Whistles Employee Reviews

Good part-time Job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  London8 June 2018
If you're interested in the clothing retail sector then working at whistles is a great way to climb up the retail ladder. Enthusiasm in the workplace gets you to where you want but be prepared for long shifts and sometimes monotonous work. A good environment and an interesting company.
Pros
Working with high end fashion
Good atmosphere
Intern (Former Employee) –  London10 February 2018
Worked here to gain experience in the field of work I wanted to go into, everyone was friendly and willing to take time to help and explain things to me which I wasnt too sure of.
Good product and image
Stylist (Former Employee) –  London9 January 2018
Fun place to work but sometimes unprefeccional managers. Employees not compensated much (minimum wage for pretty much everyone) and no commission for sales teams.
Good management
Concession Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London10 August 2017
Good company to work for. Everyone who works there loves the brand and is very passionate about their job. Whistles gives progression priority to their own staff before recruiting from outside which can be very rewarding.
Cons
Low salaries
good discount
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London2 August 2017
you aren't just dealing with customers you are also dealing with the orders that the customers are ordering from online . making sure the standards are all correct , (hovering , hanger check , tag check , shop floor looks top spec )
making sure the stockroom looks organised as well .
making sure the floats are correct in the tills (supervisor only )
Pros
Good discount of whistles clothing
Cons
low pay
Great team and great product
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire24 March 2017
A good company to work for with lots of perks such as the staff discount. The management is very good and work round the individuals needs. The company places great value on customer service which I feel is a big part of driving sales.
Pros
Paid for half hour breaks, good product and staff discount
Cons
Working weekends and evenings
Absolutely loved my job!!
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Street, Somerset16 March 2017
It was the perfect place for me to work, knowing that I wanted to go into the fashion industry!
I would happily go back to working for this brand as I stopped to go to uni and get my degree!
Amazing company to progress in with incredible product
Concession Manager (Current Employee) –  London13 November 2016
I love working for this company. You are fully supported and managed and if you want to develop, this will happen. Amazing product and vision which gets stronger every season.
Pros
Heavily discounted clothing allowance
Cons
Salary not competitive.
A great opportunity to work on my customer service skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond upon Thames15 June 2016
My strengths have alway been customer service and interacting with people so Whistles, with it's fastidious approach to customer care was the perfect place for me to hone my skills and perfect my manner when it comes to dealing with a wide range of people in a variety of situations. Although I continue to enjoy the customer facing side of my role I just don't feel as though I am being challenged enough or being afforded the opportunity to really use my initiative and work in a way that I can take pride in. I feel that I have much more to offer an employer than my manager is currently allowing me to give.
Cons
3 flights of stairs between shop floor and stock room
Fashion Forward Brand
Established Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENG15 July 2015
I thoroughly enjoy working for Whistles alongside my university studies. I have been given extra responsibilities within my role including; completing garment and fabric specifications for new stock. These specifications have been shared amongst our other team members and used when adding to sales, giving customers further information on items they purchase.

I have had consistently supportive management allowing my retail knowledge to expand greatly. Completing weekly KPI and sales reports has given me further insight into weekly figures and the brands performance.

As an aspiring fashion buyer, looking at stock cover and which departments are under preforming or selling well has also been extremely useful. Looking at mannequin trackers and how these have effected visual sales, has allowed me to think more about merchandising of stock.
Pros
Retail experience with a luxury brand
the rating of the company is very good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London23 June 2015
My duties include

Delivering good customer service at all times
Awareness of the product and company history
Staying true to the brands ethos
Having a positive attitude towards the work I involve myself with
A great company to work for
Management (Current Employee) –  London7 April 2015
I really enjoy my days at Whistles. They allow you to run your business as if it was truly your own. My area manager and directors are all very down to earth individuals. The hardest part of the job is the out dated computer systems which make life very challenging especially with regards to stock management and KPI reporting. The reason I am looking to move is because there is little to no chance of advancement with no new stores opening and all the senior roles occupied by people who are very comfortable in their roles.
Productive, Efficient and Fun Workplace
Sales and Brand Specialist (Current Employee) –  Knightsbridge, ENG7 February 2015
• Responsible for providing a first class service at all times; dealing with customer queries in a professional and timely manner.
• Evaluates the weekly sales variance vs previous year; analyses uniform, VM, top categories and best-sellers.
• Assesses conversion rates and ATV vs previous year.
• Collates reports for the section and presents information to management.
• Liaises with merchandise team to maintain the brand image.
• Organises store recalls to warehouse, inter-branch transfers, stock deliveries; ensuring continuous stock replenishment.
• Consistently achieves team and individual KPIs.
enjoyable and fun
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, SCT9 June 2014
Whistles was a great place to work and had a fantastic small team of people.

I loved the brand and the direction of the company.
Pros
staff and brand
Cons
low wage and limited advancement
very productive and extremely professional working environment. All roles included hands on tasks by everyone.
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Islington, ENG11 January 2014
A typical day day at work for an assistant manager would be to start the day by ensuring the shop floor is immaculate and ready to a high standard for customers. dealing with any priority emails sent from head office which may need to be acted upon immediately. dealing with the delivery and any discrepancies if shown. Management always expected high levels of professionalism so to maintain that naturally was a must. there was no actual part of the job which was found tough as all tasks were overcome and completed on time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was how much there was to learn and experience, everyday i developed and performed a little better as an assistant manager.
Overall, my experience as an assistant manager was enjoyable and rewarding and extremely useful for the future.
Pros
uniform allowance, staff discount
Cons
long hours, extra days.
Fun work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  london, ENG22 November 2013
The people that I worked with where great.
The cloths were easy to work with and I enjoy the styling aspect that you were encourage to get involved in.
Pros
Woking with good quality cloths
Cons
it was only part time and as a part timer you can only do so much.
Brief summery of a Saturday
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ENG30 September 2013
Start at 11 on a Saturday, read the poster in the staff room about the target for the day who made the most money the day before.
Out on the shop floor start on daily duties, cleaning, tag checking, making sure all garments were on the right hangers.
Make sure all delivery was out on shop floor.
Assist customers, asking if they would like another size or placing their garments in the fitting room so their hands are free to keep browsing.
Complete the sale, ideally needs to be over 100
If you on lock up, then assist your manager with cashing up, putting the money away in the safe, make sure all doors are closed and alarm has been put on ready for the night.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Wage not high enough
Friendly and inviting workplace
Press Intern (Former Employee) –  London8 June 2013
My role involved liaising with various fashion editors and celebrities, compiling excel spread sheets and maintaining the upkeep of the show room.

I was in charge of press clipping and would spend each Monday morning sorting through the weeks publications and press, both printed and online. These would be presented within portfolio's and on the board within the staff room to notify my colleagues of any publicity Whistles had received that week.

I also liaised with various celebrities, bloggers, magazine editors with regards to garment samples, and booked these in and out of the press room.

I also helped organise press events and in-store launches.
Great, respectful modern womens fashion brand
store manager (Current Employee) –  windsor17 February 2013
Amazing product and a supportive network of management and training to help you become a great manager.
Pros
expanding business and currently ruling the fashion world
Cons
working weekends, responsibility of being a manager