WILLMOTT DIXON Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
CSA Gas Planner (Current Employee) –  Patrons Road Kings Heath22 August 2019
Typical day overworked lonely
You learn to get by on your own
Mangement is racist and don't care
No culture
Hard to be black
Best part going home
Pros
Going home
Cons
Racist management
Very professional
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Woodmansterne, UK31 July 2019
Only here on a placement so hard to give a fair review of the workplace as I didn't visit the head office.

Staff I worked with were great. Everyone on site was approachable and took time out to teach you and answer questions.
Productive, Chatty and friendly experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands9 July 2019
I worked for 2 weeks ( Work Experience) as an student at college studying Plumbing in Birmingham.
I loved going into people's houses and assisting the Plumber.
Helping out with taps/toilets and dealing with members of the public.
I would love to work with Willmot Dixon again.Now that l have an level 2 in Plumbing, and work towards my NVQ 2.
A Big Thank You.
Worst company ever!!
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  London8 July 2019
I went above and beyond for this company but as soon as i gave them my notice they withheld my wages - that was 3 months ago now and i still haven't got paid from them - disgusting
Pros
nothing
Cons
managers didnt stick to rules, dont like to pay people, and can cover for whoever they want as long as they want them working for them
Helpful and fun workspace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Cambridge8 May 2019
There were different challenges in different industries in construction such as, carpenter, bricklayer etc. However it’s also a challenge consulting the health and safety aspects. Ultimately I learned that to be in the construction industry you have to take multiple risk factor test considering health and safety precautions.
Productive and good workplace
Finishing Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 January 2019
Good company. Friendly team. Opportunities to be promoted.
Willmott Dixon is a privately owned contracting, residential development and property support business. Willmott Dixon is one of the biggest construction companies in the United Kingdom, employing more than 3,500 people
cool team
Receptionist/ Project Assistant Temp (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London25 September 2018
fun place
good location
fast past
trusted to do your job
supportive team
Pros
fun
very good work cultural
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Cobham, Surrey24 July 2018
Willmott Dixon is one of the best company to work with because of their highly skill professionals they are helpful in career path building are highly experience
Pros
free lunch
Cons
7am to 5:30pm
Enjoyable
administrator (Former Employee) –  Cardiff18 April 2018
Never a dull moment answering phones and speaking to clients day to day. Completing daily tasks such as booking meetings and hotels for colleagues, sending and receiving post on time. I feel as if I've benefited from this line of work.
Good investment in apprentices and management rainees
General Manager Fortem (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire and south Yorkshire3 February 2018
I Started with a joint venture company then promoted, delivered Three projects making significant proffit, recieved great rewards for my efforts, great promotions and fantastic teams.
Pros
free drinks good rewards for acheivement
Cons
long hours and lot of travel with nights away
Fun workplace
Assistant Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rotherham15 September 2017
The company with other staff was good which made the job even better, the management was good making sure that I was always satisfied. The jobs provided were no problem keeping me motivated
Pros
Good company
Cons
Everything was good
Very professional workplace
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Yeovil, Somerset11 July 2017
Management on site were easy to get along with as were everyone else on site. Pay was good and the fact they liked to hire labourers locally made it easy to get work nearby.
Pros
good wages
Cons
temporary work
Productive and Fun workplace
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Coleshill, Warwickshire26 June 2017
get into work go to my desk set up my laptop then offer around to see of anyone would like a drink that's the kind of place it is everyone cares for each other. and that is what I would say the most enjoyable part of the job is it's the people who work there everyone is very nice and not hostile we really all work as a team to get jobs completed, its got an atmosphere that I think would be hard to find at another company within this business
Pros
nice enviroment
Excellent
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside21 June 2017
Great team, everyone looks out for each other and will help you if in need. All round great team and all very friendly. I was only on work experience but everyone still treated me like i was a part of the team.
Labourer
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Coventry, UK28 April 2017
I enjoyed working with this company, that time when I work with them,i got this job through agency, wasn't good payment because my luck of skills I was just a labourer, but I honestly enjoyed, good management, friendly.. I work with them in 2 project.

I look forward to working with Wilmott Dixon again in the future.
typical day at Willmott Dixon
scaffolding inspector, liaison officer (Former Employee) –  Kingstanding, West Midlands9 April 2017
A typical day at work would have started with going into the office, check all tasks for the day and ensure all paper work was up to date before heading off on sight. The hardest part of the job facing challenges in the work place was difficult as the challenges were different everyday, but figuring out the way to deal with them was another challenge of its own, solving the problems I faced on a daily basis and dealing with residents was the enjoyable part of the job.
Management what a joke
Scape goat (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester4 April 2017
Well what can I say.. all the management are a bunch of blame shifting muppets !!! If you work in the construction industry stay well clear trust me you don't get paid enough money to deal with the management who try and make your work life difficult.. iv never in my work life 25 years ever work for a more soal destroying company in my whole life..
Pros
When the managers go on holiday
Cons
Stressful
busy and productive workplace
Apprentice Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Tilbury St. Chads6 March 2017
At the willmott dixon site, i learned the basics and some advanced skills of the carpentry trade, it was a very well formatted site and a good knowledge of work. The only negative point of my apprenticeship was the salary, it was quite a low start being on £3.30 per hour.
Cons
low salary
Productive and hard working workplace
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol30 January 2017
Great Company to work for with hard work rewarded. Able to progress up the ladder. Great company benefits.Friendly workplace culture with friendly staff.
student work eperience
Labourer (Former Employee) –  london17 January 2017
didn't really get to experience a lot s I was only there for a month as a student on work experience but I hope to work with a company like that.