White Stuff

White Stuff Employee Reviews

United Kingdom128 reviews
typical day is 9-530 (4 on a friday)
strict office centric environment until covid19

relaxed workplace culture in general

unsure of strategic direction of the business
I used to work for White Stuff, and I don't recommend anyone thinking of joining the company.
My boss was rude, insensitive and clearly had a bias towards some of the staff.

He would either be in one of three places, the front of the store on his phone, in the office hiding away or on the toilet. No joke he would spend a minimum of twenty minutes on the toilet. Even our area manager was aware of the problems with him, but did nothing about it. He would talk to some of the staff so abruptly for what seemed like no reason at all, it created a real problem between the staff.

The company doesn't nurture its staff, and only cares about the money. The store didn't even train the staff properly, some of them wouldn't even know how to use the tills or the walkie talkies.

I worked at the company for nearly two years, and the only reason I stayed was because I loved the team there. But slowly people started to leave because they were taken for granted, needed to progress and there was no chance of getting it at W.S or they were just plain bullied.

They overlook hardworking staff who put countless hours in, who went above and beyond their job.

Thankfully I'm in a different job now which I love, I feel respected and my boss is training me to take the next steps to move forward in the company.
Pros
The team
Cons
The management
I worked here for a short time at christmas as a temp and loved working here- collegues were lovely people and the job was paid very well with 50% discount on most products :)
Pros
Pay, work environment and discounts
Cons
I've 100% made friends that I will never forget working at White Stuff, it is a vastly different company than any other I have worked at due to the amount of support you receive.
Typical day was a lot of one on one with customers and visual merchandising. I was already a deputy when I arrived so I had to change my mind set for a slower paced shop. My manager was always kind and understanding. The workplace culture was social retail so we expect customers to spend a long time in the store. The hardest part was the footfall and the best part was the other staff members.
No day the same. Whilst working was able to contribute to the projects . Felt valued by my manager .
Left to work on my own and get on with each project . Was able to manage my own time and work with a great retail and creative design teams . Each project very bespoke which made the role very interesting .
Friendly, caring, teamwork, physical. Good colleague discount rate. Nice atmosphere, going above and beyond for customers. Good training and support from management.
VM and merchandising
people management

exceptional customer service

HR and disciplinary procedures

multi takings

prioritising large work loads

rotas and payroll management

achieving KPI
We had a good manager and we all started at the same time when the store opened in town, this meant we built a good team spirit. The company tries hard to do look after its employees but times are hard for retail (even before Corona Virus) and more and more was expected of the staff. Overall, I really enjoyed worked here.
I have worked at Whitestuff longer than any other company, its a great environment and it's the people that make it different. it is like any other business that it is a fast paced operation.. working on different seasons at any one time.
Friendly atmosphere and good work support, good development. Always working to keep a dynamic in store visual experience within our store. There was store like Leicester and will be sadly missed.
I enjoyed the job in the beginning and I was learning so many new skills! But as the team changed, so did the atmosphere and work ethic and in the end, I didn't enjoy the job.
Great place to work as management is always helpful and productive. Can be very busy however for me this was great you always have something to be doing which makes days go quicker.
I started off as a Sales Assistant then I progressed into Customer Host 3 (Supervisor) role within 6 month period. I loved working for WhiteStuff as it was fun and challenging at same. The team were fantastic fun and vibrant to work with. The manager was brilliant and fun to work with. I couldn't of asked for a manager like herself. Your always busy and there's no time to stand around doing nothing. There's always tasks to do. I hate not being busy so that was a plus. The paye is ok but not brilliant. The training was fantastic there was no time frame of how long the training would take. Unfortunately I relocated hence reason why I left. I would definitely recommend working for that company especially if you want to progress within retail industry. Thumbs up to WhiteStuff.
Pros
free uniform and good over time extra paye
Cons
around christmas sales staff would get stressed so i had to bring that attitude out of the store
Girls I worked with were great. We were like one happy family. Lovely customers so I enjoyed helping them with their outfit choices. There was always something to do so I was very rarely bored.
Amazing staff and management. They work hard and play hard.
I worked here, It was ok for a time. Change of manager. Things went downhill, I left. No support from head office. Company seemed only interested in profit and loss. Managers are expected to be in two places at once office and shop floor.
I signed a Christmas temporary contract here and loved every second of it. The collaborative projects they did with charities, the events they held, and perks of the job were spectacular. Friendly staff and clientele made working there a joy, and I was devastated that at the end of April they were unable to offer me the hours I needed to pay the bills.
I enjoyed working there the team was lovely and we all got along which makes it so nice to be around when your working a lot.

I learnt a lot of about working in a team and interacting with customers.
I couldn't ask for a better team to work with. Working here really helps build your confidence and the team feel like family. The management are absolutely wonderful and listen to everything their employees say. The job itself is lovely with a warm and fun atmosphere in every store. You get great benefits too.
Great work place where you are always looked after by management. Not always busy but always have things to do. Made great friends which made the job enjoyable.