Wizard Staff Solutions

Wizard Staff Solutions Employee Reviews

Awful Agency
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  London7 January 2020
It’s not a good agency to work for.I prefer Worldwide education as I just started working for them and the pay rate is way more higher than the one from Wizard.No more weeks being ‘on call’ and proper shifts week by week.
I love working with kids but for family reasons i couldn't keep my job
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire28 November 2019
I liked working with wizard .it was a good experience but i have to leave the job for family reasons. I enjoyed working wizard. I would recommend this job.
not great if you have bills to pay
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ealing, Greater London3 November 2019
Honestly dont recommend applying, youre always mostly on call. can go weeks without a shift! when youre on call its the most stressful thing ever and if you dont pick up youll get a strike! they will send you over 10 miles away so have to make sure youre clear to them that that is too far. They also do not reimburse the travel costs when receiving already the minimum wage! just not worth it! it eventually messes with you mentally!
Bad management
Nursery nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London8 October 2019
I love working at nurseries it’s the best job. However, wizard is the worst agency I’ve been with; the management are rude, I am not paid anywhere near what I got at other agencies, they ask you to do “one off” shifts where you have to travel over an hour away however will give you a few ‘one offs’ every week...not professional at all.
Very bad
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire24 September 2019
Staff treat agency staff really badly.
If you don’t get a shift they want you to be on call from 7.00 am and you don’t get paid for that which is totally unfair. There can be a few weeks where you get no shifts.
Not impressed with them.
Horrendous place to work.
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Purley, Greater London13 September 2019
I’ve never experienced such a workplace in my life. Wizard staff are VERY unprofessional, the management is extremely rude and it was all just a waste of my time. I got hired to work for this company in May, the manager told me I was able to start work immediately, she said all I needed was my DBS and I was ready to go, she failed to mention that me getting a DBS would take 3 months. In the process of me getting my DBS, I was tracking her down for months asking “what’s the update, when can I start?” The manger would never respond. She would only call me to ask “what’s your previous address” etc. Even when she had called me she used to be extremely rude. I then had my first shift in August and that was my first and last shift.
In the interview the manager told me, there is always shifts available and any shifts you want to work you tell me the week before and she will book me in. After that one shift, everything changed, it went from me booking in shifts the week before to me now being “on call”. In case you are wondering what on call is, on call is when they call you between 7 - 10am if they have a shift they want you to go and work that day. To me, this is never going to work, I then began setting my alarm for 7am everyday for me to receive no call (very frustrating). My work background, I always have a timetable from a week before telling me what shifts I am doing so I am able to balance my work and social life, this happens at majority of work places to be honest but not at wizard staff. I then messaged my manger and said “I was told I was going to be working full time
  more... and so far I have only worked one shift, why is that?” She then replied with “during the holidays it is very quite.. sorry” if this was the case why didn’t she just tell me that from the beginning instead of leading me on, giving me false hope that I was going to be working full time when I wasn’t. I ended up even spending £54 on a DBS that I never used. Honestly words cannot explain how disgusted I am at Wizard Staff Solutions. Before applying, I had already been warned about their lack of professionalism and their lack of work giving but I still went ahead and gave them a chance anyway and that was the biggest mistake of my life.  less
Official response from Wizard Staff Solutions
4 October 2019

Hello,

We are very sorry to hear your frustrations and would appreciate you contacting us directly so that we can take this further our side.

We never want any of our candidates to feel frustrated so please do send an email to: aimee.bradnam@wizardstaffsolutions.com

Many thanks
WSS

Great Management
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading11 September 2019
Great management team. Lovely coworkers and fantastic nurseries. Not always great for guaranteed work over summer holidays but kind and genuine people to work with, both within the company and at the nurseries working with the agency.
Pros
Work around personal appointments.
Cons
Not always guaranteed shifts.
Unreliable
AGENCY NURSERY NURSE (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire14 August 2019
Worked for Wizard for short time of 3 months due to inconsistency of shifts. Told would be Mon-Friday work each week, would often get half shifts or sent home early from nursery’s as they didn’t need you. Applied for certain location continually got same nursery opposite location and further away. Each agency nurse was on different hourly rate. Staff unhelpful or caring.
Unprofessional and poor management
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire11 July 2019
I worked for Wizards Staff Solutions and I was told pay would be weekly. It took over a month to receive pay from them and when I got my payslip the hourly rate was less than what was agreed when I accepted the job (£7.20 when I was told it would be £8 per hour). The actual work at the nurseries was good but management of Wizards was poor. Took a long time to get email responses and they would ignore emails that they did not want to respond to. Do not work for them!
Pros
Nursery work was fun
Cons
Don’t pay weekly even though they tell you this, Wrong hourly pay, Ignore emails that inconvenience them.
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hatfield26 June 2019
Great interview process, quick, easy and reliable for replies.
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire11 June 2019
I am due to start the job position as a nursery assistant, and I cannot wait! The interview process was quick and easy with no hassle at all! The staff were very nice and friendly, both over the phone and in person! Very reliable and can guarantee a reply to any questions or messages!
Pros
Nice and Friendly Staff
Flexible and fun, but unreliable.
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire18 April 2019
Day to day work is a joy. You will learn to adapt to new environments. Flexible and ideal for students or those who have other part time work but need to make extra money. No job advancement or security, work is not always guaranteed, and it is a gamble whether or not you are welcomed into each team. Staff at this company do not communicate well and in my experience are disorganised, sending staff to the wrong location or switching them with someone else but failing to tell either person. They are reluctant to apologise or improve on mistakes.

