Wizard Staff Solutions

Wizard Staff Solutions Employee Reviews

United Kingdom57 reviews
I applied multiple times and it took ages for an interview to be arranged (around 2 months of back and fourth). Once I was interviewed I had to get a DBS though them, which I paid for, which also took ages to come back. They seem to have a huge turnaround of office/management staff. I had 3 different managers in the space of 5 months. However, you can almost always get though to people if you have any issues.. They can be a little pushy with work sometimes, great if you need the extra work, a little irritating if you have booked the day off though.
Very disorganised, we organised a Skype interview, they didn’t call them they tried to call me at a random time later in the day and I didn’t answer because I was busy but then I called to reschedule later in the week we agreed on a date and a time and again they didn’t call because they were apparently busy and then they decided to just not go through with my application altogether and tried to turn it Around on me saying they gave me loads of chances for an interview and that I hadn’t showed up. Really unprofessional I would never want to work there
Pros
Cons
Poor managenent
Only been with the business for 6 months, but it's everything I believed and hoped it to be! Colleagues are amazing, and management very supportive! LOVE the PAY-YAH treats too!!
Wizards is fit for people who want to work and don’t have any children to look after. They call you at anytime to go and work and don’t give you a heads up!! Poor communication. And they don’t care about your wellbeing
Worst place to ever work. You are basically on call every week. Was not made aware of this. This means you have to stay awake up until 10am and waste your time awaiting to be notified if you have a shift. The consultants are extremely rude. In the interview I was told that I would get shifts CLOSE to my area. But When you first join they take advantage of you and send you to places that take more than an hour to get to. The consultants ignore your messages when you tell them you are NOT available and then ask for timesheets when you said you can’t do the shifts and put the blame on you. It’s like they don’t read your texts. I would tell them constantly that I’m not available and she would still send shifts. It was really frustrating having to repeat my self over and over. They are highly unprofessional. They also pay everyone DIFFERENT amounts. I know people who previously worked with the agency and were paid more than me and a friend but all different amounts. I spoke to someone about this and they said it’s to do with experience and qualifications which is absolute rubbish because we all are students. Furthermore they make you pay for a DBS which is ridiculous. I know other companies who pay for that. If they were good then it wouldn’t matter but I just feel it’s a waste of money.
Pros
Nonen
Cons
It’s not a good agency to work for.I prefer Worldwide education as I just started working for them and the pay rate is way more higher than the one from Wizard.No more weeks being ‘on call’ and proper shifts week by week.
Given high hopes to begin with and then everything changed and was let down massively.
Staff team are lovely however i became very disappointed within such a short time
I liked working with wizard .it was a good experience but i have to leave the job for family reasons. I enjoyed working wizard. I would recommend this job.
Honestly dont recommend applying, youre always mostly on call. can go weeks without a shift! when youre on call its the most stressful thing ever and if you dont pick up youll get a strike! they will send you over 10 miles away so have to make sure youre clear to them that that is too far. They also do not reimburse the travel costs when receiving already the minimum wage! just not worth it! it eventually messes with you mentally!
I love working at nurseries it’s the best job. However, wizard is the worst agency I’ve been with; the management are rude, I am not paid anywhere near what I got at other agencies, they ask you to do “one off” shifts where you have to travel over an hour away however will give you a few ‘one offs’ every week...not professional at all.
Staff treat agency staff really badly.
If you don’t get a shift they want you to be on call from 7.00 am and you don’t get paid for that which is totally unfair. There can be a few weeks where you get no shifts.

