Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Hard work for little reward
Night staff member replenishing stock (Former Employee) –  Aldershot, Hampshire22 May 2018
Working nights there is a lot to get through in a short amount of time with very few staff.

Although night pay rates are better than most it's hard work for little money.
Pros
Cons
Staff canteen not staffed overnight so no hot food available
Unproffessional
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Wales17 May 2018
unreliable, empty promises, under paid over worked as a manager, tricked into thinking they are giving you a good opportunity, devious management system

long unpaid hours
missed unpaid breaks
Good but stressful
Sale Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex15 May 2018
Can often overlook essential requirements of the job to save money.
Great people to work with and good work benefits such as the discount and pension etc.
morrisons
Customer service assistant (Current Employee) –  waterloo huddersfield14 May 2018
I did work experience I learned what to do on the shop floor stacking shelves and working in the fruit and veg and flower department I enjoyed being part of a team or working on my own.
A terrible company that treats it's employees very poorly
Deli Merchant Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh13 May 2018
I have been with Morrisons for many years, the company has grown more neglectful towards its workers. The company will demand that you carry out the work of four people but will only pay the wages of one. They will work you at every corner and save money for themselves. The wages are not enough to live on. At any moment, your hours could be cut. It is another example of Morrison's saving money.

Management does not want to hear your opinions/ideas that can help improve the service that we provide for customers. Management is distant and patronizing. The only reason I stayed with them for this long was due to my life situation.

I recommend you seek an employer/company that values your hard work and respects you as an individual.
Pros
You get money.
Cons
Long hours, poor management, excessive workloads, disrespectful managers, no job prospects, no career advancements (unless your part of the right social cycles).
Productive but a hard day's work
Line Manager (Current Employee) –  Cardiff City, Cardiff10 May 2018
I have been with Morrisons for 10 years. It was a great company when the first opened in my local town, but over the last few years the company has gone through alot of changes, staff and management cuts are killing the company. They won't take on permanent staff to replace the ones that leave, but expect the staff that are there to do all the overtime under the sun. No care for its department managers that all do 50+ hours a week while senior management seem to look out for them selves and very rarely do more than they're minimum 43 hours.
Pros
Salary, discount, bonuses and great staff
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance and senior management.
Poor management
Senior Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Scotland10 May 2018
Training was fantastic as was manager in training store.

No thought process in where new managers are placed and with the correct store manager

Long days with no to little breaks.
Poor store manager very controlling and severe lack of people skills (their way or leave)
Not allowed to carry out my role

Colleagues in the store made me welcome
Pros
Initial training well thought out. Excellent benefits
Cons
long hours expected -Not being able to carry out my role
The hourly pay is good but that is it
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hastings, East Sussex8 May 2018
-no work life balance
-bad management not approachable whatsoever
-poor staff morale
-short staffed constantly having to do the work of 3 😊😊😊😊

Pros
Pays well but not enough for what you’re put through
Cons
Long hours, fully flex employees always get the short straw
Morrisons
Deli Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skegness6 May 2018
enjoyed it at Morrison's
I used work on the Deli ,Serving and welcoming customers , with a smile and help them
I used to do meats display getting ready for the day early morning
enjoyed very much I was sorry I had to leave but when moving to a new area from Skegness to Boston
There was no Morrison's there
Pros
discount
Cons
no cons
not a fun place - regimental
Personnel Assistant/Checkouts Operator (Former Employee) –  London6 May 2018
Company is good for people who want fixed hours although they vary and even on a fixed hour they require you to be flexible every week. Management has had some people who were bullies but HR took action which was a relief
good places to work
Temporary General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bamber Bridge4 May 2018
learned at lot and helped other staff out i made lots of friends there and helped out the customers and the management are nice people its a look place to work i dont think there was hard part to the job i love it all
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
n/a
Productive and friendly work place
Checkout Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire4 May 2018
Enjoyed working at Morrisons part- time alongside my studies at sixth form.

Working environment is friendly and fast paced. Everyone enjoys their role within Morrisons
Morrisons work experience
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Gorleston-on-Sea, Norfolk3 May 2018
I started working at the cafe at Morrisons for the first two days, I successfully completed all the task I was given and was moved to work on the shop floor, on the shop floor I was asked to look for out of dates, stocking and cleaning and I completed all these task completely.
Pros
the shop paid for my snacks, food and meals
Cons
i was not given a long enough break or lunch
Worst company to work for
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleethorpes, Lincolnshire3 May 2018
The company used to be good to work for but over the past few years it's dropped dramatically, managers don't seem to care anymore about their staff, there's NO work life balance and never seem to know what you'll be working until the week before, it's impossible to progress within the company they would rather get someone external with no experience, the pay is better than some places but not worth it for the amount of work they expect from you as the targets are just unachievable.
Benefits
Cons
Management, hours, expectations
excellent benefits zero work life balance
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheffield3 May 2018
Great benefits but poor work like balance. sometimes working 12/13 hours just to get simple tasks done due to the lack of colleague hours that are invested into the business
Fun place to work, staff friendly and compassionate
Customer assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds2 May 2018
I have learned time keeping and independent work within this job. Hardest part of the job is making customers happy and keeping to the time as their are many different jobs that need to be fulfilled especially on late night shifts as well as looking after the customers needs.
I have learned a number of many things in this job role including, handling money, customer service, canteen/café trained and legal paperwork.
things I enjoyed most within this job role is getting the know the staff and always having a positive attitude being able to have time off within the role for my studies.
easy role
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 May 2018
This job had no stress with an easy role, the pay was good and the hours were good.,This good also had good benefits and a friendly environment which made it easier to work.
Demanding nature
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  London1 May 2018
I am working for Morrisons for last 9 years in Admin and I learned a lot about customer service and about managing day to day work under pressure. Sometimes it is so demanding that coping with the pressure is extraordinary specially at the time of festivals. But in the end of a day I feel good when I finished my job fully and the management thanked me for my hard work. However, the most annoying thing in admin is, if somebody from my team called sick or absent for holiday, it is very difficult to find a person to cover the shift in admin department because of shortage of staffs.
Productive workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow1 May 2018
Within the job you are giving lots of training to help provide you with the skills needed for tasks. Staff are friendly and very helpful in every situation. Customers are also very friendly and make the job that bit more enjoyable
Awful management
Customer Assistant - Part Time (Current Employee) –  Sheldon30 April 2018
Managers talk to staff like they're something they stepped in, they don't ever listen to staff, the shifts are always changed, with little to no notice, you're expected to start as early as 5am, and finish as late as 12am, the managers are all lazy and walk around the store doing absolutely nothing, and the targets they set are just completely unreasonable. The shifts are supposed to be "family-friendly" and "somewhat negotiable", but that's nothing but lies. Personnel are useless too, there's never anybody in the office to speak to about problems, and any time there is anyone in there, they don't care enough to help out with problems. They don't know what they're doing. Cancelling annual leave without informing staff, changing shifts without notice, and never listening to any problems.
Pros
Discount (although tiny), most staff are friendly and a laugh to work with.
Cons
Useless, awful management and personnel setting insane targets and not helping at all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K