Wetherspoon Employee Reviews

Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Llanelli9 May 2018
Weatherspoons was a Productive, busy, and fast paced place to work. I enjoyed keeping busy and working as a team to get the required outcome. I was able to work alone and work as a team.
Pros
Discounts
Easy to get to but long hours
Kitchen Associate (Current Employee) –  Ayrshire largs4 May 2018
I've work here before i enjoyed my time with people but hated the management so couldn't stay longer and very long hour with only 45 minutes for a brake
Pros
Very good job to make friends
Cons
Worse job ever management is a disgrace and staff think they know it all
It is interesting as it can change between days.
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eastleigh16 April 2018
From what ive worked it is a really good place to work even though it can get boring during the quiet sections especially in the kitchen, but i cant speak for the bar staff as i haven't worked there myself. the management do take what you say into consideration and their response time is quite good.
Pros
you get 50% off food when you are on shift
Cons
Can get boring in the kitchen
Great people to work with
Kitchen Associate (Current Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire5 April 2018
Can get extremely busy but not enough man power to handle it. Management are easy to approach and get things dealt with quickly. Hardest part of the job is when it gets extremely busy when understaffed, however the most enjoyable part of the job is getting through it on time with decent people to work with.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Fun and always someth ing to do.
Bar Associate (Former Employee) –  Bury29 March 2018
A very busy industry but there is always a new challenge that will come along and challenges you to work harder. Very fun and hard working this allowed for the staff to get to know one another better and that the customers could see that the staff was trying very hard to meet their needs, I personally think Weatherspoon's is highly recommended, but it also has a good reputation that they do not want to fault.
Pros
50% Discount on food and drinks
Cons
Not much communication between progress and bad progress.
good experience
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Biggleswade, Bedfordshire29 March 2018
open business, i learnt not to be friendly towards staff. as its discouraged. as a young person just needing a job its a gap filler. hardest part of the job is i am a friendly person.
Pros
money paid job
Cons
not a nice enviroment
Fun workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne, East Sussex27 March 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Wetherspoons, it gave me experience in catering and I got to use my customer service skills during my time there. I got to meet a variety of people from all ethnic backgrounds.
Pros
Gaining experience
Great Place to work
Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Cramlington, Northumberland26 March 2018
I first got this job as a summer job before I left school, it was scary to begin with as I had never been in the pub environment as a worker, only ever as a customer however I quickly began to fit in and make friends with all the other staff. As i got older and i hit my 18th Birthday i was able to work on the bar, which can get a bit hectic on Friday and Saturday nights but the longer I work there the more of the regulars i get to know so its always nice to see some familiar faces and that for me is he most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Staff discount, 50% before or after a shift and 20% at all times
Cons
doing finishes on weekends can be draining, leaving work at 2am and then trying to find a way bck home as i dont yet drive
Good Fun Places to work
Kitchen Associate (Former Employee) –  Gosport23 March 2018
Fun place to work
High Pace environment
Management can vary some really good others adequate
Bad for social life and sleeping patterns
Good fun job overall as long as you have a good team
pro and cons
Barista/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Baker Street19 March 2018
overall work as a bar staff was funny and i had a possibility to met so many people from different culture.
management was desiderable.
I wouldn't work again in that pub maybe i will change company.

Want to know more about Wetherspoon?

Ask a question
Stressful but loved it
Bar Associate (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey18 March 2018
During my time at Wetherspoon I found out that the shifts could be extremely stressful, especially when understaffed. It was easy to take time off as it was a week by week rota however for the exact same reason it was difficult to plan ahead for anything. A lot was expected of the staff and the pay didn't match the requirements. The staff however were extremely friendly and the regulars made all the stress worthwhile (even if all they do is hit on you and buy you drinks).
Pros
Discounted meals and drinks
Cons
Stressful, Unknown rota, Often understaffed, People got promoted due to their relationships with managers
hard working
Team member (Former Employee) –  dundee - glasgow10 March 2018
I enjoyed my time as a member of wetherspoons. However I felt like for the pay we were receiving we were overworked and treated unfairly with most circumstances.
A stable job
Kitchen associate (Current Employee) –  Leeds chapel Allerton4 February 2018
Great place to work meet some fantastic people the kitchen manage Here is fantastic and the monthly bonus scheme can be very beneficial if you put the hard work in
Pros
50% off food on shift
Caring staff
Waitress/Barmaid (Former Employee) –  Hereford30 January 2018
Brilliant work force and a joy to work at such a fine establishment, Amazing staff force and understanding to individuals strengths and weaknesses and putting them to the right areas.
Not the best but it's a job
Bar Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire24 January 2018
Pretty rubbish place to work however I did make amazing friends while working here so it wasn't all bad. I've heard the less busy ones are not that horrible
Great Company
Bar Associate (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire17 January 2018
I have worked for wetherspoons for over a year now. It is a very good company to work for and it comes with a lot of perks, such as discount on food and drinks. When I relocated to move to uni I was transferred to another wetherspoons which means that I had a job straight away. Overall, a good company to work for
fast paced
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London / Gatwick Airport, West Sussex14 January 2018
fast pace atmosphere with some times short staff.
Great place to work really hard and get home exhausted.
Working 9 hours shifts withing a 24h period.
Pros
can't stop working
Cons
lack of point out your good contributions
Bar and Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Acton13 January 2018
Working here comes with many benefits, for example you get discount on food and drinks as well as a bonus every now and then. It is always a great environment as there are many locals that come in.
decent on the surface but ran on too tight a budget.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester8 January 2018
most days involve you being understaffed. after many years working for Wetherspoons every different pub is the same in this regards.
Its a fun place to work but can be very stressful trying to do your job under such tight restraints on time.
If its busy managers need to be front of house. if its quiet you are required to send staff home meaning you have to be front of house. yet the paper work and workload Wetherspoons give you involves plenty of time back of house.
Theres great perks to the job, achievable bonuses and free shares which help.
The work life balance has got a lot better over the years but finishing work sometimes at 3am-6am can be tiring especially with young children at home.
if you desire a career in management then Wetherspoons is a great choice until you decide what you really want to do as a career as there is plenty of progression opportunites but they will work you for it!
Pros
free food, good bonuses, free shares, 20% off food and drink when off shift
Cons
weekend work, stressful, understaffed.
Ok workplace
KItchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 January 2018
It was fast pace job and great people, Just very long hours and work the staff to the bone. But a part from that it was a good experience. Thank them for the chance to work for great company.
Pros
Great people