Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Found 3,290 reviews matching the search See all 3,413 reviews
Busy and friendly environment
Checkouts Operator (Current Employee) –  Surrey21 September 2018
Working at Morrison's, everyday is different; meeting new customers with different needs!
My typical day at Morrison's includes working on the checkouts. I serve customers and can help them with their enquires.
From this job, I have learnt many transferable skills such as good communication and being adaptable to be able to meet the customers need.
Morrison's is very diverse with the staff they hire and the management ensure we all have equal opportunities of progressing within the company.
I genuinely enjoy my job and the people I work with. The hardest part of my job is when there is not enough supervisors on duty and all 16 tills are open. We are occasionally left waiting for a while before the supervisor can assist us. This leaves customers very frustrated.
Pros
3 discount cards which are available also for friends/ family.
Cons
Too many tills and occasionaly not enough supervisors on duty to help.
standard job
Produce Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxted20 September 2018
no better or worse than any other supermarket job i imagine. pretty standard. not much to say really. martin as a bit of an absolute melt but bad managers are standard in work places.
Pros
good sunday breakfast
Cons
customers can be mean
Friendly colleagues
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire19 September 2018
My time at Morrisons, Chippenham SN14 was a very enjoyable time as I was working with good people. The managers were friendly and helpful, everyone would help one another.

I only worked on the weekends as I had sixth form 5 days a week and late shifts weren't available. I worked mainly on Saturdays which meant I had to be able to work hard on the busiest day of the week, this meant I had to make sure my work rate was good to keep up with the workload.

I would mainly stack shelves, show customers to products and make sure my department was clean and tidy. As the distribution of people between departments was poor, when my department had put all the fresh fruit and veg out in the morning as fast as possible, we would often be moved by management onto other departments where I did a variety of different tasks from cleaning dishes in the cafe kitchen to sorting the stock room.
Towards the end of the day, we had to complete an audit and reduce the prices of any products that were expiring on the current day.

Management was good, the managers gave out jobs that were realistic and achievable whilst also being challenging at the same time. Available working hours varied, some weeks there would be as much overtime as I would like to work and other weeks there would be no extra hours at all, getting more hours was difficult.

I enjoyed being on my feet and getting things done, I took a lot of pride in making the department look tidy and clean. I also enjoyed interacting with customers, and took satisfaction in helping them with finding what they were looking for.
Pros
Reduced cafe prices in the staff room, 10% discount, friendly colleagues
Do not work here
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire19 September 2018
Very bad place to work... Staff treat you like dirt on the bottem of their shoe and expect you to do as they say theyre all up each others bums no respect from anyone very bad place to be if you have mental health issues
Pros
Discount
Cons
Very bad staff no respect for anyone
Treat their workforce awfully
Produce Assistant (Former Employee) –  St Ives, Cambridgeshire19 September 2018
Worked really hard and every hour , sometimes 11 full days straight without a break, got a disciplinary for not working hard enough. Got regularly screemed at by Managers and team leaders. Eventually moved to another department to get away from those managers.

Happier then had 2 days off sick with a sickness bug, when I went back to work I was handed a warning by the personel manager for taking time of sick and told that my total of 4 days sick is a discipline matter and if it happens again I will be sacked as my attendance is now below the expected by Morrisons!!!

No surprise that I am looking for another job as soon as possible.
I really enjoyed working as a checkout operator in Morrisons
Checkout Operator (Former Employee) –  Cowdenbeath19 September 2018
Morrisons is a nice place to work and the other collleagues are very helpful. Meeting and chatting with different people on a day to day basis was both enlightening and educational .
First job was fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winsford18 September 2018
My hours where different everyday as I was part time.
I started working on the chicken counter where I kept the ovens clean and pre-ordered food and the end of the night. I served customers anything from whole extra tasty chickens right down to pork sausages and chicken nuggets.
My next department was the salad, pizza and sandwiches.
I made fresh pizzas instore in the evenings and fresh salads and sandwiches in the mornings.
We had to keep everything tidy so cleaning was a high priority.
Pros
IT was a fun job
Cons
Not family friendy
Good people and working benefits
Nights Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wm Morrisons anlaby15 September 2018
OK place to work I enjoy working here pay is good so are holidays and 2 bouns a year as well. Good staff discount avaliable discounted staff restaurant
very busy
Assistant Manager/Petrol Station (Current Employee) –  Castle Bromwich14 September 2018
Sorting deliveries, Tagging expensive items, printing P.O.S and distributing to the relevant department
Displaying goods in an attractive way using Merchandising skills and P.O.S, to promote sales
Creating a great shopping experience to increase company reputation and profits
Advising, Helping customers on items they require, also availability and delivery costs of products
Taking payments by cash or card, including refunds, returns, Discounts etc.
Promoting any special offers such as point of sale items at the counter
Calling other stores and including main warehouse for items out of stock
Organising work allocation, staff breaks and Rota's assigning departments
Back Office Banking and hand over to G4S security
Theft awareness including Auditing twice a year on departments I am allocated
Key Holder responsibilities for Offices, Safe, Counters and warehouse back door
Pros
employment
Cons
Social Media Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire14 September 2018
Nice managers and collegaues but the job can be challenging at times due to lack of communication between staff and people higher up who make the decisions.

