Windmill Taverns Group Management reviews

Featured review
Windmill Taverns Group selected this as a representative review
Waitress
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ENG15 October 2013
Amazing and fun place. Learnt a lot about thai food, drinks and customer service. Great team and company.
Don’t work here
Terrible bar (Former Employee) –  Waterloo Station8 October 2019
They sack you for no reason the manager (short man baled head) and a ex manager josh sacked me with no reason when I asked why the reply is “we don’t Want to get in to it” simply no reason will be taking you to court.
Bar/ Restaurant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lancashire8 November 2016
A typical day at the windmill insisted in setting the pub up, making sure all tables were laid for the bookings, bar set up and resturant area and to be clean and tidy.
I always learnt something new everyday which mainly came from learning more people skills and growing in experience within the hospitality industry.
Management were easily to get along with and happy to answer any questions whether too little little or too big.
My co-workers were fantastic. great at their jobs and we all worked well as a team. quick and efficient and providing a high standard to each individual customer.
Hardest part of the job is knowing that a customer isn't happy if he has complained.
Enjoyable part of the job is not knowing what could happen in a shift. Everyday is different to the last
Pros
loyal customers
Cons
sometimes very quiet
lovely place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Preston8 November 2016
Friendly and cool work place
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG6 October 2014
Major responsibilities:
 Prepare daily and month-end accounting entries and adjustments.
 Monthly reconciliations of debtors, creditors, banks and aging analysis.
 Verification and posting of invoices.
 Petty cash management.
 Bank reconciliation.
 Preparation of cheques.
 Monitoring payroll system.
 Communicating with branch managers.
 Reporting to chief accountant.
Fun and Productive workplace
Bar tender. (Former Employee) –  Peterborough13 April 2013
A typical day at work would consist of setting up the bar up before opening the pub, serving the customers drink and food, cleaning up and restocking the fridges with drinks and shelves with snacks.

I learned how to pull a pint, to change barrels, and to remember big orders and get them correct.

The management were polite, and understanding but were firm and efficient when needed.

My coworkers we kind and friendly and i got on well with them.

The hardest part of the job in my view would be when the pub got very busy and i was the only member of on the bar/in the restaurant.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my coworkers and interacting with the customers.
Pros
staff discount and free sunday lunches.
Cons
working the graveyard shift i.e after lunch until 5.