Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews

Found 144 reviews matching the search See all 9,620 reviews
laid back
Grocery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Piccadilly, Greater London3 May 2019
chilled environment, no micro management, good pay, excellent team, good genuine people.chilled environment. Busy store, always something to do, many benefits
Great company
Bakery Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VA25 April 2019
Great company to work for, plenty of opportunities to progress within the company. I you are willing to start at the bottom and keep an open mind when offered a job at a different location and department, the salary, hours, benefits, and promotions are great. Unfortunately because I moved to the UK I had to leave the business, I think I would still be working for Whole foods if I was still living in America.
Pros
Hours, promotion
Cons
n/a
diverse with jobs
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London28 March 2019
Sometimes I clean, work at the tills, guide customers through the day. the management was good i would have still stayed there if it wasn't for the moving of houses, overall it's a good and suitable job for everyone
Pros
serving at tills
Cons
wage
good salary
prepared foods (Former Employee) –  London19 March 2019
good salary , good beneficios, good manager , sometimes is very busy , team member friendly, big company, employee has discount in products, flexible managers.
Pros
good salary
Cons
dont have lunch
Engaging place to work
Allegro Coffee Team Member (Former Employee) –  London6 March 2019
Like the principles and culture of the company. The department that I work in doesn't give me the chance to learn more or grow, which for me is demotivating.
Fun environment to work in
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Waltham Cross, Essex28 February 2019
It was a fun company to work for. I have friends and family that still work there and enjoy working for the company. I would highly recommend whole foods for anyone wanting to work in retail.
Pros
Great diverse team you work with.
Possibilità di carriera
Buyer (Former Employee) –  londra20 February 2019
Whole Foods market è un ambiente stimolante, ove si premia la meritorcrazia
very good work place
Chef, heolth and beaty advisor (Former Employee) –  Camden, Greater London18 January 2019
i was really happy working this team , good support from management , very friendly team at work, good selery , lots of benefits , good support from college ,
Pros
many benefits
Cons
location
loved it
Human Resource Advisor (Former Employee) –  Giffnock17 January 2019
The role covered most aspects of general HR from Payroll, training, file management, basic ER management and culture focus

The management were great, listened to feedback, excellent training and rewarded you for hard work and dedication.

Everyone in WFM got behind the common goal, you believed it what they wanted to achieve.
Pros
People, values and holidays
Cons
would be great if there were more sites and progression opportunities
My experience at whole foods
Cleaner cafe (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire15 January 2019
It was a very good experience but the it was a bit of challenging role. But I think I needed to use my initiative a bit more than I did to be honest. I had a job coach a long side me because the work experience was organised by a company called Remploy.
I never got to work in the store itself In worked at the café.
I worked a alongside a Brazilian lady who could not speak English very well and could only speak Portuguese but the job coach explained everything in English because he has lived in Brazil previously. So maybe that was the most difficult part of working at wholefoods. On a typical day I would begin the day by clearing tables and wiping each and every table with a cloth and I also learnt different things like mopping the floor, which was difficult sometimes because it is something that I had never done before.

I think the most enjoyable part was working with people from different cultures and backgrounds from around the world.
Customer service/cashier
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London12 January 2019
My typical day at work was:
Responsible for helping and attending to customer needs. Tills operator, scanning items, receiving payments and packing grocery items for clients, assisting clients on check out process. Informing clients about sales, deals and discounts, and eventually assisting grocery Team Members organizing items and receiving deliveries.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Far from my home
favorite place to work
Customer Service Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portland, ME28 December 2018
Kind management and staff. Always felt at home and welcomed.A variety of different jobs to chose from depending on your personality.There is always someone to steer you in the right direction. all in all a wonderful place to work.
Pros
free food
Cons
weather
Wholefoods market is the place to work.
Prepared foods team memeber (Former Employee) –  Portchester19 November 2018
Working at wholefoods offers growth, education, health and well- being amongst opportunities of many platforms. Its family oriented so you leave home to be home
fun environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  london14 November 2018
Everyone was motivated and willing to help each other out. The supervisors would make sure everyone was productive and had something to do to ensure the customers had the best experience. Overall it was a fun environment to be in with everyone getting along and being positive even though at times customers would be challenging.
Pros
discount on food, fun place to work
Cons
customers
Grocery
Grocery (Former Employee) –  Camden4 November 2018
Expect you to fulfill all duties for little pay maki g you run around .Aussie store manager who thinks she knows it all. I would not recommend working here at all awful. Much better jobs out there than working in this store highly priced items also not good value could get better in a leading supermarket like asda/tescowhich is said to be organic an fresh produce.
Nice people, bad management
Wine Buyer (Former Employee) –  Richmond upon Thames, Greater London3 October 2018
Really great teams and people. however the working hours can be tough, you may finish at 11pm and have to work from 6:30am the next day.

Bad management with terrible attitude. they expect a huge amount, but are two faced and backstabbing, very toxic atmosphere.
Pros
great staff
Cons
terrible managers
Toxic environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kensington, Greater London11 September 2018
I absolutely dreaded my shifts. Most supervisors lack people and leadership skills which constantly has a negative impact on the overall team. The people in the management team are biased and make terrible decisions driven by personal preferences. I wouldn't advise anyone to accept an offer for this company as the probability to move up is dependent on how much they like you not based on your performance.
The only good thing about working for Whole Foods is the 25% discount, however, everything is more expensive and you would get a better deal by buying organic from other stores. Moreover, they are not as transparent about the origin of particular bulk products and they are not fully respecting the organic standards.
Everyone is over-worked and not appreciated and when it comes to constructive criticism no supervisor is able to covey it accordingly but what is practised consistently and arduously is gossiping and making some team members feel uncomfortable for not "belonging to the cool crowd".
Pros
Cons
Unpaid lunch break. Inconsistent shifts.
My usual days at WFM
Cook/Chef (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London8 September 2018
My duty at WFM is to prepare wholesome healty dishes for our customers who ar keen on quality and presentation.
Since our kitchen is quite small, mostly i work by myself sometimes with a help of a kp. Therefor my days can get pretty busy especially on weekends.
I need to make sure that the saladbar and hotbar always look nice and filled with delicious food.
Im looking after the pizza section, helping our customers with advices on product and to find whatever items they are looking for.
In our shop we have 4 departments are working together, speciality, bakery, coffe bar and prepare food so teamwork is rather important when it comes to helping eacother out.
Pros
nice customer, great collegues
Cons
low salary, no staff meal provided
Job
Costumer service (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London31 July 2018
Very good company to work with.
Holiday paid 28 days a year.
Management is okay.
Good colleagues.
Food is good.
Was really pleasant working there
Self Service Chef (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham30 July 2018
Was really nice working there but it came to an end as the close the establishment here in Cheltenham because it wouldn't a good love for their business

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whole Foods Market. Our community is ready to answer.

53.2K