WGC Ltd Employee Reviews

Fast peace company
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Corley20 August 2019
Growing company , providing opportunities for flexible working hours. Multicultural team give opportunity to meet new people. Every day was different , full of new challenges.
Worst place to work with poor management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Stockwell street Glasgow23 July 2019
I tried my best with this job, on my first day there was no proper training or even induction. The manager 's English was terrible so she could barely answer any questions or understand what I am asking half the time. You only got 20 minutes for a break and for me this was not enough as they make you do several rooms and you need more time to compose yourself whilst your dripping with sweat but for them this isn't enough. The staff were hard to communicate with many people working there had poor communication skills.
On my first day I was put alongside someone to learn but the person didn't train but merely bossed me about and made me feel low and this made me lack confidence and I had a panic attack.
Don't work here they treat you unfairly and if you decide to then you need to stand your ground with them and you also need good stamina for this job as they give way too many hours straight away and I feel training should be more than 3 days and you need 3 days for recovery as after a shift has ended the physical exhaustion is extreme and this job is mentally draining the management needs to fix up and the training let this job down , it needs improving big time!
Ridiculous hours, not enough break time and poor management.
Pros
They take on anyone as they are desperate which is good for people who don't have a lot on their c.v
Cons
very long hours and poor management
Horrible place to work
Room Attendant/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow2 July 2019
The worse place ever to work. Slave labour. Supervisors don't know what they are doing. Awful salary for the back breaking work. No break even though it's still taken off the salary. Avoid avoid as they don't care about their staff. No tips as the supervisor takes them as they are in earlier. There are much better companies than WGC
Pros
Co workers
Treated like dirt
Former room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire9 June 2019
Area manager making up lies to end my contract, took them to head office and won. Got reinstated to another site. Started working at my new site, to get the area manager keep turning up to check my work every two weeks. Said my work was fine then making stuff again in a letter. Go on holiday to get back to having no job. Apparently this was due to the hotel manager funnily enough think the area manager set me up as shes been trying to push me out for weeks. House keepers had no issues with my work on either site
Cons
Not enough time to clean family rooms
Worst job ever.
Journalism Student (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 June 2019
An absolutely ridiculous company that doesn't know how to manage by the looks of things! I worked at this job for one day, I used an inhaler and was told I was smoking! Only after I had left I was told this via text no phone call nothing, not any word of mouth to tell me when I will be paid either! Ridiculous and waste of my time. DO NOT WORK HERE. They literally did not have any care, nor did they ask me they quite literally told me what I had done without asking...Come to think of it one manager saw me get my inhaler and the other one actually gave me a cigarette so how is this even possible! and referring to a room as VIP with a broken light? Ha, not VIP. When I was being trained a woman who was not English did not speak to me for a good 15 minutes so I was stood there aimlessly not knowing what to do. A supervisor checked one of the so-called VIP rooms and referred to herself in a very unprofessional manner stating "Some people are scared of me" I'm sorry, are you trying to instil order in the workplace through attempting to bring fear onto me a student? Ridiculous and I still haven't been paid yet. WASTE OF TIME!
Pros
couple of people spoke with respect
Cons
Hard work, few hours, poor money
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 May 2019
I've been working for them for two months as a housekeeper, so I've resisted. Work a lot, few hours. sometimes you are called to work just for 2 hours because you have a contract with zero hours. They take every opportunity not to pay you, if something it’s broken, if something it’s missing even if it’s not your responsability(maintenance must do this things). You don’t have a place where to take your lunch, they do not even provide you with water, you have to come with your bottle from home .
It’s a part time job for students or people who wants to work few hours per week, with this money you can’t pay your rent or bills.
Cons
Contract zero hours, poor money, working with different type of substance
Not for everyone
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands26 March 2019
I worked for Wgc for s few years , as a head housekeeper. I only stuck it out as long as I did as I had a mortgage to pay and it’s difficult going for interviews when you’re there all day .
I was paid for so many hours for my management role and frequently had to work more without pay ( yes , I was stupid )
The way I was spoken to by an area manager on a few occasions was disgusting but I was too scared to say anything , I hated every minute , but outwardly was very professional and gave my life to the job
I eventually managed to find another job and got out of it , they wanted me to stop , of course they did , what other fool would have done what I did
Good points - actually there is good career progression if you want it
I ve learnt so much that now I work for myself and don’t want to work in that environment again , I wasted those years and that was just the tip of the iceberg . There was a lot more and I should have taken it further
Think carefully !
Pros
Good career progression
Cons
Rude staff
Avoid trouble
Supervisor role (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 March 2019
That was worst experience in my whole life.Management they don’t know how to treat people with respect and only thing they care about is how to make money.Big headed ladies with no knowledge of the business can’t speak English properly but they are managers.Someone should record them one day or report them somewhere to solicitors.Please avoid this company it’s plenty jobs available in London and many more agencies.Nigtmare!