Not impressed with them.
I’ve never experienced such a workplace in my life. Wizard staff are VERY unprofessional, the management is extremely rude and it was all just a waste of my time. I got hired to work for this company in May, the manager told me I was able to start work immediately, she said all I needed was my DBS and I was ready to go, she failed to mention that me getting a DBS would take 3 months. In the process of me getting my DBS, I was tracking her down for months asking “what’s the update, when can I start?” The manger would never respond. She would only call me to ask “what’s your previous address” etc. Even when she had called me she used to be extremely rude. I then had my first shift in August and that was my first and last shift.
In the interview the manager told me, there is always shifts available and any shifts you want to work you tell me the week before and she will book me in. After that one shift, everything changed, it went from me booking in shifts the week before to me now being “on call”. In case you are wondering what on call is, on call is when they call you between 7 - 10am if they have a shift they want you to go and work that day. To me, this is never going to work, I then began setting my alarm for 7am everyday for me to receive no call (very frustrating). My work background, I always have a timetable from a week before telling me what shifts I am doing so I am able to balance my work and social life, this happens at majority of work places to be honest but not at wizard staff. I then messaged my manger and said “I was told I was going to be working full time
 - more...
Official response from Wizard Staff Solutions
4 October 2019
Hello,

We are very sorry to hear your frustrations and would appreciate you contacting us directly so that we can take this further our side.

We never want any of our candidates to feel frustrated so please do send an email to: aimee.bradnam@wizardstaffsolutions.com

Many thanks

WSS
Great management team. Lovely coworkers and fantastic nurseries. Not always great for guaranteed work over summer holidays but kind and genuine people to work with, both within the company and at the nurseries working with the agency.
Pros
Work around personal appointments.
Cons
Not always guaranteed shifts.
Worked for Wizard for short time of 3 months due to inconsistency of shifts. Told would be Mon-Friday work each week, would often get half shifts or sent home early from nursery’s as they didn’t need you. Applied for certain location continually got same nursery opposite location and further away. Each agency nurse was on different hourly rate. Staff unhelpful or caring.
I worked for Wizards Staff Solutions and I was told pay would be weekly. It took over a month to receive pay from them and when I got my payslip the hourly rate was less than what was agreed when I accepted the job (£7.20 when I was told it would be £8 per hour). The actual work at the nurseries was good but management of Wizards was poor. Took a long time to get email responses and they would ignore emails that they did not want to respond to. Do not work for them!
Pros
Nursery work was fun
Cons
Don’t pay weekly even though they tell you this, Wrong hourly pay, Ignore emails that inconvenience them.
I am due to start the job position as a nursery assistant, and I cannot wait! The interview process was quick and easy with no hassle at all! The staff were very nice and friendly, both over the phone and in person! Very reliable and can guarantee a reply to any questions or messages!
Pros
Nice and Friendly Staff
Day to day work is a joy. You will learn to adapt to new environments. Flexible and ideal for students or those who have other part time work but need to make extra money. No job advancement or security, work is not always guaranteed, and it is a gamble whether or not you are welcomed into each team. Staff at this company do not communicate well and in my experience are disorganised, sending staff to the wrong location or switching them with someone else but failing to tell either person. They are reluctant to apologise or improve on mistakes.

Overall, a great job for students or those with other commitments as when you work is completely up to you. The work itself is endlessly fun if you love children. Not ideal if you are looking to build a career or develop strong working relationships.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor management
Official response from Wizard Staff Solutions
14 May 2019
Hello,

Apologies for the delayed response but we have picked up your review above and would really like to understand more about your experience with our Management team.

Please do email me with your contact details so that I can get in touch with you as we would like to be able to improve our services.

aimee.bradnam@wizardstaffsolutions.com

Many thanks

Aimee
Estuvo bien pero en algunos días era demasiado trabajo para tan poco personal
Pros
Flexibilidad
Cons
Sueldo bajo
I have worked for Wizard the past year and thoroughly enjoy it!

If you wish to gain experience in the childcare sector without being qualified it is the right path for you. You are sent to various nurseries which gives you the confidence and experience with different people and children.

This job role can really lead you to a fantastic career path and give you the platform you need to work in the childcare industry.
Having worked for Wizard Staff Solutions for nearly 5 years I have honestly thoroughly enjoyed my time here! The company offer fantastic support and I find my work/life balance is just right.

I whole-heartedly believe in the ethos & values of Wizard and feel these set Wizard apart from other agencies out there.

Overall I would 100% recommend Wizard Staff Solutions as an employer.
Pros
Support / Company Ethos / Values