Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews in Giffnock

Found 9 reviews matching the search See all 9,585 reviews
Wholefoods
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Giffnock, East Renfrewshire6 November 2019
Very nice place to work, loved working there. The location was great as well. I enjoyed the variety of the work band my work colleagues were lovely.

The interview was in two stages. The first one was a one to one which went well and I was asked back for a second interview which was a group interview asking us all questions.
loved it
Human Resource Advisor (Former Employee) –  Giffnock17 January 2019
The role covered most aspects of general HR from Payroll, training, file management, basic ER management and culture focus

The management were great, listened to feedback, excellent training and rewarded you for hard work and dedication.

Everyone in WFM got behind the common goal, you believed it what they wanted to achieve.
Pros
People, values and holidays
Cons
would be great if there were more sites and progression opportunities
Lacked the management a store of its magnitude required
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Giffnock20 March 2018
Management was not ready to fulfil that role. Not a lot of opportunities to grow within the company. In the end, we were made redundant weeks before Christmas.
Great to work for with right management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Giffnock, East Renfrewshire27 December 2017
Really good company overall but became very downhill due to upper staff. After a restructure which saw most experienced staff lose their job a very obvious pattern of friends become team leaders which led to favoritism. Some staff got away with murder whilst others had to work harder. The rotas, made by team leaders, were a joke with often mistakes, The job kept you busy but you lost your social life (working 12:30 to 9 then 8 to 4:30 the next day in many cases).

that was my store which then closed down before Christmas. Pay was excellent and so were the healthcare and other benefits schemes (before they disappeared too)
Pros
Pay, staff and benefits
Cons
Pattern less rotas and little life outside work.
Fun and relaxed place to work
Head confectioner (Current Employee) –  Giffnock20 November 2017
Enjoyed my time working in this store. Staff are nice and friendly and it was a nice working environment. Offer of money off health care and PTO was a great insentive.
Pros
25% off everything
Cons
A lot of weekends
Fun working environment
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Giffnock, East Renfrewshire1 March 2017
You come to work everyday feeling like you aren't really working. I had limited knowledge of organic and healthy foods prior to getting the job but it was exciting to learn about the company as they are more than just a supermarket
OK if you agree with management all the time but management are a joke
Team member (Former Employee) –  Giffnock29 April 2015
Long hours standing all day, management disorganised, culture of fear regarding job security, company values ignored by managers, rotas constantly changing at short notice. OK if you are a student wanting some holiday work but as a full time employee expect to be bored unappreciated and exhausted, I've never worked anywhere that the full time staff are so unhappy. On the plus side if you can bring yourself to stick it out they do pay better than most shops once your first year is over - avoid customer service team as all you will do is work on a till for eight hours a day for forty hours a week!!!!
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long hours bad management who seem to be playing at shops very unprofessional
awful, expect no social life
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Giffnock, UK20 May 2013
One of the worst work experiences I have ever had, management are unfair, unjust, negative, and not qualified as leaders.Playing at being retailers