Whittington Health NHS Trust Employee Reviews

not very nice
Podiaty Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bounds Green Health Centre5 May 2019
Not a very nice place to work Many people left soon after arriving so were never fully staffed. Staff who had been there for some time could not wait to leave
Whittington is a great place to work
Inventory Controller (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 October 2018
The NHS Whittington is a great place to work within, the bank system is great as it allows new staffs to gain work experience which is of use in future works.
Poor management
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Archway Station27 April 2018
Horrible place to work. They have managers positions but they don't know what they doing.
They are too slow at work and they don't really care about the budget.
Not a good employer
Audiologist (Former Employee) –  Whittington29 August 2017
Staff are poorly trained and do not adhere to best practice. Mediocre management that prioritise cost savings over patient outcomes. Unhelpful and unethical HR department .

I left this trust due to poor work culture. Probably a good way to start with the NHS but move on to a better trust asap.
Pros
London loading
Cons
Patient outcomes, management culture
Fun times
Community Respiratory Assistant Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Hornsey9 May 2017
Really enjoyed my time here, had to move following moving home however would give up my house and go back given the right salary! No, really, I would....
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
too far from current home
Mental Health Centre
Senior Medicines Management Technician (Former Employee) –  Highgate, Greater London13 April 2017
The pharmacists, Technicians and mental health staff that worked at Highgate Mental Health Centre are amongst the most dedicated and passionate about patient care I have ever met.
Pros
wonderful staff
Cons
parking is a bit thin on the ground
Highly recommended as an employer
Patient Experience & Project Manager (Former Employee) –  North London, Greater London28 March 2017
As an Interim I was fully supported and surrounded by highly competent and caring colleagues. I worked directly with the Chief Executive, Medical Director, Deputy Chief Executive and Chairman and in a short period of time grew to admire their work ethic greatly.

My initial role involved managing a special and fairly unusual project which was challenging for myself and the Trust. As I am sure you will appreciate, confidentiality is of utmost import at all times. The Trusts confidence in my skills and abilities led to my role being merged with that of Patient Experience Manager, whilst they were recruiting for the post. I was very fortunate to work with a great team and the 150+ volunteers.
Friendly co-workers but atrocious people management
Clinical Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Whittington Hospital, London14 December 2016
Worked at this hospital in a clinical role. The patients are the best and co-workers warm & friendly. Managers routinely breach the Equality Act and other legislation designed to protect staff from being taken advantage of. Far too small a hospital for any meaningful career progression. Promotion is more often by favouritism than by merit.
Very dynamic employer
Head of Safeguarding (Current Employee) –  London4 December 2015
Dynamic, innovative health trust with supportive management.
Excellent opportunities for career development
Integrated care organisation covering diverse population
Pros
innovative
Cons
heavy workload
4 good years!
Senior Medicines Management Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  North London, ENG24 November 2015
Whittington Health was an excellent place to work, hectic at the best of times but interesting all the same!

Being a larger teaching hosptial I managed to learn alot of new skills from this place.
Poor management, too much drama, bullying
switchboard (Former Employee) –  London24 November 2015
Everyone I have met who works here says it's the worst place they have ever worked including myself. Stay away and do yourself a favour
Pros
Nhs increments, London allowance
Cons
Long shifts, poor management, 30min unpaid break
productive
IT SUPPORT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  London, ENG26 September 2015
Going through a hard season, but have the capacity to cope. They have implemented some cost improvement initiatives some of which are meerly window dressing
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of process
Poor managment and too much office politics
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Islington, ENG24 September 2014
Not a nice place to work. I didnt like it not a very well managed institution