts i do because of the people that i work with and the hours i get.
Pros
nice members of staff
Cons
not enough hours
Fast Paced
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire16 July 2018
The workplace has friendly staff who always make you feel welcomed and there is a good structure to the management of the workplace. However, it can get busy at times especially in the evenings
Pros
positive energy
Cons
unpaid breaks
not bad
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire13 July 2018
they are meany departments to work on at morrisons. e.g working on shop floor working stock, working on the tills, you may work on
fresh
baby
flowers
pets
and so on
it is hard work have to work fast other your own stock
keep the shop looking up to standards. staff are friendly but some management was not so great.
Pros
they have there own canteen
Cons
full time
Not good
Fresh Food Assistant (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire12 July 2018
You work short staffed everyday, Get treated as if something is not done its a life death situation. Get forced to stay behind after hours due to not getting work completed.
Cons
long hard hours
Supermarket Restaurant
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Doncaster10 July 2018
Started working to support college courses. Initially offered potential trainee management position which has been suspended due to company policies, to be reviewed in due course.
Don't do it
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Belper10 July 2018
I worked there for 3 and a half years and couldn't wait to leave. At first I really enjoyed my job, but as the years went on and management changed, working there became unbearable. Management have no consideration for staff, we were machines to them, not people.
The salary was decent, I got on really well with all of my co-workers, but the checkout supervisors were terrible, management were terrible, hours were terrible. I was still in school while I worked here and I had a lot of trouble getting them to work around my school hours, despite them knowing I was in school when I was first given the job.
Breaks were okay, but the canteen was only open until 4/5, 4 on Sundays, so if your break started after that you were stuck with crisps and chocolate bars from the vending machines.
Another issue was with supervisors not supporting their staff when they should have. I once refused to sell someone alcohol because I didn't think they looked over 25, and they didn't have any ID, so they complained to my supervisor who told me to sell it to them anyway.
Pros
good pay
Cons
everything else
Army camp
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Binley Coventry9 July 2018
Managers treat staff like dirt. Seniors talk down to staff apart from their favourites! The gm won’t talk to you for days and you have to try to work out what you’ve done wrong.Staff retention ridiculous. Half staff spend most of their shifts on checkouts. Staff leaving because they won’t replace the leavers so more pressure on existing staff. Ridiculous targets ridiculous expectations ridiculous shop!
Pros
Friendly work colleagues
Cons
Bad senior management
production and customer service
Assistant Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Stratford7 July 2018
Working with WM morrissons, was one the best thing in my life, especially on the area of punctuality at work and customer service. You must be punctual in line with production set up ,cos 5 minutes late will be a great loss to the company and in terms of customer service, we believe if you treat a customer very well, they will tell upto 3 peoples and while if you treat them bad,they will tell 10.
Pros
as a staff, you get 10% discount card.
Cons
As an assistant manager, sometimes you work beyond your contract hours, which you are not paid for
Working at Morrsions
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset5 July 2018
The morrisons branch I work for have friendly staff especially on check outs. However, there feels to be a buddy system where if you are friends with management or higher you get away with more things opposed to someone who keeps to themselves.

A typical day at work includes, sitting on checkouts. Or standing up on self scan area. This leads to personal back pain and feet aching.

The most enjoyable part of the job is serving and interacting with nice customers that helps make your day that much better.
Cons
short breaks
Harsh at times
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grays4 July 2018
The management are unfair to staff and expect them to run selves into the ground. They blackmail people into doing things and don't let you have a social life.
Cons
Unfair management
a fair workplace in a good company
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Consett, Durham2 July 2018
morrisons have gave me some good opportunities within my time there but the management could be improved, in my eyes they need extra training and they need to improve on how they speak to there staff. i enjoy my job but there is no room to grow and better myself in my employment due to the lack of opportunities available.
i have learned a lot of new skills in different departments within morrisons and the staff that i work along side are fantastic.
Pros
in store discount
Cons
they cut a lot of hours.
Good for a first job
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire2 July 2018
Decent pay but can be long hours on your feet!
Make lots of new friends and management are friendly and approachable but the job is very tedious.

Overall, good first job or part time job for people in college/university
Pros
Good pay and good benefiits
Cons
Long Hours
Free lunch
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire29 June 2018
I did work experience for 2 weeks. Free lunches. Taught me that I cam work part of a team and know how to work in a shop without fear and know what i am doing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K