Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants Employee Reviews

House keeper
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester2 March 2019
I like to work with you people, for the company work they we like to know what you can able to work and put you true and they want to know more about your experience of working for the company.
Uncertian
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Kingswinford, Staffordshire16 February 2019
Kitchen teams too small, never knew what time you would finish, not very good for family life and job satisfaction seemed to dwindle and feel unfulfilling.
All over the place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Woking7 February 2019
(Only based of beefeater not the joke whitbread company)
Staff issues can be obviously seen by the guests, management had no idea how to run the place, money loss every day and treated there staff like slaves, have no respect. Have no credit or reconciliation. Only words for this place is awful.
Pros
£40 for you and a friend to eat and review the food.
Cons
Everything about it
Lost Direction in last year
General Manager (Current Employee) –  North England17 January 2019
Recent changes and cuts have seen the restaurants and hotel arm of Whitbread lose their direction and identity. In a sales declining market where companies must make every cut and efficiency change to maintain survivability. The lack of investment, labour cuts and poor support to operations has seen results drop ever further, especially around guest and team satisfaction. This is inevitably further accelerating sales decline and whitbread now consistently performs worse against the market.
Pros
Good bonus package
Cons
Lost its Mojo
Proof experience
Barista (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow10 January 2019
I worked in Costa coffee st Enoch centre over the festive period and enjoyed my time there even though it is fast paced and intense, it was a good experience and I will benefit highly of it
Was a good place when my kitchen manager was there with us.
Receptionist as well (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, Birmingham, UK3 December 2018
loved it until my kitchen manager moved and the environment changed so much i had to leave due to immense pressure being only chef left.

After my manager left i was on my own on many shifts and it was just too much as the management couldnt even figure out what to do.
Pros
Cons
pay
Fun workplace
Credit controller (Former Employee) –  Luton27 November 2018
Chased debts for the home counties ensuring 100%
Debt collected

Audited home counties stock and takings for discrepancies

Collated paperwork for management review
Pros
Free vouchers
Fun Place to work
Field-Based Interim HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Dunstable, Bedfordshire15 November 2018
Great leadership team, relaxed environment, HR team work well together. Senior managers are very engaging and extremely knowledgeable.

The reward and benefits a amazing
Pros
Benifits
hard work
Operations Manager Graduate Scheme (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 July 2018
as the graduate scheme we were promised progression and discussion of analysis and management. in reality its a use of extra man power where they need it and crazy hours - finishing at 11pm and working again at 7am, at the time the 1 hour commute minimum was not a consideration for wellbeing.
Pros
team
Cons
hours
Great chain
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Costa, UK9 June 2018
Great workplaces for hardworkers and amazing benefits for everyone. Still many things to improve but overall experience is great. Highly recommended!!!
Good Company, for hospitality
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Twickenham, Greater London4 June 2018
Hospitality is never easy when it comes to work life balance and dealing with the public again is not an easy task. Whitbread itself is a decent company with some benefits. Having moved from one of the whitbread owned sectors to another, I was able to keep my long term employment rather than start again. However I've found in both sectors there has been a struggle with hours and what hours the management team are given to work with, leading to over stretching and under staffing.
not fun and long hours
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh10 May 2018
not supportive of staff in any way
long hours and insufficient breaks during your working day and no support whatsoever from your line managers during busy operating hours.
Good place to learn about hospitality
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Cambridge1 May 2018
I had this job as my first one after my Degree and I really enjoyed it. You do enjoy it if you like people and like everyday to be different like I did. However, they usually have lack of stuff which makes you have to work a lot more, than expected, sometimes you will have to go to work in your day off.
review
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Luton25 April 2018
You will love to work with good and highly skilled people. People are nice, work culture is great, not much restriction. Easy to reach people, Lots of opportunities to explore, multiple skills you can developed
good bar job
Bar / Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire18 April 2018
nice people, flexible hours, ok pay, discount on food at the restaurant.
was good experience to develop basic kitchen and bar skills, but very limited chance of progression in house
great company to work for
Kitchen Manager, kitchen team member (Former Employee) –  horsham, arundel19 March 2018
lots of perks working for whitbread. but must be willing to work long hours. i progressed my leadership skills and had great guidance from management. good team spirit most of the time.
Very nice enviroment to be eating
Waitressing (Former Employee) –  Harwich9 January 2018
Really enjoyed doing work experience here the team I worked was really lovely and it felt like I was part of a little family .We all worked really well as a team
Fun work place
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tamworth30 December 2017
Great hotel and prospects, if you want to progress. You work alone and it's shift work it is rewarding and has good incentives.
You work within a very busy fast paced business and need to be able to th ink fast and your guests come first.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Can be long hours and need to be flexible.
fun workplACE
Team Member - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire27 December 2017
ive learnt a lot of different things at my workplace such as handling a float dealing with a large section of customers, the most difficult thing was working with no breaks
Pros
cash tips
Good place to work.
Grill Chef (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon30 November 2017
Has a good balance between work life and personal life so it doesn't feel like you're living there.
Has good staff discounts which is very useful whether you're working or not.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whitbread Hotels & Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.