Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Found 3,361 reviews matching the search See all 3,488 reviews
Its good
Staff line Morrisons flowerworld (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire16 November 2018
I think it is a good environment with a management team who are very understanding at necessary times. They pay was very reasonable and fair. The only problem is that some people that come to work there are quite rude but overall I would recommend.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Standing up
hard place to work
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  preston riversway16 November 2018
fast high stress enviorment nt for the faint hearted 24/7 employer when you at senior managment postions tight delines and hard to meet targets all the time
Pros
god pension
Good Place To Work
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Chapel en le Frith, Derbyshire15 November 2018
A good place to work with great pay for the industry and good benefits and discounts. Management tend to have favourites and don't tend to thank you for the effort that you put in at times.
Made some life long friends through the company.
Worst part of the company is that higher management and head office don't allow for new staff to replace staff that leave and they rarely allow people to increase their contracts so can often be short staffed.
Pros
Staff canteen, great pay, good benefits.
Cons
Management, short staffed, hard to increase contracts
Workplace
Produce sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Ayr, South Ayrshire15 November 2018
Workplace was generally ok friendly staff and workmates

management has changed since my time but were generally ok

overtime was never an option as they were cutting back on hours when i was there

but there is a new wage stricture in place now so can imagine it wold be better
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
small store and close working group
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walton-on-Thames, Surrey14 November 2018
being a small shop we all built up close relationships pretty quickly.
the original management was fantastic, friendly and supportive.
we all worked well together and helped each other to complete daily tasks and general running of the store.
it became difficult when we knew the shop was to close and staff moral became very low.
I have stayed friends with many of the people I worked with
Pros
discount
Cons
store closed
good to work and great environment
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taunton and Minehead12 November 2018
Varied requirements but mainly filling and the latest work requirement was date checking and reducing products. Enjoyed all but change of working hours proved important
Pros
None really
Cons
Required to work day shifts when I was comfortable on nights, and main reason I left the full-time post
worst company ever
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 November 2018
if you want to stay sane never work for this company ever. Managers hardly know what they are doing, absolutely no people skills. The company is fairly lucky to have decent employees
Pros
10% discount
Cons
everything
bakery assistance
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Devizes12 November 2018
packed bread and rolls donuts and cakes. i would come in slice bread check to see what i needed from freezer. would pack bread and put it out on shelfes, serve coutomers
Pros
talking to customers
Cons
Terrible management and bad morale.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester11 November 2018
Worked for Morrisons for a several years used to be a good place to work but over the last 3-4 years its just got worse every week. In store Senior management are terrible. They speak to staff like dirt and are liers and mostly incompetent of doing there own jobs. Also they are so far from reality when it comes to a time frame for a job.
Department manager are mostly ok but not great
Work to life balance is also terrible, it’s common for them to change your next week rota on a Sunday afternoon without telling staff.
Overall I would highly not advise working here unless its a last resort.
Pros
Cheap canteen
Cons
Management, management and management.
Used to be good but now bsd
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queenborough11 November 2018
Used to enjoy working here no longer do senior team treat you badly and no respect for you as an individual. Understaffed and overworked. Pay is good for the job although some employees slack and you have to make up for their slowness but paid the same. As a manager your are salary paid but you are expected to work past your contracted hours for no extra pay would not reccomend.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, sick pay, yearly bonus dependent on store performance holiday pay of 28 days
Cons
No holidays allowed in christmas trading, over worked, understaffed, treated like numbers, no respect
Pretty good
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Northamptonshire10 November 2018
I only worked 9.75 hours , but was able to pick up as much over time as i wanted, everyone was extremely friendly, management were very professional and gave you advice when ever needed
Perfect Morrisons
Checkout Operator/ Baker (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire10 November 2018
Morrisons is an okay company. Everything about Morrisons is perfect. I am a checkout operator as well as a baker in the bakery department. My colleagues and managers are perfect. My department is full of very very good people.The only thing I have against Morrisons is they don't give me enough hours so I am now looking for a full time job.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Short Hours
Poor Employer
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Strood, Kent10 November 2018
Runs their stores on a shoestring, expecting its staff to work in difficult conditions without the tools to the job well. Severe lack of training and support. Staff find it genuinely embarrassing to wear the uniform.
Very poor
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol Hartcliffe9 November 2018
I enjoyed working here was taken on temp contact then made permanent I love interacting with customers but I needed to change my shift pattern due my husbands health conditions
I requested for this twice but was refused
But other members of staff who’s face fitted got what ever they asked for
I was very disappointed with the HR manage she sold me to speak with checkout manager who refused my request
I was a union member but was never advised to contact them to look into my request so I had to put in my notice
I feel that there is insufficient staff liaison and care plans in place
Pros
Pay
Cons
Shift and very poor communication
Was one of the worst Jobs I've had.
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon9 November 2018
I worked for this company and they started off underpaying their new staff, management were rubbish, never cared about their staff, and many times I was told to forget health and safety and just do the job at hand, even if that meant injuring the public, put it this way I would rather work in removals and warehouse jobs than ever work for this company again.
Pros
Money was okay when we got the full amount
Cons
Everything else
Workcamp
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Wakefield8 November 2018
The place at J41 is a mess. Lack of common sense, management do not care, dirty and not so safe to work. You will be punished for minor things like being off sick etc. Try to stay away if you can.
Horrible!
Retail Assistant (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  England6 November 2018
I've just left after doing 10+ years at Morrisons. Despite multiple department moves in that time, I never had a leaving interview, nor a thank you from a duty manager for the length of service I had done!
Pros
Discount card, cheap staff food
Cons
Bullying from a collegue of which he still kept his job, underappreciated from certain managers, rude customers and collegues
Excellent work
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire6 November 2018
A typical day is learning new things every day and meeting customer and working on checkouts and customer services what the most enjoyable time of the day
Hardest part of the job is dealing with the customers who have attitudes
Pros
Discount in shopping
full of kids
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  bucks high wycombe5 November 2018
In my time there all I see is children playing games and no work and full of children and they think it is a primary school

On top of that they made me work like dog and did not pay me right.

I quit and move to better rival company and they pay me a grand for doing easy work and even tho u do lots of hours which is our choice and i love it

They have the culture of a top manager coming from some were else to inspect the store and u have to top ur game for no reason its a stupid company full of stupid rules that they need some one else to inspect how each Morrison store is run .

Its stupid company and I think they should go back to corner shops like there were before they took over safeway.

If this aint the truth thats the reason there the 4th biggest supermarket in uk in since they took over safeway and still are in that position.
Pros
Cons
poor working conditions
wonderful
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Northampton5 November 2018
loved working here always something to do friendly staff funny regular customers, management deal with issues with urgency, you have set hours but they are very flexible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K