Williams Lea Tag Employee Reviews

Productive and fun environment
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire6 September 2017
A good, professional company to work with excellent prospects. Would recommend the company to future employers.

The company have a strong management team and excellent opportunities to progress in the business.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Long hours and travel
Great company
Learning and Development Trainer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 September 2017
Encourage promotions in house, good communication and work place culture.

Salary reflect role and regular training and performance reviews were encouraged.
Avoid Like The Plague!
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands18 August 2017
Williams Lea are awful. They will keep you as a temp forever,make sure you stay on the min wage forever and treat you like rubbish. No chance of any progression either.They lie to employees to string them along. They will try to manage an office from another part of the country, pretending they are fully aware of how it is run day by day & oblivious & uncaring of employees needs. All they are interested in is cost cutting more & more. Don't expect a mince pie at Christmas from these misers!!
Pros
Cons
Low pay & they lie to you.
Avoid, Terrible bullying atmosphere
Reception Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 August 2017
The law firm itself is great , but Williams Lea are terrible. We were initially employed by the firm untill being outsourced. What was a model office has been run into the ground. Staff have been cut , pay increase is next to nothing. Staff who had worked there for years have been pushed out by bullying managers , because they dared to complain.Only to be replaced by people with inferior experienced . You were expected to work extra long hours due to a lack of personal to be told that they would prefer you to take the time back which never happened. The company dose not care about you, just there contract and saving money. They also lie and what ever you do don't aske questions.
Pros
non
Cons
Bad management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Victoria, Greater London17 July 2017
Spent 17 years working for Williams Lea working on various account.
worked with some good teams.
had a good manager but never got to see any other senior managers.
Pros
manager would always help me gain more knowledge and improve my skills
Cons
no information about the business fed down from more senior management
hard working
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire16 July 2017
I am a hard work and I am always on time on day for workand it is a good friendly plan to work/ you always have to be on your ready to work. and be really to get the jon done
Terrible management and working conditions
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wymondham, Norfolk13 July 2017
The pay structure is good provided you work hard although there can be a great deal of favouritism. The working environment was appalling with no air conditioning and insufficient heating in winter. The higher management do not listen to the staff, leaving the middle management to take all of the criticism.
Pros
Great colleagues, ok pay
Cons
Terrible working conditions, poor upper management
Williams Lea
Operator (Current Employee) –  Clydebank, West Dunbartonshire28 June 2017
Typical Day

Scanning, Mail Sort, Customer Complaints, Mortgages

Learned about the company and how it works

Management are flexible and easy to work with.

Work place is a factory / Mail Sort easy to work with staff members are good to work with.

Hardest part of the job is meeting SLA and explaining why these havent been met if this is the case.

I love working with the people i work with and we have a laugh to.
Pros
Flexiblity and Great Staff
Cons
Traveling to Clyde Bank every Day from Stirling
repetitive, long hours
Data administrator (Former Employee) –  Wymondham27 June 2017
Relatively dull, repetetive work with a constantly changing process for little reason.

Supervisors are good.

No increased overtime pay

Little advancement oppertunity / job secutiry

Weekly pay is good
Great team of people, Poor management
Digital Content Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 June 2017
After working at Williams Lea Tag for just over a year and a half I can honestly say that I have worked with a great, fun and out going bunch of people who all seem very knowlegable in their line of work. The company has built a great hub in London at the Aldgate Tower office with its modern design its a great place to work at. However my time spent there has resulted in seeing a limited confidence in the managerial side of the company, with poor decision making and lack of advancment options for those looking to climb the ladder.
Pros
Great offices, fantastic work colleagues
Cons
Long Hours, poor managerial strategy
Produtive
Back up supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blackpool20 June 2017
Poor management.
Very friendly atmosphere and good salary lots of opportunities for overtime.
Lots of benefits and job security
Possibly of .boo g around the company as it's a large business to work for
Wider Community is nice
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London27 May 2017
The best thing about working for Williams Lea is the nice people you can meet. During the last few years, the management side has diminished and is slightly in disarray but overall there are hundreds of sites where you could meet some great people if you really stick your neck out to do site visits. If not, you tend to think the place you work is the only Williams Lea site as you don't get to see anyone. Williams Lea do not push a community spirit. The only way at one stage was through charity events, however, Williams Lea are now no longer focusing on charity and at time of writing do not have a charity partner, hence no events to get involved in and meet people.
Williams Lea to blame
Head of Department (Current Employee) –  Aldgate East Station16 May 2017
Tag Worldwide have given me everything I have in my career so far, you do need to ask for it but I've had the opportunities to further my skills and been given salary increases that somewhat reflect that.

Williams Lea took over 2 years ago and have reduced the good atmosphere we had going when we were just Tag, very corporate and salary increases? No chance.

I'm striving to improve myself here but finding less and less opportunity, distant management and lack of investment in internal technologies used.

The people are fantastic, but these days they are always coming and going.
Pros
good people, handy location
Cons
lack of salary increase, distant management
Interesting place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk8 May 2017
Working here has been very interesting and challenging. I have enjoyed working here and taking on everything that has come to me. Very lovely people that work here.
Awful company to work for
Electronic Working Administrator (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport3 May 2017
Management were bullies and HR were next to useless.

They dont look after their staff nor listen to them.

The company went through 4 different managers while I was there and they were all bullies.

HR does not look after you and everybody at that job hated it.
Pros
Cons
everything! worst job ever
Entry level only
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wymondham, Norfolk18 April 2017
Working at Williams Lea is fine if its one of your first jobs, But anthing other than that seems to be a fruitless effort. Employees have to work there for 5+ years before they are even considered a promotion in my experience.
Company is part of a very large global company, not always a good thing.
Proofreader (Current Employee) –  London17 April 2017
Good variation of work crosses my desk.
Interesting collection of working with different languages.
Not much support from management.
Workplace culture is fair, but a bit cold.
Trying to follow all different processes for each account, to get the same result in the end.
Best part of the job is 'getting things right' despite other departments making that difficult.
Pros
Being part of a large global group CAN have advantages.
Cons
Being part of a large global group can also have DISADVANTAGES.
Worst company I ever worked for
Records and Workplace Managment (Former Employee) –  Luton16 April 2017
Management rude and unprofessional. Pay was a joke and amount of work was relentless. Worked 12 hours of which 4 hours where my own unpaid to complete a project. No thank you the bosses actually were very rude. Would never want to work for an employer like that again. Worst year of my life, staff turnover is a constant
Pros
Cons
everything
4+ Years working at WLT
Team Member (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 April 2017
Unfortunately i wish i could state some great things about this company but having worked over 4+ years here and been through three rounds of redundancy and a take over by a company not willing to expand. finding positive notes is very far and few between.

The Board and management seem to neglect the workforce that is keeping this company afloat, having seen many CEO's take ownership and then resign within months of each other only states the dire need for this company to stay afloat.

The only good part of working here is the people who put in the long hard hours. The unspoken rule of thumb is work hard play harder. A lot of lifelong friends have been made here, though i believe this is because of the hardships we have all endured.
Pros
Cons
too many to mention
A tale of woe.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear24 March 2017
In they rode on their shiny charger and wrestled control of the work from experienced and knowledgeable staff, off into the sunset they went riding their stock horse while whistling the theme tune to Rawhide, taking our jobs with them. Having closed probably the most efficient and best suited installation for the job, one can only think,never mind the quality feel the savings.
Pros
No, not really
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Williams Lea Tag. Our community is ready to answer.