winfields outdoors Employee Reviews

3.6Pay & Benefits
3.0Job Security & Advancement
fun workplace and current worker review
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Measham11 January 2018
winfields is the best place i have worked at, the staff are amazing and so good to get along with, always putting there customers first, the maintenance of the shop is in great condition, the management and staff have done an amazing job to keep vwinfields going
relaxed and productive work placement
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Feckenham24 April 2017
great place to work the staff are lovely and the customers are great. there is always work to do and people are supportive within the work environment.
sales assistant
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  winfields1 January 2016
management are bad the out door manager was so awful is one of the reasons that there is a big staff turn over. My time there was a a big struggle from day to day my anxiety level was so bad I could not do the job to my level because I was always in the office being accused of everything and anything it was horrible I have never had this at any place of work I always get told how good I am. The manager would always go and watch the security tapes and pull people in the office we had to put on radios so I new the manager was watching and would tell me what to me do. It got to the point that I was having panic attacks because of this person I am so glad I don't work there. This person has favorites and if you are one of them well you will not know what I am talking about I am a good person and good at my job. The manager also got me to change my sick note and that is not right I had one day off because of this person because I was so stressed and when I came back in she got me to change it. The shop floor staff was amazing all very kind fun I felt welcome with them very friendly and kind.
Miserable
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rawtenstall, ENG16 September 2015
A typical day at Winfields was dealing with a large amount of customers catering to their every need and query. At Winfields I had to retain large quantities of information regarding products as well as store codes of conduct and returns policy. While at Winfields I didn't feel like I was being told very much about new products that were arriving on a weekly basis as well as being told wrong and misleading information on some products in store which resulted to customers being misinformed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with, as they were all great people who made me feel welcome in the work place,
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not an enjoyable place to work
fun place to work
sales assistant (Current Employee) –  chester28 July 2015
i learnt alot about all outdoor equpipment and clothing from all brand reps, the management is very poor here which is mainly the only downfall this place has. the most enjoyable part of the job is making the customers happy and seeing them leave satisfied with what we have done fo them.
Pros
free rep training
Cons
small lunch break