Wetherspoon Employee Reviews

A stable job
Kitchen associate (Current Employee) –  Leeds chapel Allerton4 February 2018
Great place to work meet some fantastic people the kitchen manage Here is fantastic and the monthly bonus scheme can be very beneficial if you put the hard work in
Pros
50% off food on shift
Cons
Not the best but it's a job
Bar Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire24 January 2018
Pretty rubbish place to work however I did make amazing friends while working here so it wasn't all bad. I've heard the less busy ones are not that horrible
Great Company
Bar Associate (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire17 January 2018
I have worked for wetherspoons for over a year now. It is a very good company to work for and it comes with a lot of perks, such as discount on food and drinks. When I relocated to move to uni I was transferred to another wetherspoons which means that I had a job straight away. Overall, a good company to work for
fast paced
Assistant (Former Employee) –  London / Gatwick Airport, West Sussex14 January 2018
fast pace atmosphere with some times short staff.
Great place to work really hard and get home exhausted.
Working 9 hours shifts withing a 24h period.
Pros
can't stop working
Cons
lack of point out your good contributions
Bar and Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Acton13 January 2018
Working here comes with many benefits, for example you get discount on food and drinks as well as a bonus every now and then. It is always a great environment as there are many locals that come in.
decent on the surface but ran on too tight a budget.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester8 January 2018
most days involve you being understaffed. after many years working for Wetherspoons every different pub is the same in this regards.
Its a fun place to work but can be very stressful trying to do your job under such tight restraints on time.
If its busy managers need to be front of house. if its quiet you are required to send staff home meaning you have to be front of house. yet the paper work and workload Wetherspoons give you involves plenty of time back of house.
Theres great perks to the job, achievable bonuses and free shares which help.
The work life balance has got a lot better over the years but finishing work sometimes at 3am-6am can be tiring especially with young children at home.
if you desire a career in management then Wetherspoons is a great choice until you decide what you really want to do as a career as there is plenty of progression opportunites but they will work you for it!
Pros
free food, good bonuses, free shares, 20% off food and drink when off shift
Cons
weekend work, stressful, understaffed.
Ok workplace
KItchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire6 January 2018
It was fast pace job and great people, Just very long hours and work the staff to the bone. But a part from that it was a good experience. Thank them for the chance to work for great company.
Pros
Great people
Cons
It was a good experience
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntingdon3 January 2018
I enjoyed the experience and the skills there learnt lots of new things why working at wetherspoons and met new people there and made friends there
Pros
50% on shift 25% off shift
Cons
Breaks were short
God awful!!
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth6 December 2017
- You could normally find me washing up,
- I have learned never to work at Wetherspoons,
- The management were fair but over burdened staff,
- Wetherspoons like to have all ordered food out in a minimum of ten minutes,
- The intensity of the job role for someone for such a young age,
- Leaving,
Pros
N/a
Cons
Overworked staff
Ambiente de trabajo dinámico y ameno.
Cocinero (Former Employee) –  East Sussex5 December 2017
En este restaurante aprendí a trabajar en una cocina y muchísimo inglés gracias a los compañeros y a su paciencia.
Pros
Salario
Cons
Cuando había demasiado trabajo y había poco personal.
Amazing place
Bartender/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Cheltenham, Gloucestershire29 November 2017
The people are the best, very flexible hours, good bonus initiatives and a lot of opportunities for progression would deffo recommend why do I have to type 150 characters
fun workplace
Bar Associate (Former Employee) –  London20 November 2017
You can learn everything you need to know great from beginners in catering. It's a good company if you want to progress and don't want age to be a problem, lots of areas to train in and it's a big company to be able to move around with.
Fun
Bar Associate (Former Employee) –  Bexleyheath, Greater London18 November 2017
Was fun to work with people there, customers were always nice when you got to know them, always having a laugh and getting on with people, nice knowing I could help people aswell.
Pros
50% off food while working
Cons
Hours are Kong
Wetherspoon
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Bexleyheath, Greater London10 November 2017
The other staff members are reasonably friendly and easy to get on with. The shift work can be a bit frustrating as it sometimes doesn't fit that easy around your other engagements.
Good
Chef (Former Employee) –  Cwmbran7 November 2017
Was a lovley place to work can be a stressful day but all the staff were amazing at there jobs and there is a good management. It's very busy environment
Late hours
Bar Staff/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Brentwood27 October 2017
The work was enjoyable however in my particular pub the management staff were unpleasant. The hours were very long with few breaks and the pay was not good.
Wetherspoons Bexleyheath
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Bexleyheath26 October 2017
The staff have their moments, sometimes they’re always easy to get on with. Shifts vary so in length and time. Sometimes it’s can be stressful and frustrating
Good for a bar tending job
Bar associate (Former Employee) –  Westhoughton24 October 2017
I’ve worked for the company for over 2 years now.
I have worked in two different pubs.
If you prove yourself as a good team member you get like 50+ hours a week. Which is great for the wages but you can’t have a life outside of work. They make you work until like 2am and put you in the next day for 9am. The Rotas are shocking and constantly changing so you can’t ever plan anything, it gets really frustrating. I hardly ever get breaks on my shifts and it’s a really exhausting job. The management can be very lazy by just sitting in the office all day or chatting to people all day. Some managers are an absolute god send but most are horrific. I would reccomend for students and part time work but I wouldn’t recommend as a full time job.
Pros
Decent wage and bonus and discount on food and drink
Cons
Some weeks you get very few hours, poor management, poor rota, no breaks
Spoons
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yeovil10 October 2017
I really enjoyed working at spoons for the first 6 months or so always learning new things, improving my skills behind the bar, making new friends, the nightlife, seeing new faces everyday and interacting with the customers.

the next 6 months i became fully comfortable in my ability to work there but the new management became sloppy and i'm forced to bend over backwards to pick up their slack for no littler reward than a thanks.

New management mixing up the hours of all members of staff to work in the day time and the night time that give you a very poor sleeping and eating pattern making it very stressful to enjoy the job.

impossible to plan any sort of personal life with a 0 hour contract.
Pros
decent hours
Cons
overworked, authority taking advantage
Very good structure
Pub Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol6 October 2017
Wetherspoons is a very good company to work for they are fully upto date with modern day, they just need to get there pubs to the same level. The only less positive point is they really do not like spending money on fixing or changing items that require it badly.
Pros
50% of food
Cons
Large turnover of staff