Want to know more about Wm Morrisons Supermarkets?

Ask a question
poor morale
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Sussex13 September 2018
Very poor morale, lack of respect from management. Not enough staff to do the jobs that are required. not a great place to work wouldnt be recomending it to anybody
belittles at every chance
Warehouse Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear13 September 2018
A company that doesn't look after there staff and make you feel very small. They do not praise or reward good work. Progression is looked at if the face fits.
Pros
Cons
60 hour weeks and no pay after 43
Admin and Epos
Role Profile - Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wakefield13 September 2018
General office duties, to include inputting figures on tight deadlines, ensuring point on sale on the shop floor correct and offer advertised, pulling sales data off and passing it to relevant department managers. answering telephone calls.
Pros
Discount on shopping
Bad Management
Night Worker (Resigned) (Former Employee) –  Oxted, Surrey11 September 2018
Work from 10-7 (shop opens at 6am).
Staff canteen offers reduced snacks.
Taught to shelf replenish, use a pump truck (to move pallets of produce about), use a bailer (both for plastic and cardboard) and face up (turn products to front neatly) the shelves afterwards.
The pay is good but pressure is on to work fast and be accurate.
Constantly short staffed due to high turnover of employees who don't get on with the current manager.
Have to work public holidays (not Christmas Eve/Christmas Day/New Years Eve though).
Will miss the money but not the bi-polar management plan.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Debatable managerial skills
Brilliant
Cafe assistant (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, South Yorkshire11 September 2018
Amazing company to work for, this was my first place to work for and the staff are exemplary very supportive of you want to progress. Friendly and welcoming environment to which most departments feel like a family.
Pros
Very good work environment
nice place
Picker (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, West Yorkshire10 September 2018
nice salary , but environment very cold ... 12 hours shifts in minus 30 degrees ... hard to work .. shift managers very kind people , but people around you not
Working for Morrisons
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chapel en le Frith, Derbyshire7 September 2018
Working for Morrisons can be quite a challenge. Dealing with many different types of personalities and states of mind. My Manager is as flexible with my 13.5 hours as possible but due to the fact I constantly work weekends I find it very difficult ,as in my opinion and many others once you've got contract hours they are virtually impossible to change. Very little time is given to discussion due to every one been so busy. I do have a good working relation ship with all members of staff and team work is very important for the store to succeed .
Pros
bonus scheme
Cons
impossible to change hours
Horrible stay away
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Welling7 September 2018
Understaffed but staffed enough with useless managers. IF.U WORK HARD U WILL NEVER PROGRESS OR GET A SIMPLE THANK YOU. No career prospect, u will be treated like dirt
Pros
Cons
Horrible management
Friendly work place
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire5 September 2018
I am working for Morrisons for the last 10 months as a customer assistant. I have learned a lot about customer service and about managing day to day work under pressure. My responsibilities include resolving customer’s issues and maintaining/improving my company’s relationship with customers. This job has enabled me to improve my communication skills as well as to increase my confidence levels.
Pros
short breaks
Cons
good pay
it was fun working there lots of different days
Oven Fresh Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridlington, East Riding of Yorkshire5 September 2018
it was ok working there meeting new faces everyday (customers) and always had smile . Staff was polite and management helpful and chatty make you feel welcome .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wm Morrisons Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K