Winn Group

Winn Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom8 reviews
this was work experience for when i left school, • Post team duties, including: Opening incoming post, ensuring it is not mixed up with other post. Checking to see who incoming post is addressed to and noting the reference and file handler initials. Collecting outgoing post from team trays and sealing it in the correct class of envelope, ensuring date protection is not breached. Assisting in ensuring post is taken to reception on time, to be collected. Arranging the boardroom furniture in the right style for different meetings.
Cliques exist in every department. If your face doesn’t fit and you don’t ‘get on’ with management you will not progress.

They expect you to work long hours for low pay and a high case load up to 200 files.
A great support structure within the team I was in, although I don't think this was necessarily true in other teams. Good work/life balance. Unfortunately little job security.
This has a good company culture, management are professional. This is a relaxed work environment, even though work can be repetitive but their are good benefits and good training.
The professionalism of my induction day led me to believe that I would be surrounded by professional people, however, being put into the post team was quite the opposite. The post team manager left the other apprentices to train me on everything, which they made no effort to help me and some of them avoided helping at all costs. One particular apprentice had a very poor attitude in general and towards me, being the newcomer therefore ‘invading’ in their ‘friendship’ group of a post team. The day I started, the post team manager left me with this apprentice, knowing that they have a very poor attitude when it comes to training others as they joked about it frequently. After addressing this with the post team manager, they did not improve the situation or offer me any advice.

Furthermore, information about the apprenticeship was given to me once I asked. I had to ask multiple times as each time it was made unclear. I was supposed to wait 6 weeks before my apprenticeship actually started - I was informed about this because I asked.

I quit after 2 weeks due to being made to feel very unwelcome at the post team.
Pros
Next to metro station
Cons
Poor management
Working with a great team in a varied and interesting role.
Forward-looking management make the company an exciting place to work.

Good variety of roles from stable to career developing.
Pros
Great people, training, transport links and get your birthday as additional holiday
Cons
Really noisy floor as you walk through reception and dress down Friday!
There is plenty of variety within my role and no one day is the same, which I something I really like in a job. I'm out of my comfort zone on some days but I'm learning loads quickly and making progress.
My manager is keen to offer any help and guidance whenever possible and is always looking to support my progression.

The workplace is calm and spacious and I enjoy the general buzz of the space I work in.

With on-site parking and a Metro station next door, it is ideal for those who drive or use public transport.
Pros
Easy to get to and you get your birthday off.
Working as an admin assistant led me to spend a lot of the day staring at the screen - sometimes there was not enough work available - so patience is a key with this job. It is easy to get to being next to the metro but the working hours are long and it's very difficult to stay motivated if you have no interest and understanding of law and also have to be very driven as there was very little direction on what to do.
Pros
next to the mwtro
Cons
poor management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Winn Group?