Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morrisons15 January 2018
Working and handling with all different variety of the public handling cash work benefit was discount of foods in store. Pension and shares were available
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
late nights
not a fun place to work
Sales assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire15 January 2018
as a worker there im bullied by other staff and they let you down all the time and managers treat you bad,i was disabled and they was making fun out of me while i was ill and not getting me help
Pros
no pros
Cons
its a unhappy place to work
Loved working here for the time I did.
Shop Assistant/Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom15 January 2018
Some days could be very hectic and others layed back and ticked over great. I learned a lot from working at Morrison’s on the managers side of the job in training staff and learning a lot myself. Most managers here were very nice people to work with and genuine people.
I found working at Morrison’s a nice place to work a nice atmosphere from staff and customers I would say the hardest part was reaching deadlines when pushed to the limits but that did not happen very often if you did your job right.
I enjoyed my job cause if you were doing it right the way they wanted it you were left alone to get on with it.
Pros
Subdised canteen.
Cons
I did not find any cons really.
Supporting staff in running a new department
Supervisor within the Fresh Prep Area (Former Employee) –  Diss15 January 2018
I opened the department and worked as a supervisor supporting a team. The department soon became a success providing fresh food to order and supplied the cafe in store.
Not a bad place to work. Convenient for lunch time.
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Plymouth13 January 2018
I like typical days. They are like all the others.
I like the ice cream aisle.
Supermarket management like to resent in house professionals.
Driven by insecurity and megalomania they see it as their role to intermittanty inappropriately stamp their tin pot authority on aisle 6.
Great USP, insufficient Budget
Butcher and Fishmonger (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon13 January 2018
Morrison’s Market Street is a fantastic unique selling point, providing fresh, in-store produced staff, but one often run with insufficient staff to fulfil the potential of each counter.
Pros
Good holiday entitlement, good pay for city.
Cons
Clandestine attitude to operations, with limited communication between management and staff.
Pleasant Work Environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 January 2018
I enjoyed working with colleagues and investigating customer inquiries. I learned how to maintain an organised working space and I devolped my ability to pay attention to small details.
Pros
Nice lunches
Cons
Long periods standing
Stressful, physically demanding.
Butcher (Current Employee) –  Strood, Kent13 January 2018
Working through delivery.
Checking product codes in storage and on shop floor.
Cutting to demands.
Cleaning and prepping for the next day.

Gained proficiency in meat & poultry and customer service experience.

Lack of support from management.

Close to people within department, but distant to other employees elsewhere in store.

Hardest part of the job is trying to keeping up with the load despite loss of staff members, though I enjoy the sense of camaraderie with the staff remaining.
Pros
Reasonable breaks.
Cons
Stressful environment.
Fun Work Place
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  St Helens, Merseyside12 January 2018
Everybody knows everyone and gets along which makes working at Morrisons enjoyable. It is also fast pace being a supermarket so you have always got something that you could be doing and if you finish your jobs help is given to other departments which may be falling behind where they should be.
Pros
Kind/Helpful work colleagues
Cons
Contracted hours
Fresh Prep Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading11 January 2018
Good company to work with. I've learned so much. I went from cafe assistant to fresh prep Assistant and then deli assistant only due I had problems with a colleague on fresh to go that was when I went onto deli. The managers never resolved this issue that's why it left me no other way that I had to quit. Overall, there are really nice people to work with. There's no hardest part in the job. I have enjoyed working at Morrisons
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
I wish the managers stepped up and sorted out the problems
Chronically understaffed
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London11 January 2018
Morrisons employ a skeleton crew to operate in their stores which can create an incredible amount of pressure on staff, especially if just one member of staff goes sick. This makes it incredibly difficult to deliver the level of customer service our patrons deserve.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Work rotas can change at a moments notice making it almost impossible to plan life outside work.
friendly
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough11 January 2018
Under staffed. Very often shelves are empty as staff are sat at tills instead of doing their jobs. Good to get through the tills quicker, but not to not be able to get what you went there for in the first place.
Pros
discount
Cons
short staffed
Dumbarton
Instructor at the Camp (Current Employee) –  The Camp10 January 2018
a typical day would be busy and extremely stressful management in Dumbarton store are not the nicest and put you under severe pressure. I would not recommenced this to anyone.
Pros
good breaks
poorly understaffed
Shop Floor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear10 January 2018
you literally do the job of 3 people with no gratitude from management,most places are so understaffed and the morale amongst the staff is horrible because of this
Pros
decent staff canteen, staff discount and profit share each year
Cons
not enough contracted hours available and not enough staff
A good place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire9 January 2018
I was only with Morrisons for about 18 months which was more than enough for anybody who doesn't enjoy working in retail. the job itself was ok and the people who work there helped you to bounce through day to day, customers would either make the job or break it, the management at the time did what they could to assert themselves as the hierarchy.
Pros
Ok, fun place to work
Cons
No real opportunity for progression
very bad company
Night Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester8 January 2018
do not work for them, if your face doesn't fit you get shown the door.
discrimate illnesses and punish you for illness supposed to be covered by the equality act.
gave me a final warning for breaking my foot unloading there delivery and being off for 10 weeks.
issue written warning for me and my partner losing a baby.
Pros
5 week holidays 6 weeks after 5 year service
Cons
bad management
It’s a job!
Checkout Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Peterhead7 January 2018
Some days it can be good some days it can’t be. Not a career I want but if you are just looking for a part time job go for it ! I just got the job to get me throg I university however I did get a tonmohe up to team leader
productive and fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, Kent7 January 2018
i enjoyed working for this company they was fun and helpful and helped me when needed and was very supportive, they helped me achieve new skills everyday.
Good job
Checkout staff/Café assistant (Former Employee) –  Ampthill rd Bedford6 January 2018
really liked working as part of a big team with lots of different task to do . Really like working on the tills and interacting with customers on a daily basis.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
working weekends
fun
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 January 2018
My duties included serving customers and helping them with their needs such as advising them on the products on offer and anything else they might need help with. This is my strongest ability, customer service. I love to help people and make the customer feel like they are being listened to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.