Westrock

Westrock Employee Reviews

Learned a staggering amount within the trade including shadow boards, smeg, health and safety, lean manufacturing, fire training and organisational planning.
I've got my mental health damage to do the job for three get paid for one and be completely ignored by the management unless I didn't do the extra work I was asked to do. I've heard raciest comments, no woman has real decision power and your opinion has no value unless you agree with what the big dog says. Just find another job, WestRock is full of ego maniacs with no skills or brain capacity.
Pros
Money but only if you work on the shop floor
Cons
No career progression
Typical duties include staff onboarding and offboarding, hardware build and deployment, incident and service request resolution, project work. Advancement and progression is very limited simply because of the workloads you have. Management are very very unsympathetic towards day to day tasks and have been in their roles for far too long. Management styles are 10 years behind other companies achieving staff satisfaction. Management expectations are one of career commitment when giving very little to support you. Those who slack are the ones who get away with everything by passing work off to others, usually those who are more recent to the team as they are the ones having to prove themselves. Members of the team are very unhelpful, mainly giving constant comments on how busy they are whilst at the same time keeping knowledge to themselves. General office staff are friendly, however can start expecting mammoth tasks to be completed yesterday as you have no backing from your own managers to explain priorities of tasks. I wouldn't recommend working here within the IT department, not when other companies are able to offer real benefits, enjoyable atmospheres at work, better management and recognise and appreciate hard work when correcting those who get away with doing nothing and working with atrocious attitudes. Don't just join a company, choose the right person to work for.
Cons
long hours, workloads, poor worklife balance