Willis Towers Watson

Willis Towers Watson Employee Reviews

United Kingdom75 reviews
Experience varies team to team and salary could be better for location
I've been working at WTW for a year and would say the quality of your job greatly varies on which team you are on. I enjoy the team I work on very much. But team Leaders have a lot of free reign on how they want to manage their team and what atmosphere they want to create and how strictly they enforce company rules.

Their response to the COVID-19 crisis could have been better handled, they only started making everyone work from home once Lockdown started and they were forced to. And before this, it appeared to be different rules depending on who you head of admin was. Some teams had set up work from home very quickly, while other teams had little to no communication from the higher-ups on what was going on. A lot of people feel it has been made clear that their priority has been saving money and not their employees safety.

The salary leaves a lot to be desired too, while the location isn't technically London, the rent prices are still very high and the salary for entry level employees will just about cover this.
Nice environment but not paid well for the hours put in
Good people and nice environment however you are not rewarded for the effort and time you put into your work and often get overlooked by members of staff. It seems to be very one rule for one and another rule for others and the management definitely needs updated training. The salary is a big reason for the high turnover in administrators.
Great colleagues and workplace culture
People are the best you can find with a good work place culture., full of respect and team work. The perks are really good, and the pay too.
Only downside is the unmanageable volume of work.
Excellent client base, loads of good management initiatives, opportunities to shine
I have worked in the Retirement team at the WTW Reigate office for just over ten years. In this time I have worked with some of the leading figures in the industry and have had the opportunity to be involved in cutting edge projects on some of the UK's largest schemes. The Reigate office has long-standing relationships with a large number of prestigious clients and so the client base provides a huge number of opportunities to colleagues.
There are currently several initiatives underway which provide fair opportunities for all colleagues, such as ensuring that junior colleagues get a good spread of all types of work and also a good range of consulting opportunities. There's also a big movement encouraging the provision of more continual feedback, which I think is really valuable. Inclusion and Diversity and Wellness are also hot topics in the office at the moment, with lots being done in this area.

If you are considering an actuarial career, I would highly recommend it - I don't think any other career gives such a diverse mix of technical work and consulting opportunities - explaining complex matters to clients who may not know much at all about pensions or who might be experts themselves. Our retirement business is thriving, with great plans for the future and our clients include pension schemes will are still open to new members and others with large numbers of active members who will still be receiving benefits in decades' times.

The Reigate office is great, with open-plan hot-desking and an on-site canteen. We also have a dress-for-your-day policy, where you can
 - more...
An unfair company but a good steppng stone into office life
Working at Willis Towers Watson has opened up my knowledge to computer skills and software. The company has been a great stepping stone into ‘office life’ and have found a bigger passion for working on teams in order to reach our daily targets. I have been able to be given to opportunity to work on admin reports and projects that are due on a short time scale, which have been stressful, but with time keeping and the support around me I manage to get the work out on time effectively.
Pros
felxable working
Cons
poor pay
Excellent company
An excellent company to work for. Staff are well looked after with respect to salary, pension and benefits. The culture at Willis Towers Watson is also great.
Busy, professional,
Good place to learn about pensions.
Always lots of work.

Third party provider so input from clients can be disruptive to daily tasks.

Local management constrained by wider company policy.
Productive and fun workplace
High intensity and complicated work however it means you never get bored and the days fly by.
good social culture and a great mixture between experienced individuals and young professionals
Professional
As my experience at Willis Towers Watson was not for long I enjoyed shadowing the staff there and found their work place culture was very professional.
Working to a balance sheet
My experience is based on trying to get regulatory change into the company and the balance between training staff and conducting business. Still 10 years behind insurers and banks to understand what is really required.
Great place to work !
I have gained a great deal of experience over the last 15 years at Willis Towers Watson. No two days were the same. A typical day would consist of extensive diary management, travel and itineraries, visiting hotels, project management and company secretariat duties. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people from across the globe.
Fast paced organsation to work for
Fast paced and a high performing organstion which was fun and challening to work in. Work was very varied and there was plenty of opportunities to not only broaden your experience and skillset but to grow your current level. Overall a great place to work.
good place to work
Great worklife balance , great people to work with, and great culture.
Nice offices in London , UK another international sites.

I have had a good experience working for them and will go back again.
Fast paced, pressured but flexible place to work
Great place to work, constant change and development opportunities, fantastic people who work together to achieve results, constantly. Open and friendly atmosphere with a mature approach to flexible working.
Corrupt place with terrible managment!
The worst place you could ever put yourself in if you are honest and hard working and want to work your way up by graft. This company thrives on naive, shallow mindless people who have never left the town, who bed and lie their way to promotion and a pay rise. No union and a HR that promotes bullying and emotionally threatening behaviour as standard from their management, who, generally could not run a market stall! Awful. Save yourself the hassel and do not work at this den of corrupt, foul, employers. The grass IS greener on the other side!
Focused and understanding
I loved working at Willis Towers Watson. The pay was good and the people I worked with were really nice and I was challenged. I don't like having easy work so being encouraged to learn new skills and such as excel were really enjoyable
good work life balance
there was a good understanding that even though you had to work long hours people also had a family that was important to them personally so they understood if maybe you had to leave to watch a play or etc
Regressive workplace
Currently a culture or false economy. The company fails, for the most part, to retain talent and motivate employees.

It can be a good place to start as you can progress quickly. This is because the amount of work due to short staffing.
Nice employer with reasonable pay & benefits
Nice employer with reasonable pay, progression, company incentives and benefits.
Great location, with good on site facilities, would recommend this employer for the right candidate.
Positive and challenging workplace
WTW is a good place to work especially in terms of support for study. Everyone is very considerate when it comes to allowing you adequate time to focus on exams so that you can make good progress with achieving Associate/fellowship with the IFOA.

The work itself is challenging and interesting and the fellow colleagues are very good at what they do. This means that the pace of learning is incredibly fast and rewarding.

There is generally flexibility around the projects that you want to get involved in and as long as you express your interests I feel as though you can mold your career in the direction you wish to go in.

You could say there is a slight lack of client exposure for junior colleagues however this is often because of the technical nature of a lot of the work that is taken to clients, which means it is important to get a good grounding beforehand. I do think there could be more of a focus on giving junior colleagues more of a bigger picture understanding of the projects though, as there are often really interesting things going on.

Overall, you learn so fast on the job and can see yourself understanding more and more every day which is incredibly rewarding. There are so many people always willing to help and a very collaborative environment/ friendly culture.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Can have particularly busy periods
Stuck in the 1980's
I was impressed by the willingness of newer Managers to improve the culture in the company, However the culture is very political and some older senior people are serious blockers to this aspiration in my view
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willis Towers Watson. Our community is ready to answer.