White Stuff Employee Reviews

Poor envirnoment
Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom20 June 2019
Breakdowns of communication from staff. Pleasant store, but with unprofessional behavior all around. Nice customer base. Decent staff quarters. Nice products.
Sometimes a fun work environment?
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire20 June 2019
Average pay
No progression, long draining days. Management aren't interested in you.

Perks are the relationship between staff. And that's it not a lot else.
Pros
Some of the staff
Cons
Some of the staff
Enjoyed turning up to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, Wiltshire6 June 2019
Worked her for just over a year. I had a great time with a great team. Even though it isn't what I wanted to stay doing, I do miss it. I was lucky enough to have a manager who would allow me to swap shifts to go and get experience in the field of work I wanted to end up in, so this probably made my experience there much better.
Pros
Amazing team
Cons
For me, no cons about where I worked.
Fun and friendly environment
Shop Floor Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham5 June 2019
Learned to use initiative and be more confident conversing with the public. Friendly work environment with a big focus on teamwork and making customers feel welcome e.g. like they can easily ask for assistance.
Good workplace within retail industry
Deputy Manager (Current Employee) –  Ilkley4 May 2019
White Stuff is a wonderful retailer for the public. As a workplace it is good. Salary is competitive for the industry and there are nice bonuses such as free monthly uniform and a monthly commission scheme.

It has taught me a lot throughout my years working for them, even if the training is not always the best for existing employees who are promoted. As a new member of staff training is thorough and beneficial.

Workplace culture is usually good but there is an expectation of having to drop everything if you are needed within the store.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with cut backs when they are implemented.

Most enjoyable part of the job is working within a good team that extends beyond the reaches of the individual store. Other store managers are helpful and friendly.
Pros
Free uniform, monthly commission scheme
Cons
No overtime payment within management
Great Company
Customer Host (Current Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshire29 March 2019
Very relaxed atmosphere despite the fast paced nature of the job, wonderful staff to work a long side. Easy location to get and great staff bonuses.
Pros
great location, staff discounts
Cons
not full time
Great First Job
Customer Host (Current Employee) –  Weybridge31 January 2019
Team and values are amazing at white stuff - (weybridge team especially).
Have always had a pay rise each year I've worked there however they lack in hours for me to independently make a living.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Working weekends
Good
CUSTOMER HOST (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, Wiltshire5 January 2019
nice people, good working envirmoent and fun to work in. easy to get to as it is in the middle of town. and close to other shops. benefits are good and pay also
So-so
Customer Host (Former Employee) –  Stamford19 November 2018
I worked at White Stuff for just over two years. I struggled at first due to confidence, and felt pressured to fit a mould rather than being taught how to better my workplace ethic.

I did enjoy the job sometimes! But as usual, some management seem to look down on those under 25. I felt like a lot of ageism was about. My manager inparticular put a lot of pressure on myself and two other younger colleagues, and often snapped when things weren't done in the time frame she expected, which was often too little. Sale preparations and sale times are tedious and you're expected to stay late to set up the shop, a lot of the time at a day or twos notice (noted that this is out of shop managers control, rather higher up).

However, a lot of customers are lovely and do also the job worth it. The clothing is beautiful and you get great staff discounts and benefits. The company is very charitable. If you fit the right mould then you'll easily progress into a management career.
Pros
Staff discount, holiday allowance
Cons
Last minute late shifts, ageism, some boring and slow days
fun workplace
Customer Host (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire26 September 2018
you will be placed in all areas of the shop throughout the day such as tills, dressing room or customer servicing.
If there is good management there will be no stress and easy working and they let you get on.
It's really rewarding helping a customer all through their journey in the shop.
Average Job
Customer Service Host (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire14 September 2018
Nice pay and friendly staff but a slow paced environment with no opportunity for progression. Typical day as a customer service host involves organising clothes, assisting customers with purchases and operating the tills.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Holiday days
Customer Host (Former Employee) –  St Albans14 September 2018
A fun and friendly atmosphere where all voices are taken into consideration. The extra benefits are excellent and the company truly cares for its employees.
Fun Workplace
Customer Host (Former Employee) –  Reigate25 July 2018
On a typical day, my main responsibilities were to interact with the customers in the shop and assist them to make their shopping experience a pleasurable one.

As well as helping the customers on the shop floor, I also worked behind the till to process the sales.
Team driven
Customer Host (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff17 July 2018
In regards to the Cardiff store, likely to be the same throughout the other stores, working here was a delight. The team were like one big family, it is easy to swap shifts and find cover, the management were happy to sort this stuff out. The discount is great, as well as a monthly uniform allowance to encourage to staff to advertise the brand. The shifts can vary from 4 hours to 8 with subtle breaks, you will always take your full 1 hour / half an hour. We do lots of charity fundraisers and activities which is fun and I love raising money. Christmas and other periods we get into the festive spirit with fancy dress and making the store look great!
Pros
monthly uniform allowance.
Cons
can feel understaffed in busy periods.
Lovely Customers, Terrible Management
Customer Host (Former Employee) –  UK29 June 2018
White Stuff is a great place to work if you don't want to progress anywhere. The management is so clique-y that you'll never get a chance to progress, unless you're their neighbour or best friend. They promise pay rises and advancements, but it never happens. It's another case of minimal contracts, but huge amounts of extra shifts - so they can shaft you with Holiday and sick pay.

If it's your first job, it's alright - but you'll hate it in 6 months.
Pros
Customers are lovely
Cons
Everything Else
Very Positive
Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire2 March 2018
White Stuff is a fantastic company to work for. Job was standard retail, but there was usually something *else* going on (e.g. bake sales, charity events) to make it more exciting. Lots of opportunities to do tasks beyond your job too, such as visual merchandising, if that's something that you're interested in.
Fun and family feeling community
Products advisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham27 February 2018
Everyone stresses and works hard whilst being under pressure, at White Stuff it was always in a fun and loving atmosphere. The floor staff and general supervisors/managers worked as a close-knit team making an enjoyable working environment.
Fun and unique place to work
Product Advisor (Former Employee) –  East Grinstead, West Sussex1 February 2018
Loved White Stuff it is different to anywhere I have ever worked. They do so much for charity that the staff and customers can get involved in. They are keen in progression of their staff. Lovely people to work with and it was actually fun to be there.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
none!
Fun but annoying hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gloucestershire23 January 2018
Fun place to work but shift patterns rarely vary and management aren't keen to change this regardless of how unfair it is. However the people who work there were lovely.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Unfair shifts
Good working enviroment.
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire2 January 2018
White Stuff was a brilliant place to work. They gave an opportunity to start my Career in Customer Service. They look after their Staff well and I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Free Clothes
Cons
Its hard when short on staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at White Stuff. Our community is ready to answer.