Whole Foods Market Employee Reviews in Cheltenham

Found 12 reviews matching the search See all 9,620 reviews
My experience at whole foods
Cleaner cafe (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire15 January 2019
It was a very good experience but the it was a bit of challenging role. But I think I needed to use my initiative a bit more than I did to be honest. I had a job coach a long side me because the work experience was organised by a company called Remploy.
I never got to work in the store itself In worked at the café.
I worked a alongside a Brazilian lady who could not speak English very well and could only speak Portuguese but the job coach explained everything in English because he has lived in Brazil previously. So maybe that was the most difficult part of working at wholefoods. On a typical day I would begin the day by clearing tables and wiping each and every table with a cloth and I also learnt different things like mopping the floor, which was difficult sometimes because it is something that I had never done before.

I think the most enjoyable part was working with people from different cultures and backgrounds from around the world.
Was really pleasant working there
Self Service Chef (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham30 July 2018
Was really nice working there but it came to an end as the close the establishment here in Cheltenham because it wouldn't a good love for their business
fun to work this company
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham16 April 2018
new experience gd company shame to close store in Cheltenham mine best job in mine live
best company im work for
friendly people work with me good lucky to work in this place
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
fun to work .
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham10 April 2018
AT wf we work as family.what ever work we do we work as team .we always help each other out that way we can do more work with big smile.what i learned from wf work as team.To be honest if wf is still open in cheltenham i would be working for wf .
Pros
very very good place to work .
Cons
wf discount you get it from 25% to 35%
Not great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham22 February 2018
Not a good company to work for and i wouldn't recommend. The food was tasty but expensive. Staff friendly but management not. Met some lovely people though
Pros
Food was good
fun workplace
Grocery Team Leader/Inventory (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham30 December 2017
Joined the company in September 2015 as a grocery TM. Quickly showed my ability to maintain positive company image by providing courteous, friendly and efficient customer service as well maintaining regional standards.
Sold out by Amazon
Wage slave (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham10 December 2017
When Amazon bought the company we had predictable concerns about job losses, but were assured that there were NO PLANS for ANY changes. We were told if anything the merger meant greater job security, but less than three months later two stores had shut their doors, leaving dozens of people unemployed just before Christmas. It wasn't necessarily the best place to work anyway- lack of communication was rife and the wages were pitiful- but it was still a job and most of us got along just fine. We all felt horrendously let down by the top brass and even some of those from London who came to "help" with the closure made a lot of us feel like we were lesser beings. It just proved that this whole thing about "business as usual" under new overlords is a bunch of tripe. They may care about the environment and their third world suppliers but Wholefoods don't give a toss about their own employees.
Pros
Good staff discount
Cons
Poor management
Great working experience
Specialty Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, UK21 February 2017
After working in Wholefoods Cheltenham, I came to realise that the company supports the employee and their needs, teaching us whatever we need to be better in our department and supporting our personal needs.
Pros
Good work environment
Great Workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham9 August 2016
I liked working at Wholefoods.
A typical day involved serving coffee, greating customers, processing orders and providing excellent customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my fellow team members and the discount I got on all the amazing food.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with customer complaints.
I learned how to work in a team and work under pressure.
Pros
Discounts, great staff team
Work experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham20 July 2016
This work experience was really fun because I got to Learn how to work properly in day to day shop and every body that work there was nice because they where telling me how to do stuff that I have never done before plus they would tell me if I had something wrong and they would show me how to do it right, also I worked on all the department and ever one that worked there was kind to me.
Poor excuse for a business
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham7 June 2013
Teams are lined with bullies, breaks are rediculously short and you tell them you specifically can't work a certain night due to volunteering at a youth club and they put you down as working that night every week! Pay is average but hours are stupid with the store dead most of the time and they just don't really care much..
Pros
Sometimes we got leftover food for free at end of nights
Cons
Long hours, bullies, not organised or compassionate about social life