Wiltshire College Employee Reviews

Supportive
Lecturer/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Lackham10 June 2018
Having worked for another well known Land Based college for several years, I cannnor reccommend Wiltshire College enough as a place to work. Land based studies is a challenging topic but the support that you receive is excellent. The Lackham campus needs some updating but is the most calming and wonderful place to be if you like working with nature. The team are great and the management ambitious with the learner experience the main focus.
Pros
Support, campus, colleagues
Only training experience.
Examinations Invigilator (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire9 June 2018
No Invigilation work undertaken for Wiltshire College. This was a training arrangement only. The training took place over several days and involved a group of around 15 people.
Friendly and interesting place to work
Funding and Finance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire24 May 2018
Wiltshire College has a lot going for it, the campus at whic I work is a close knit and friendly community, but working in the lower tier of business support can sometimes be dispiriting as these jobs are never a priority for progression or investment and are often restructured and cut.
My day at work
Lecturer (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire17 April 2018
A typical day at work starts at 8.30 am and finishes at 5pm. The day can consist of students, lectures, lesson planning, document writing and working with colleagues.

I enjoy with the students. Working with so many colleagues of varying characters can be challenging at times.
Pros
student interaction
Cons
Challenging times
friendly staff to work for
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire13 April 2018
its a lovely place, a bit quiet in holiday times though. Staff members are friendly and the students are quite polite too. I have only been here a short time and quite enjoy it.
Pros
good holidays and free parking
Cons
only finish at 4.30pm on friday
always improving and aiming to put the student first
Lecturer in English (Former Employee) –  Salisbury8 January 2018
A busy and fun environment. Very supportive staff and generally enthusiastic students. Future plans to develop and extend courses offered and improve fabric of building will benefit all as the College moves towards a modern learning centre.
Fine
Student (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire11 October 2017
Not really much to say tbh. I gained what was necessary to enter into HE. It was full time, which meant that childcare had to be factored into how I allocated my hours in college.
Up and Coming College
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire4 August 2017
Up and coming college which is well on its way to excellence due to a new, dynamic senior management team. There are many challenges to face in education.
A great team
Maths Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire20 July 2017
There are certain aspects of teaching life that just cannot be avoided, The team here are what made the job worthwhile.

There have been several changes to teaching practices every year, hopefully these issues will work themselves out eventually
BTEC Sport Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire19 June 2017
Wiltshire college offered me a variety of opportunities and training, I really enjoyed my time with Wiltshire college working within the Education Sector.
BTEC sport courses
sports lecturer (Current Employee) –  trowbridge18 May 2017
BTEC Level 1,2 and 3 in Sport

Good courses. plenty of variety and options for students.

Good working environment - supportive staff and pleasant students.
Good workplace
Marketing and Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire12 February 2017
A dynamic and fun place to work with a good culture delivering life changing education to adults and children

Management and leadership were excellent
great staff
Lecturer in Maths (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire12 December 2016
wiltshire college is a great place to work, the people work as a team and are particularly supportive. help is always on hand when needed.
Great work environment, lots to do
Lecturer of English (Current Employee) –  Chippenham15 November 2016
Lots of variety and extremely busy. Results driven environment. Opportunity for career progression. Some very supportive colleagues. Good facilities.
Electronic and electrical lecturer (Current Employee) –  Chippenham9 October 2016
I am happy as I work with young people and progress toward being a full qualified lecturer specially in engineering. we have a wide range of support but work in education industry now a days is very stressful and hard work.
Pros
work with a very good team
Cons
stressful work
Cleaning Services Manager
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge28 September 2016
since starting at Wiltshire college in June i have found the place to be a remarkable place to work the staff are friendly and warm to wards each other which make's it a pleasant place to work.
Pros
brilliant people
Cons
early starts
#Teamwiltshire
Facilities Contract and Procurement (Current Employee) –  Wiltshire28 July 2016
Working for Wiltshire College is a joy. It's close to where I live, I have flexibility with working hours and am able to visit all the sites. I have a great team and feel a valued member within estates. The most difficult part of this job is getting a decision made and the time it takes. There's a long process that needs to be followed and numerous people have to agree on this and then last minute it can change. But it's part of my job to ensure contracts and continual service runs smoothly.
Previous Employee
Multi-Site Facilities Manager - Wiltshire College (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge14 January 2016
Constant change, try to re invent the wheel, what goes around comes around and if it didnt work previously does that not tell you something. Constant management changes and ideas for change already been tried and not successful, Staff consultations for change but take no notice of opinions/suggestions Now trying to do away with middle management and expect one manager to cover all sites/disiplines, completely impracticable. More work for less pay impacts on final pension, higher sickness and stress levels to achieve objectives, therefore affecting learners outcomes. No incremental pay rises for 7 years. Avoid this employer and stay in the public sector or private education where funding is available.
Excellent challenges Positive chances
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Trowbridge2 May 2015
from day one I covered Tutors off for various reasons, plenty of great staff. The usual staff that are only there to complain but avoid them and you can get on with the challenge of tutoring, I get a real buzz from it and can't tell you enough how I like working there. You should read the reviews where people can't deliver their job
Pros
Positive outcomes evident
Cons
old stuck in the mud attitudes from some staff
Poor culture
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire28 April 2015
I worked here for a very short period of time - I was just 1 lecturer in a very long line to take on a group of learners. Throughout the duration of my brief stay I experienced a complete lack of organisation and support to enable me to fulfil my role. Students were very dissatisfied with the college, as their learning had been inconsistent they were disillusioned and on the verge of giving up. I found some existing staff helpful, though within the department a lot of negativity and conflict existed. I have never felt so uncomfortable in a work environment!

I now work for a private college where team work, quality and competent lecturers exist. Never again!
Pros
Reasonable pay
Cons
Poor culture