Overall, a great job for students or those with other commitments as when you work is completely up to you. The work itself is endlessly fun if you love children. Not ideal if you are looking to build a career or develop strong working relationships.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Poor management
Official response from Wizard Staff Solutions
14 May 2019

Hello,

Apologies for the delayed response but we have picked up your review above and would really like to understand more about your experience with our Management team.

Please do email me with your contact details so that I can get in touch with you as we would like to be able to improve our services.

aimee.bradnam@wizardstaffsolutions.com

Many thanks
Aimee

Buen trabajo para empezar en el mundo laboral
Ayudante de guardería (Former Employee) –  Londres18 March 2019
Estuvo bien pero en algunos días era demasiado trabajo para tan poco personal
Pros
Flexibilidad
Cons
Sueldo bajo
Excellent
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 March 2019
I have worked for Wizard the past year and thoroughly enjoy it!

If you wish to gain experience in the childcare sector without being qualified it is the right path for you. You are sent to various nurseries which gives you the confidence and experience with different people and children.

This job role can really lead you to a fantastic career path and give you the platform you need to work in the childcare industry.
Supportive & Great Working Environment
Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Harpenden, Hertfordshire13 March 2019
Having worked for Wizard Staff Solutions for nearly 5 years I have honestly thoroughly enjoyed my time here! The company offer fantastic support and I find my work/life balance is just right.

I whole-heartedly believe in the ethos & values of Wizard and feel these set Wizard apart from other agencies out there.

Overall I would 100% recommend Wizard Staff Solutions as an employer.
Pros
Support / Company Ethos / Values
Brilliant company!
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire12 March 2019
I have worked for Wizard Staff Solutions for two years now and can highly recommend the company! Supportive management and a wonderful team to work with.
Supportive and friendly
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire12 March 2019
I have been working for Wizard Staff Solutions for 2 years and they are always very supportive and very happy to help me! The job is very flexible and the nurseries are always very welcoming. It can be frustrating at times if the nurseries don't need me for a full shift but this doesn't happen very often.
Pros
Flexible work, friendly, supportive
Fabulous company
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  South of England11 March 2019
I have worked for Wizard Staff Solutions for around 5 years now, it is an AMAZING company to work for and I would absolutely recommend the company to anyone!
Pros
flexibility, progression and great colleagues
Not the best
Nursery Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire23 January 2019
I worked for this agency over the autumn. It was a promising company, however, I did not get the potential working hours a week which desired. I only got called up on 3 occasions for places that were accessible by transport. This was over 4 months. The pay was good and when I visited some nurseries they treated me with respect and helped me engage and play with the children. However, one nursery in particular treated me so poorly that I came home crying. This is the disadvantage of working for an agency as you have to adapt to new environments quickly but often treated like an outcast. Sometimes I was also called 10 minutes before the start of the day and expected to travel to a place which was an hour and a half journey on the bus. Its ridiculous the expectations. The advantage of this agency is good pay and flexible hours. However, this job definitely wasn't for me.
Pros
good pay, flexable hours
Cons
unreliable, treated like an outcast
Good nurseries, poor management.
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire20 November 2018
Can’t complain about any of the nurseries I’ve been to but my advice is to avoid if you are dependent on public transport. As a student and new to the area I expressed how I would only work certain areas yet they still sent me somewhere an 1hr 30 minutes away so spent a lot of time travelling that day. Management can be very unprofessional at times as they would ignore my messages and not answer the phone so I never knew if they received voicemails etc, and try to send me to locations I hadn’t agreed to work at.
Pros
Great nurseries, good pay, flexible hours.
Cons
Poor communication, expensive start (paying for DBS and uniform).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wizard Staff Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9