Williams Lea Tag
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Williams Lea Tag Employee Reviews

United Kingdom155 reviews
I enjoyed my time at Tag. The team was largely friendly and talented, and we enjoyed each other's company. But the offices were a little soulless, the general atmosphere uninspiring and the corporate spirit missing. Consequently, there was little cohesion as a team making it challenging to motivate people to act as a group. There was little desire to stand up and be counted and the work could be unambitious, people unwilling to step beyond their comfort zones, preferring a clean nose and a head down. This suits many people, so i won't knock it.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Lack of top-down ambition and pan-agency camaraderie
Obsessed with heirachy, there's no 'team'. People are treated as a number and discarded willynilly. Upper management pick on people intentionally to attempt to belittle them publically, whilst simultaneously having no clue about the jobs they are asking of people.Don't dare attempt to correct a manager else you could very well lose your job. That is unless you are best friends with said management, then you may sit and talk about reality television all day without risk of negative attention.
Pros
Flexible breaks, honor holiday requests
Cons
Disorganised, outdated technology, poor management, culture of bullying
Business is struggling and they are always making cut backs, especially with the staff. You will face redundancy at some point in your career at wlt. Management are poor and clearly have their favourites.
Pros
Good pay, long breaks
Cons
Poor management. Always making staff redundant
I really enjoyed Williams Lea. In the end I stayed for over 17 years. People are great, and management team are excellent. The people I worked with were loyal friendly and helpful. I don't have a bad word to say about Williams Lea at all.
I've spent nearly 5 years working with Williams Lea Tag, and I've learned quite a few skills to develop myself on a personal level. Built some very good working relationships. Easy to get to as well.
in the two years i worked for Williams lea tag i found management unhelpful, there was also lots of back biting going on between staff which management did not seem to care about, i regret joining this company.
Minimum wages but room to advance for the staff and a good set of benefits and opportunities.

Works with staff to enhance their skills, mentoring available.

Overall, a good place to work.
Don't be fooled by the good salary you earn while working here, its the only good thing about this job. The place is all about who you know not what you know or how good you are at your job. Its one rule for one and another for everybody else. Only way to get treated with some respect is to be a suck up to the supervisors, who treat people like dirt unless your in their inner circle.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of respect from supervisors
Reluctant to give permanent contracts. Two half years on a zero hour contract, however work 40 hours a wk. Managers don’t seem to understand the legalities of such contracts & unfortunately misinform employees.
A good company to work with, very professional. The co-workers are very helpful. The managers are very understanding in the work environment as well in certain private matters that affect our life on a daily basis.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No opportunities for progress
Very productive company to work for but due to size you did not feel part of a team, rather an extra which did not enhance relationships within the company
I would never recommend working for Williams lea in Peterborough. The workers are not respected by the management. People work there for over one or two years and are not given permanent positions. People are leaving this place constantly and there are plenty of new starters who have no access to the system and because of that people who work there longer are tired and frustrated. The management make you feel like useless workforce.They say that agency people can take 25 days of holiday and do not respect holiday rules which the agency workers apply to (2.5 days per month). Unprofessional people in management who have no experience with dealing with people. No progression and extremely low salary.
Advantages: free coffee,tea and water- but believe me, it doesn't reward bad treatment and bad atmosphere at work so I don't really see any advantages. AVOID THIS PLACE !
I worked there short term to work on ppi.
Management were very involved with day to day running of business.

I only worked on a short term contract but it was enjoyable.
An atmosphere of do as i say, not as I do.
Almost like a pyramid scheme. If you were in at the beginning you are treated different than a recent hire. Spent MANY MANY Hours doing nothing. Shambolic management team with absolutely no back bone.
Terrible place to work way too many managers they expect you to to work every hour and if you don't work over time they get very emotional, the one major problem that is Williams Lea tag Wymondham is all the managers are best friends and it's very clicky and they talk and treat the operators as expendable scum. Not a pleasant place to work
I am start on training with non trained team leaders then I felt I knew more than them. good place to start working but I am not happy to get more responsibility without any payment or bonus or award.
Payment is so low for a responsibility to handle original documents.

is not a stressful place, you can work peaceful.
i really enjoyed my time with WLT, we were sub contracted but based at a large law firm, although we all worked on the same floor, the WLT team were paid much less than the others, although the job was repetitive, it was still a good place to work, but chances of progression were small to none
Production of management accounts including setting budgets, analysing cost variances and reporting on under and over spends. Key stakeholders include HR and Finance Directors. Managed overseas team.
Great work environment and fair sallary
Long hours at work, but rotating 12 hour shifts 4off/4on

Different work projects which includes multiple tasks and helps to develop overall knowledge and increase work experience
Good company to work for, fair work life balance. Unfortunately the company split out into 2 businesses WL and Tag and a lot of Tag employees were made redundant one being me,
Relaxed environment with a very varied list of tasks to carry out. Fast paced with tight deadlines to adhere to.

Post sorting, delivering post and parcels to client's desks.

Managing a small Team of post operatives and completing all KPI's.

Checks on copier machines ensuring they are running correctly and calling out engineers if required.

Bagging up of outgoing post and delivering to loading bay.
Pros
Meeting people and having face to face contact with the client
Cons
Tight deadlines