Willis Towers Watson Employee Reviews

Not ideal - by a long shot
Lead Associate (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk31 July 2018
Job is fine, however the management (the London based management responsible for my team) were awful. Bullies, brash, arrogant etc. I was bullied by the management to such an extent I had to leave without anything to go to.
Pros
varied job
Cons
bullied by management constantly
Re
IAM & PAM Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ipswich8 July 2018
The worst place i have ever worked as managers were in a mix up could not make up their mind. In terms manager was never there and could not decide how the project was going to be.
Pros
Cons
management fustrating
The people make the job
pensions (Current Employee) –  Reigate4 July 2018
If you wish to learn about pensions this will be a role that you will learn and need to learn very quickly . The team you work with make the role. The administration departments work well however the contact centre can be a very hard and fast pasted environment with a lot of work and targets to meet, be prepared to learn many different schemes and have a vast knowledge throughout aswell as being capable to multi task.
Pros
Canteen
Cons
holiday availability
Good place to learn your pensions knowledge
Senior Pensions Administrator (Current Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey8 June 2018
A typical day is very busy allocating and sending out casework on time.

I have learnt a lot of pensions knowledge in the various types of pension arrangements for example DB, DC and Cash Balance schemes.

I believe management could pay more attention to the pension administrators.
Very good work envrionment
Pensions Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reigate, Surrey22 March 2018
Multinational company. Very policy led. Very thorough and supportive. Great benefits. Difficult application process. Opportunities to progress. Great Team
A very good learning ground and supporting colleagues
Project Associate (Former Employee) –  Malaysia4 March 2018
I got the opportunity to work with WTW for a year and a half. Throughout this entire time i was exposed to small and large projects and gained a lot of experience through it. Having worked in a fast paced environment, it has taught me to work under pressure better and handle challenging situations in a calm manner. Having projects across the country, i learnt to manage clients and teammates through good communications. Having dealt with many clients, i learned the art of managing clients and maintaining good relationships.
Pros
Building good network
Cons
Changes in management
Market leader that pays like a straggler
Administration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey20 February 2018
Work can be very repetitive but the working environment is relaxed and only those with management responsibility tend to stay late. The company charge clients more than any other competitor but basic wage is low. They justify this by saying the bonus and benefits make up for it but most benefits aren't relevant to young people and the bonus calculation is not transparent. The company seem happy to train people up and watch them leave, then replace them with cheaper people. Good if you have no experience but staff retention is poor.
Pros
No pressure to stay late, give chances to inexperienced people
Cons
Staff retention, wages
Good Company
Management Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  ipswich16 February 2018
A great place for furthering your insurance career.

The staff are dedicated, hard working and genuine people, and always happy to help.

Plenty of opportunity to further your career in the London Insurance community
Pros
good training
Cons
Long Hours
The people make the job
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey5 January 2018
good job, limited progression, salary does not compare with competitors, benefits have decreased since merger, a lot of overtime is needed, the team events are great - especially at Christmas
Great career in a great consultancy
Director (Former Employee) –  London and Reigate2 January 2018
I had a very long and productive career in WTW. The company truly lives up to its values and the people within are amazingly talented - it was always the people that kept me there - at all levels. The culture is about excellence and client service.
Pros
The culture and people
Cons
Finding 'time out'
Excellent career opportunies and a supportive environment but poor work/life balance
Product Owner (Current Employee) –  Reigate, Surrey20 December 2017
Excellent career opportunities and a supportive environment but poor work/life balance. Workload is intense and not for the faint hearted. There are a lot of experienced people who like things done a certain way making it hard to change but definitely not impossible.
Great summer job
Pensions Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reigate, Surrey17 September 2017
I had a fantastic experience working in the Reigate office during my summer vacation from University. Fun team and excellent working conditions. I will be hoping to return next year.
Pensions Administrator (Former Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey28 July 2017
I enjoyed my temporary position with the company and learnt A LOT along the way. Training sessions are great and that's coming from someone that doesn't know anything about Pensions.
Pros
Training and the people are lovely there.
Cons
Dis-organised
Good company to work for
Graduate (Former Employee) –  London15 July 2017
Much better than big 4 in terms of development and work life balance. People are friendly, there's always a great social scene. Flat structure, wouldn recommend
Nice people but pretty hopeless management
Test Manager (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, UK13 June 2017
The IT department I worked at (there is more than one in the company) was highly disorganised with little idea how to deliver a project successfully. But the people were really nice.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Low discipline in projects
Always making colleagues redundant
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk9 May 2017
Not a great place to work if you want job security. Work was sent to Mumbai making Ipswich workers over worked and stressed. People who worked there were vey pleasant though.
Pros
Cons
Redundancies
Busy workplace
Adminstrator (Former Employee) –  Epsom, Surrey9 May 2017
Interesting role with variation day to day. Management overall were supportive. Most enjoyable was the variation and the people. I learnt a lot about the different software that companies use and the different programmes used to make a successful business.
I enjoyed all of the work I had to do.
Nice place
HR Consulting Intern (Former Employee) –  London22 April 2017
A good place to work with a smart bunch of people who work there. Learning is great too and they carry out some really great work for their clients. Good balance.
Productive and busy
Website Configuration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey9 March 2017
The company offers some great benefits,including a great pension and good flexible benefits. The working environment is very pleasant, hard working and productive.
Pros
Good Pension
Cons
Limited Advancement
Professional and educational working environment
Pensions Administrator (Former Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey23 January 2017
At Towers Watson I worked alongside my team leader who effectively taught me about the pensions industry as well as how to handle my own workload but to also work as a team. Frequent day courses to further my understanding of the industry were very educational.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Willis Towers Watson. Our community is ready to answer.

Willis Towers Watson Reviews by Location