Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Found 3,416 reviews matching the search See all 3,544 reviews
High pressure environment
Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire16 January 2019
Management unresponsive to employee concerns. Poor systems cause work to be repeated several times. Constantly resolving issues caused by other areas of the business. Workplace culture is not conducive to a good work life balance. New systems implimented with no training from the company.
Busy
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Worksop15 January 2019
A very busy supermarket days go fast and pays reasonably well. give you small contracts not enough to sustain a family or get your own place if you have a family or if you live alone. have struggled with paying rent ever since having this job. the hourly rate is good, however like stated above, not many hours.
Pros
raffles and parties
Cons
late finishes
Management terrible
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby14 January 2019
^^^ read the title.

Management always thought they were better than everyone.

Ridiculous requests from staff.

Personally felt treated like s*** by a lot of them.
Good company
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire14 January 2019
Worked her for over ten years but feel
Now time to move on to gain new experiences within a new role.

Wanting to gain experience in other areas so I have the skills to progress
A secure place to work long term.
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff Bay, Cardiff14 January 2019
Although Morrisons was a secure place to work in terms of the salary, benefits and job security, the job culture was very poor with some employees and mostly customers ruining it for the rest of us. The place in which the store I worked in was located, meant that there was a lot of 'subtle-racism' which many did not care to argue against. This was extremely frustrating for me as I was forced to "bite my own tongue" every time I heard a sly comment.
Aweful. Avoid.
Night team manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire14 January 2019
I was mislead in my interview. The job description and the picture painted at my interview were just what I was looking for. With 20 years retail mgt experience behind me with sainsbury's I felt this was the logical next step having been made redundant by JS. How wrong I was. I should have read some employee reviews before applying. You live and learn!
I was basically an overpaid replenisher as the staffing levels were shockingly low to complete the volume of work expected every night. Corners had to be cut and standards had to be sacrificed in order to get anywhere near completion for 7am opening. Most nights work was left which irked me. I found myself replenishing up to 3 aisles and portering and trying to run the shift each night which became impossible.
Senior mgt were unhelpful, incompetent and arrogant. My suggestions on ways to improve were ignored contary to what was sold to me at interview. My knowledge and experience were ignored.
I stuck it out for 5 months and then left.
Avoid Morrison's. It's a company running itself into the ground from a lack of direction from the board and very poor senior store mgt.
If you want to work like a dog up to 60 plus hrs a week and get paid for 43 hrs. Go for it. Add on top of this being shouted at and bullied by the senior team then even better. You do not get the training, tools, resources or support as promised but it's all your fault.
Morrison's. Avoid, you have been warned.
Pros
Cons
See above
Average
Checkout Operator and Kiosk (Former Employee) –  Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire14 January 2019
They were good to giving me full time work, early morning, late evening and weekends. Sometimes I wouldn’t know what department I would be on until I got in so I was ended up trained on alot
Pros
Full time
Used to love my job but dont anymore
Customer Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne13 January 2019
Love the people that work there, used to like most of the management as well however am finding now that they can be very unappreciative of the hard work that people put in. used to love my job but now i feel like i have no choice but to leave. i have been there for 4 years now ad have recently been shoved back down to my old contract hours, which i cant afford to live on and have no way of getting any extra hours as they will not give me a better contract and have not been able to do so for nearly 2 years now. currently do not want to be there anymore
Mentally challenging
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Bodmin11 January 2019
Hours shortage in store means a manager is not really a manager. More a colleague with Manager tasks on top of that.too much pressure put on the dept management team to achieve all.
Pros
Company bonus, long service award, sick pay, holiday
Cons
Long hours, no bank holiday pay, no christmas with family as open boxing day, new yrs day
Hard but rewarding
Counters Manager (Current Employee) –  Leighton Buzzard11 January 2019
Very busy and fast paced, always short staffed, never able to take full breaks. Can be a very rewarding job, great customers, friendly staff, some perks
Good for customer experience
CUSTOMER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset10 January 2019
A fairly good company. Good opportunity to interact with customers.
Routine work so you get to know what you have to do if occasionally understaffed.
Life in a Morrisons Cafe
Café Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gloucester10 January 2019
I've worked in cafes before but Morrisons was somewhat different! The attitude of some management towards us was archaic - some only saw us as extra bodies for checkouts! There were some strange practices: frying fish and sausages in the same fryer, filtering the oil every morning instead of changing the oil. Gradually, hours were taken off us and the job was harder by the day. Over it all we had a fabulous Cafe Manager. She kept us going and was never afraid to pitch in and help. The food quality was very good in our cafe but others I've seen, not so good! Hygiene is a bit hit and miss in the cafes I've been to.
Overall, I enjoyed working in that cafe but the HR manager was a real problem for us!
Pros
Flexibility of Jobs
Cons
Bad Higher Management
Long days but all pull together as a team and get the job done one big family
Sales assistant / supervisor (Former Employee) –  Banbury, Oxfordshire9 January 2019
Helping customers day in day out helping other departments but wasn’t a bad place to work met new people and regulars but overall it made your day but loads work and less time to do it in
Pros
Early shift early early finish for social life
Cons
Late shifts no social life an
Productive workplace
ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands9 January 2019
I have worked at Morrisons for 5Years, i have learnt many skills and have come across many situations. I have learnt to enhance my skills while becoming a Team leader. Sadly due to cutting hours i am looking for a new job.
Pros
10% Discount
Cons
Pay
Morrisons
FRESH MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Manor Park9 January 2019
Work on shift with managers
Lots of modular work
Shift work
45 hours a week
Lots of overtime
Work on all departments
Lots of managers
General retail business
Pros
Stable
Cons
Long Hours
Wm morrison Plc
Customer assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central8 January 2019
Management can be very strict with absence due to sickness, friendly atmosphere from the normal staff and customers, good holidays and good staff discount
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Management treatment of staff
Developing retailer
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 January 2019
A time to be apart of a turn around retailer. A lot of expansion and development plans ongoing to make the business stronger and a great time to grow and develop
Administration manager
Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire8 January 2019
I started working at Wm Morrisons when I left school, starting on the delicatessen counter then through different departments.. admin, cash office, check out supervisor, admin manager, check out manager until I left to start a new career with E,On
Pros
great team working environment
Decent place to work
Customer Assistant - Christmas Temp (Former Employee) –  Westbury7 January 2019
The general atmosphere amongst colleagues was very friendly, which was pleasant. The store i worked in was relatively small, and therefore it was easier to locate items in aisles. The job typically included stocking shelves and removing waste from the shelves (boxes and packaging). The job paid VERY well, at £8.30 per hour (For my age of 16 this is nearly double the minimum wage). The management were a really decent group of people and there was a mutual bond of respect between management and colleagues. The work did get strenuous on the first few days, becoming rather tiring. However, i soon became used to this. Overall, i would really promote Morrisons as an employer. I was only employed as a Christmas temp and i was honestly disappointed to leave at the end.
Pros
Good pay, friendly atmosphere
Cons
None!
Worst employers ever.
Night Team Manager (Former Employee) –  UK6 January 2019
Horrible work life balance, under staffed under resourced, under valued as an employee, colleagues lazy, generally bad for everything, would not recommend to anyone or wish it on my worst enemy.
Pros
None.
Cons
The job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K