Windmill Taverns Group

Windmill Taverns Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom9 reviews
A typical day at the windmill insisted in setting the pub up, making sure all tables were laid for the bookings, bar set up and resturant area and to be clean and tidy.
I always learnt something new everyday which mainly came from learning more people skills and growing in experience within the hospitality industry.

Management were easily to get along with and happy to answer any questions whether too little little or too big.

My co-workers were fantastic. great at their jobs and we all worked well as a team. quick and efficient and providing a high standard to each individual customer.

Hardest part of the job is knowing that a customer isn't happy if he has complained.

Enjoyable part of the job is not knowing what could happen in a shift. Everyday is different to the last
Pros
loyal customers
Cons
sometimes very quiet
They sack you for no reason the manager (short man baled head) and a ex manager josh sacked me with no reason when I asked why the reply is “we don’t Want to get in to it” simply no reason will be taking you to court.

Nice pace to work, but the money is poor. Not very good staff benefits. have made some amazing friends and connections working there.
Excellent place to work as a Bar Manager - Great working environment - Managerial staff were fantastic, Great competitive pay and enjoyable experience.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Long hours but that comes with the job
Major responsibilities:
 Prepare daily and month-end accounting entries and adjustments.

 Monthly reconciliations of debtors, creditors, banks and aging analysis.

 Verification and posting of invoices.

 Petty cash management.

 Bank reconciliation.

 Preparation of cheques.

 Monitoring payroll system.

 Communicating with branch managers.

 Reporting to chief accountant.
been here a long time bored of doing the stuff and i cant progress.
Amazing and fun place. Learnt a lot about thai food, drinks and customer service. Great team and company.
A typical day at work would consist of setting up the bar up before opening the pub, serving the customers drink and food, cleaning up and restocking the fridges with drinks and shelves with snacks.

I learned how to pull a pint, to change barrels, and to remember big orders and get them correct.

The management were polite, and understanding but were firm and efficient when needed.

My coworkers we kind and friendly and i got on well with them.

The hardest part of the job in my view would be when the pub got very busy and i was the only member of on the bar/in the restaurant.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my coworkers and interacting with the customers.
Pros
staff discount and free sunday lunches.
Cons
working the graveyard shift i.e after lunch until 5.