Whole Foods Market

Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews in Louisville, KY

Whole foods was the best job I have ever had Though only because of my coworkers. The people I worked with are amaizng. Though the culture has crumbled since Amazon bought them. Communication is often bad between managment. If you have a medical condition or metal health issue. Anything that could lead you to call out more then a few times. Do not bother. They do not care and corporate policy will lead to you being fired. Nothing matters, not even 4 years of almost perfect attendance. Whole foods use to be an amazing place to work. But now. Dont waste your time. It's an illusion.
Pros
Coworkers, vacation time, pay.
Cons
Everything ekse
Pay is decent, but the job is monotonous. Management is not great, very little communication. The store is turning more into an amazon warehouse than a grocery store.
Trash, management has terrible communication, since amazon took over raises are constantly lacking the only redeeming part is if you luck up. And have good co workers
It’s the first job I’ve had in a long time that makes an effort to have a work/life balance. The 4day work week makes it super easy to do other things i enjoy.
I loved it. No complaints ever. Such an optimistic environment. Impact on the planet. Great diversity of employees, impressive. Excelled as a company overall, the complete experience - so ideal.
Excellent work life balance, good benefits and stock purchasing plan! Management goes above and beyond to ensure team members are engaged and will always help you!
Best job I've ever had. My team leaders treated me like an equal, and my coworkers were all like family. My biggest priority in a job is the people I'm going to be around, so that's what really made a difference to me.
kept as only part time so I would not be able to gain benefits. No advancement possible. More a job for teenagers or early twenties while going to school
I was a part time seafood employee, I worked openings. I maintain a safe and clean work atmosphere and was providing customer service once the store was open.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
This company suffers from not living up to its own ideas and promises to employees. Local managers are poor and don’t allow progress or fairness. They should not promise things they do not follow through on.
Pros
Paid leave
Cons
Poor culture
It was a relatively laid back atmosphere, but that was a few years ago. No real knowledge of what the culture has been like since the Amazon acquisition.
I LOVED that job but was unable to keep it because I have a young child and the hours were extremely inconsistent. I had to pay for added daycare in order to keep my schedule open to the possibility of getting a shift. I worked my longest hours on the weekend days and I ended up missing out on my young child's life and time with my husband. The managers said there wasn't anything that could be done and that the inconsistent schedule was a way of life for everyone, including them. It appeared to be very true. I also wanted full time work so I could get insurance but there are very few full time opportunities. It became too expensive to work there because I had to pay for my own insurance and because I had to pay added childcare hours. I loved that job.
Pros
I believed in the product and service to customers was fantastic.
Cons
Extremely little opportunity for full time (hours and benefits)
The environment, to the people, the training, everything about working there was fantastic. I️ actually enjoyed coming to work. Team leaders actually cared about employees, and team members have respect for one another, at least at the store I️ was at. It was always fun. Physically demanding and exhausting on hot days, but we always have fun doing our job. I️ loved it and would recommend working here to anyone.
Pros
Lots of benefits, good pay, great team leaders, training
Cons
Busy at times and laid back at others (unless you're a cashier). Still a fun work environment! Worked around my school schedule and were pretty accommodating with days off.
Run payroll, correct and maintain timecards. Support, educate, train, and facilitate recruitment, new team members, developing team members, and store leadership goals and directives. Learned payroll and benefits processes, people skills, and prioritization.
Great benefits, fun atmosphere, good advancement. Would work here again.