Wildlife Fundraising (Central) Ltd

Wildlife Fundraising (Central) Ltd Employee Reviews

Featured review
Wildlife Fundraising (Central) Ltd selected this as a representative review
A lovely friendly place to work with a great atmosphere. The office is in a farmhouse in a remote location. There are dogs in the office and a log fire. There is a lovely pond outside with benches around it to enjoy your lunch at. If you are after an environment where you wear designer suits and head out to swanky wine bars after work then this probably isn't the place for you! The team are a mix of full and part time colleagues, plus some field based and are all very friendly. The role is admin based but you get to find out about events and new places to visit that you might not have otherwise known about. There is flexibility in your working hours and is also the ability to work from home on occasions, which is really handy.
Pros
Beautiful office location, friendly team, helping wildlife
Cons
Limited career progression
I have worked as a fundraiser for the company for 4 months now. I fully recommend the role if you are looking for a part time job and don't mind working the weekends. Like any job it has good and bad days but there is a fantastic team behind you for support. You are interacting with the public and need a thick skin to be a fundraiser. If you get really good you can earn a significant amount in commission without feeling guilty as it means more money for conservation.
I stumbled into this job by accident 5 years ago and love it! Great culture & work life balance. The wildlife trusts do great work & do it in the right way & you're doing an important job raising funds. It's not a complex job but not easy - I like the challenge & the support I get!
An interesting job, talking to members of the public about the work of the wildlife trusts, and asking for support via membership. Excellent training and on-going training support. You have your own lightweight stall with excellent Wildlife Trust photographs and promotional materials.
Pros
Raising money for the wildlife trusts, so they can carry out the vital work they do, Work at different venues in the county, Learn a lot about the work of the wildlife trusts, Meet lots of interesting people.
Cons
You have to work weekends. You have to drive and be able to carry your stall.
The training and induction process is thorough, and support is ongoing after this initial stage. It's a good balance working 3 days a week for the salary, and the actual work enjoyable too. You get to talk to lots of people at events and make a difference to wildlife.
I have worked for The Wildlife Trust for just over two years now. I enjoy the flexibility of the work You do need your own transport but they pay a travelling allowance. There is a no pressure sales approach in this role and training is provided You can choose whether to work full or part time. It is a very pleasant , rewarding roll. Salary depends on hours worked and results. They are a really nice company to work for
An excellent part-time job, visiting many interesting and varied locations. The position of recruiting which I hold is very rewarding you really feel that you are achieving something for a worthwhile organisation. The basic pay is good, with a realistic opportunity to earn more on commission, petrol used to travel to venues is paid. The structure and organisation is excellent well supported by a very hands on team leader. I’ve been with the company just over three months and I am really happy I joined. The job does involve on occasions quite a distance to travel, but if you are new to your area, it can take you to many interesting places of interest you may never have known about.
Pros
Interesting and varied
Cons
A little Computer knowledge is required.
I am a part time membership promoter I love the variety that this job brings, meeting lots of people and raising awareness of the vital work that The Wildlife Trust do throughout the UK The working hours can be very flexible You do need your own transport and then just yourself and a positive attitude. Training is provided and support is always there. A great company to work for
Pros
Flexibility
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wildlife Fundraising (Central) Ltd?
Working at WFC as part of the central team is enjoyable, we are an office of roughly 10 people. The day structure for a full-time staff member is 9 am start, with a 30-minute lunch break; finishing at 5 pm. It is brilliant working for a company that aids The Wildlife Trusts in achieving their goals, by helping them gain new members. I would say this is the biggest reward of the job. My direct line manager at WFC is brilliant and extremely attentive. We have weekly catch-ups to ensure all is going to plan. The work culture is quite relaxed, however as the majority of the staff are part-time the office can be quiet if you are a full-time member of staff. Additionally due to our secluded location, there isn't much of a social aspect to work. As there are only 10 members of core staff there is little room for career progression, however the company does acknowledge hard work and you are an appreciated member of the team.
Pros
Friendly Staff, Flexible, office dogs
Cons
Secluded Location, Little career progression
I really enjoy working at Wildlife Fundraising as I am passionate about wildlife and conservation and want to help The Wildlife Trusts gain as many members as possible to support their good work protecting nature. By using my skills and experience I am able to help them achieve their goals. There is never a 'typical day' at work as it is a varied and ever-changing environment but everyone is supportive and friendly from the CEO to the fundraisers and the Board of Directors. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we hit targets and know that the Trusts we work with will be able to plan and undertake projects in their local areas. The hardest part of the job is managing the workload as there is never a quiet moment with over 40 fundraisers in 13 geographical regions and a lot of background work to do on a daily basis.
Pros
Working in and near nature reserves
Cons
The commute