Wiley Employee Reviews

Family oriented
Associate Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex23 September 2019
Nice people, but too much frequent change and layers of management. Enjoyed two stints of maternity cover but could not tie down a permanent role due to staff saturation.
Fantastic
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chichester9 September 2019
I hope work with amazing people and have a great work life balance what’s not to like 👍🏼
The culture is brilliant with masses of support
Big Brother it is not 😀
Great company, some annoyances
Publishing Assistant (Former Employee) –  England10 June 2019
Enjoyed working at Wiley but found issue with occasional personnel more than anything. Constant comparisons to predecessors from one manager and general lack of faith from another. Aside from that, friendly group and enjoyed my time there.
lovely staff, not the right job for me
library sales co-coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex11 April 2019
I really enjoyed working at Wiley, felt professional yet fun and inclusive. My only issue was that I did not enjoy my role, it was unfulfilling to what I was searching for in a career.
A great publishing company to work for.
Fun Workplace
Facilities Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire18 February 2019
At this job I was a temporary work experience placement. This means that I didn't get paid. The culture that was there on the other hand was very friendly and productive which were very welcoming to me when I worked there. I learned what a real office workplace environment was like.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
wonderful people to work with
Technology Lead (Current Employee) –  London3 October 2018
Wiley has the people who understand employee needs and provide them correct tools , culture is cool, I have learned so much due to all the opportunities I got there.
Challenging
Finance (Current Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex17 September 2018
Restructuring and redundancies cause major job dissatisfaction among most staff that work there, I hear "this job is making me ill" on a weekly basis. Terrible systems that are becoming unworkable.
Pros are free tea and coffee, nice location and offices in Chichester.
If you like a challenge, this is the place for you, it is very challenging. Ok if you are short term temping I guess.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Unworkable systems, unhappy staff, no job stability
Perfect for temping
Editorial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire20 June 2018
I only worked here for a few weeks, mostly spent on my own but this means I was trusted to be able to get on and do what i needed to with minimal supervision.
good benefits; great people; challenging market
Managing Editor (Current Employee) –  Oxford4 June 2018
Wiley is a family company and still has some of that feel in its culture and ethos. The company has good benefits, including pension, and a number of perks, such as an annual recreation day and a Christmas party. There are a lot of talented and creative people at Wiley, which is really what makes the culture.

The industry as a whole is undergoing a lot of uncertainty at the moment and Wiley, like all companies, is adjusting to changes in its market. This can make a challenging environment for colleagues, particularly for those that are motivated by improving research literature (rather than finding commercial opportunities).
The people are great, but senior management has made the culture and working environment much worse than it used to be.
Editorial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford8 May 2018
In general, the people working in the editorial teams are fantastic and are (in my opinion) the best part of working for the company. However, the senior management team seem to have no idea how to implement their long-term strategy and there doesn't seem to be much logic behind some of the decision making. At a time when other employers are becoming more flexible to ensure that staff are able to work at their full potential, Wiley has taken a step backwards on this front.
Best Company
Assistant Financial Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex30 April 2018
Loved working at Wileys it had a real family feel and I felt like I was part of a team and I have never worked for anyone that was quite like them. I wish I had never left.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Learnt all i could learn and required a new challenge
I hereby declare that the above given information is correct to my best of knowledge.
Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 March 2018
To become a part of the organization where I can apply my Knowledge enhances my skill and be able to contribute growth and success of the organization. One years of experience in the field of Accounts. Now looking for a suitable position with a company which offers genuine room for progression and where I can make a significant contribution.
Pros
Free lnchs
Cons
Long hrs
Distinctly Average
Market Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex30 January 2018
Not brilliant leadership or career progression but flexible for people with families and trying to make positive changes. In the Midst of an identity crisis.
Productive and a fun place to work
Customer service advisor (Current Employee) –  Bognor Regis, West Sussex13 January 2018
Working at Wiley's has given me the confidence with working with customers and in an office environment.

The people there are some of the nicest people I have ever met , everybody gels well together. Nobody minds if you need to ask them a question and they all get stuck in with outside of work events!
Quiet working environment
Trainer and Auditor (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire9 January 2017
Plan and deliver training to internal and external customer service departments in English and German CRM systems.
Audit customer service teams work. Create training user guides and agree processes.
Pros
Lunch time running club, discounted books
Cons
Too quiet, lack of communication
A great company, I wasn't a temp
Interaction designer (Former Employee) –  New Jersey16 December 2016
Working for Wiley was an absolute blast. I learned so much. The way they made me feel was fantastic. I was a contractor but they treated me as one of them. I never experienced that feeling anywhere else before.
I worked there for 11 months.
Supportive colleagues and opportunity for development
Commissioning Editor (Current Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex30 November 2016
The best part about Wiley is the people. I have never worked with such a supportive, kind and generous team anywhere else. Although I do not, and have not always agreed with the changes and restructuring brought about by the senior leadership team I believe that the decision makers have the companies' best interests at heart.
Pros
Hardworkng, loyal and dedicated employees
Cons
Wiley is struggling to find its place within the market
Company recovering after several botched reorganisations
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oxford2 September 2016
The Company is has a good work life balance, and everyone is very friendly and approachable. However, it has recently been through two years worth of reorganisations during which many staff were made redundant. It is beginning to emerge from this now though, and the atmosphere is more positive.

The management style can be vague and secretive though.
Pros
Good co-workers, very friendly
Cons
low wages, vague management
Wiley are outsourcing too much
Senior Production Editor - Content Management (Current Employee) –  Oxford, ENG12 May 2015
Many jobs at Wiley, including my own, are being made redundant due to outsourcing them to places such as India and the Philippines.
fun and exciting workplace
Marketing Supervisor and Distribution Operative (Current Employee) –  bognor regis12 January 2015
i enjoy working here as it requires knowledge of many different aspects of the entire Erupoean Distribution Centre. With taking in of stock, logging into our system, to stock management (adjustments, goods in, order creating) , picking-pulling, despatching

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wiley. Our community is ready to answer.

Wiley Reviews by Location