Wiltshire Health and Care

Wiltshire Health and Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews
I enjoyed my time at Wiltshire Health and Care for the job itself. I worked with some great staff members. However there are limited opportunities and i was refused for progression twice. There is also some issues with management where internal jobs are not always advertised, people can raise interest in a role and when it comes up they are interviewed and offered it. If you do not mind poor management culture the jobs themselves are quite good. I think that this is not widespread across the company but there are certain pockets of poor management and helping "friends" culture.
Wiltshire Health and Care took over Community Service from the NHS in 2016. Poor management, terrible mileage rates for personal vehicles, I am out of pocket every month.
Pros
Non
Cons
Too many to mention, mainly that I don't feel part of the NHS anymore, and don't trust them not to change the terms and conditions at the drop of a hat.
With your daily visits you may visit between 8-12 patients typicially a day this is usually in a specific area. The team is friendly and all staff are happy to help.
A positive and supportive place to work. Fantastic team who do their best every day. A proactive and positive approach is rewarded with many development opportunities. Great work/life balance and friendly, hardworking team who I am proud to be a part of. You get out what you put in.
Pros
Amazing team
Poor support from manegwment favourtism unpleasent unproffesional unapproachable most of the team are excellent
Very much bullying cuture unsupportive I regret to add

Worse environment i have been in so had to leave

Higher management ignore issues

So sad as enjoy my job and caring for people in the community so this meant professional/genuine staff left
Pros
Good team
Cons
Lack of care from management
Ignore old cqc rating . Staffed by agancy as many good staff leaving. Promise you training and so much but deliver nothing .
Bullying , zero protection against violent patients. If you want to have a good career this is not the place how things are presently .

Some good staff but they are exhausted by how unsupported it is.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Too many to list
Bullying culture with favoritism rife. Good team at front level, trying their best to provide an excellent service. Manager not approachable or professional, ensuring good people leave in tears
Pros
On the whole a good team
Very stressful environment with little focus on training. The work environment is not very professional. Managers need to be trained on how to retain good talent and the atmosphere is mostly not happy.
Pros
Good canteen
Cons
Long hours, little or no training
Always busy at work, no day is the same. Different aspects to job makes work interesting. Staff in my department are very easy to get on with and my manager is very approachable, any issues with work are dealt with at the time as and when they happen and sorted straight away.
Pros
gaining different work experience
Cons
can be stressful at times
a typical day at work.
what you learned

management

your co-workers

the hardest part of the job

the most enjoyable part of the job
Well supported by management
Variety of work callenges

Amazing team of supportive kind care people

Nice area to work in