Wigan And Leigh Hospice Employee Reviews

Caring for the patients
Assistant van driver /driver (Former Employee) –  Hindley, Greater Manchester7 July 2019
99% of people do a fantastic job, caring and lovely place but there are a couple of departments in the organisation which need to be investigated, terrible management to work for.
Pros
Most are nice people
Cons
Certain mangers
Wonderful colleagues
Voluntary Worker (Current Employee) –  Leigh11 April 2019
Worth while work carried out by volunteers and knowing you are helping a worthwhile cause, the volunteers are amazing and very generous with their time
Pros
Colleagues
Friendly and helpful team.
Shop Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Atherton18 June 2018
I was on there a very short time but really enjoyed every minute I spent there. The other volunteers were very helpful and made me feel welcome.
A very nice atmosphere to work in.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wigan3 March 2018
The hospice shop had extremely helpful and supportive staff and helped to settle intol the job. The shop was very organised and easy to look round and organise
Pros
Half price on stock
Cons
A lot to sort out
Productive and interesting
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wigan8 July 2017
Spent a week cleaning and offering cups of tea and coffee out to families of patients at the Hospice. I learnt to work fast and efficiently and complete a job thoroughly.
Pros
Easy
Rewarding
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester3 July 2017
Very rewarding volunteering position. I volunteered once a week for an hour and a half. I'd serve tea and coffee and chat to the patients and visitors.
Nice to work with other people.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wigan15 June 2017
The job was completely done by volunteers so the environment is one built on trust. It is easy to make friends with the people you work with and often you relax into a role or series of jobs that you usually perform, however anything that is required may be asked of you.
Pros
£1.50 towards lunches
Cons
N/a
very enjoyable experience
Drivers Mate (Former Employee) –  Wigan13 February 2017
a nice friendly organisation to work with. very helpful when gaining experience in working with the general public. although hard work at times, it was worth while.
Pros
free meals and small daily allowance for refreshments.
Cons
short term appointment.
Fine
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wigan11 January 2017
I was only a volunteer so i cant comment on most things. i was also only there on a college placement so only stayed for 2-3 months.
the people where friendly and got you involved and you could interact easily with patients.
was quite sad to see some of the patients when they wasnt well but was an overall good experience
Pros
free lunch
Cons
sad
Rewarding experience improved by caring staff and brilliant facilities
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wigan5 June 2016
I volunteered at Wigan & Leigh Hospice for a week. For part of the time I assisted in the Day Hospice where I worked as part of the volunteer team. I was self-motivated; I assisted the day care patients when they needed it and organised entertainment activities. I also helped the teams work together when needed. For the rest of my time there, I worked in the wards - where I was responsible for serving refreshments and meals as a member of the voluntary team and took personal responsibility for this when needed. While there, I thoroughly enjoyed delivering a high quality of care and compassion; I feel I improved my teamwork skills as a valuable member of the teams I worked in and communicated effectively at all levels
productive and fun working place
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hindley, ENG3 November 2014
i was contracted to 10 hours per week but worked more when needed, we cleaned the offices and wards the hardest part was infection control deep cleans making sure yoou had cleaned everything to their standard. i learned how to clean office and wards to their standards, my co-workers and management where really good if we wanted the weekend off co workers would help cover and management was fine as long as someone would cover and you return the favour.
Pros
working with the people i would with
producive & very worth while job
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wigan, ENG19 September 2014
start at 9.30am , take any donations up to the first floor sorting room then start to go threw the bags of clothes & bric-a-brac, steam garments then price tag & hang ready for shop floor . All staff members are very friendly & happy to help .
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wigan21 July 2014
I was working voluntary, but it was a nice place to work. Good co workers.
Lovely place to work, everyone is friendly.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wigan29 June 2014
Enjoyed working here on Saturdays as a shop floor volunteer but sadly had to leave as it was clashing with another job.