A big no no
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  East Midlands17 March 2019
Absolutely rubbish. Senior management is a big part of the issue. They leave you without any support to your own devices, the only thing they will teach you is how to cheat so they look better in director's eyes and KPI's seemed achieved. If you can go and work somewhere else, please do.
Pros
Free lunch, however that is the courtesy of the hotel not WGC
Cons
Rubbish senior management, staff not trained, unrealistic targets
Not bad job, need more time
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff1 March 2019
I've been working with this company for 9 months now and most of the time you still don't get thanked for your work and we need more time to clean and obviously we need to be treated better. They only check mistakes and most of the time it's something stupid.
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
More time to clean and more appreciation
Horrible
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Crick, Northamptonshire25 February 2019
These people say they want people with people skills, but they have no people skills themselves.
I went for a trial day for this job, it started out ok, but the person who I was working with, started being sarcastic towards me.
If the head house keeper thinks you're not much good, she doesn't tell you to your face, she lets you know by email the same day. Is this woman afraid of people or what?
Pros
Cons
Horrible staff.
Modern slavery
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire14 February 2019
Very bad experience. Always mistakes with hours and counted less than you worked. 17min for cleaning the room which is unrealistic.
GENERALLY BAD EXPERIENCE
worst place to work
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen / Dyce4 February 2019
Been working here since July, they are horrible to us, tell us we are aren't doing our job no matter how hard we work. its an emotionally draining job.you only get 22 minutes to do the room, fill your trolley and do the corridor plus all the extras you get given without extra time. The company is a joke, they have damaged my mental health with the constant picking and making us feel like trash. Not a day goes by where someone hasn't broke down at work due to the way they treat us.There is no good part to working for this company, you're just a payroll number to them.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Training y pagos puntuales
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Exeter2 January 2019
Buena empresa para trabajar, te capacitan por 3 días para empezar a laborar.
Pagos puntuales de acuerdo a lo que te indican en la entrevista personal.
Pros
Pagos puntuales.
Rubish company
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Biggar1 November 2018
DO NOT GO NEAR WGC IN ABINGTON BIGGAR...Head house keeper shows you how to do one room then hits you 14 rooms the next time you are in plus you only get 17 mins to a room,, if you question it she will cry and make things up so you get sacked and you cant do nothing about it,,,worst head house keeper ever
Terrible place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire26 October 2018
What they expect from you is slave labour.. 3 rooms a hour even if the rooms have sofa beds in you still have only 20 mins to clean .. you don’t get paid for filling trolleys basically you only get paid for rooms you clean . If you have to wait for a late check out you don’t get paid so your waiting around for free .. it’s discusting how they treat people .. 20 minutes to clean a family room what’s been left in a right mess is impossible .you always go over the time but will never get paid for it . I would advise anyone to stay clear of this company .. find a better company to work for where you get paid for all your hard work
Pros
Cons
Slave labour
housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  rotherham15 October 2018
avoided this company head house keepers fiddle wages so ya don,t get paid hours ya work you will not receive your tips as head housekeeper goes into rooms before to take all tips ya cant take holidays in 6 week hols as head housekeeper as already booked her they also have favorites which makes you feel like your back at school they treat you like rubbish if head house keeper is skint
Pros
Cons
dont get paid for hours ya work as headhousekeeper fiddles time sheet
No respect
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside13 October 2018
My first job as house keeping, was promised this was a good company to work for when it was one of the worst companies I’ve worked for. Other staff and managers barely speak good English, so id get shouted at for making mistakes because of lack of communication. manager & supervisor also bullies who are unbelievably rude and disrespectful to staff. The job is hard as it is without any appreciation at all for the work you do they just expect far to much. No interest in the staffs wellbeing just get treated like slaves basically. Wage isnt the best for the amount of physical work you do. Some of the staff who i done my training with also left as well which says a lot. After being unwell and notifying my manager of my absence I got dismissed the day I returned to work with no explanation. Not a friendly supportive and caring environment to work in. I’d get up every morning with the most sickly dreaded feeling in my stomach because I had to go into work and face people who don’t even smile at you and ask how you are when you arrive at work.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Rude management
Worse company I have ever worked for in 15 years of housekeeping
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire11 October 2018
Told I would be working 30+ hours a week ( this is jst to get you on board so to speak)..worked their for 4 days only and 4 days too long!!!...went in on one of the 4 days and had 2 hours work ..less 20 mins deducted for break ( which was compulsory )...took Wgc 6 weeks to pay me after finally emailing head office and threatening them with further action...disorganised to say the least ...there are a lot better company's to work for and don't be taken in by the £8.50 @hr wage ...
Pros
Cons
Endless
Bad Company to work for
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom17 September 2018
Absolutly Awful,Treated Like Slaves, No Repect For Fellow Workers Non Payment For Over Time Timed By Area Manager How Long It Takes You To Clean Rooms Threating Staff With The Sack If Rooms Were Not Done Quick Enough Having Staff In Tears Through Being Put Through Preasure.Etc Absolutley Awful Company To Work For.
Pros
Hours Cut Down
Cons
Non Payment For Over Time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WGC Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3