Westminster Kingsway College Employee Reviews

Excellent place to acquire work experience
Progression Facilitator/Counsellor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London27 September 2017
In a typical day at work I will support students who need help in the classroom and also scheduled counselling appointments for students who search for this service. I will normally see them during breaks and after class. I am grateful for being part of the Counselling service since its inception in 2009 which has been giving me the opportunity to practice my therapeutic model and skills.
After so many years in this college I feel ready to offer my services to other organisations either part or full time.
The hardest part of my job is the insecurity and lack of reassurance that the Counselling service will become permanent.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to see students in one-to-one sessions and follow their emotional progress, be part of their own journey and enable them to see their problems from a different view.
very bad management, non professional staff
Jobseeker (Former Employee) –  Westminster Station1 September 2017
I applied for a job as a lecturer, they invite me to the interview. They do not pay for the travel cost and they ignore my request for a feedback on the interview many times, I think they are not academic and need to run a grocery shop not a college. Please if you want to get a certificate and work as an assistant pharmacist do not go there
Pros
nothing
Cons
non professional
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 August 2017
Average College, flexible time, There is no typical day at work as much of the time could be spent working from home, all in all a typical college environment
Good atmosphere with supportive management
Part-Time Further Education ESOL Tutor (Former Employee) –  London24 July 2017
Generally a positive place to work with supportive colleagues and managers. I only worked on a temporary contract for 1 year, so don't have much more to add.
Good workplace
Admission office staff (Former Employee) –  London1 July 2017
learnt lots of useful skills that are transferrable to many fields not just admin. Fellow employees were friendly and work environment was organised and manageable.
Funny workplace
Canteen assistant (Current Employee) –  London20 August 2016
This place it was my first job in London. I worked Monday-Friday. I learnd a lot of things, they helped me about the langunge, how i can speak with costumer, for that my costumer service skill is really strong. The hardest part of the job it was when i needed to speak with students and with chefs and achieve to be respected, because the first few months i couldn't speak in English. The teamwork was very good, we could work together. I enjoyed working there, but i would like to learn more things, and I want to develop this work.
Pros
free food all day
study
Student (Former Employee) –  London29 June 2016
Was a very good place to study, i enjoyed this place a lot.
learn team work and how to speak to other people.
punctually was a key thing that i learnt.
A great adventure
Student support advisor and LAC coordinator (Former Employee) –  London2 June 2016
Working at WKC helped me to identify skills and attributions I add to the workplace, like keeping a professional manner, but also encourage a friendly and happy working environment. People tend to enjoy a workplace with a personal touch.

The hierarchy at WKC expressed a great understanding to its need. This meant knowledge was passed through all employees with two-way communication, and was listened to and acknowledged.

Co-workers made the days fun and enjoyable. Occasionally the best way to get through the day was to receive support from each other, and the hardest ordeal would be supporting the students with their issues/sufferings.

The most enjoyable parts of the job would be supporting the students. To help them achieve their goals would be the utmost satisfaction, but to also work alongside amazing people, with such different personalities, made interactions enjoyable and memorable.
Pros
Training and Development
Cons
Lack of Supervision
Lovely work place
Temporary Canteen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, London13 May 2016
I really enjoyed to work there and I am missing it. I just feel pity to leave because my position was evening and I have problem in sleep very late. If I can work morning and afternoon, surely I will not leave it.

Lovely colleagues, people very friendly. The best work place atmosphere.

The Principal and directory, office staff are lovely and friendly people.
Fun place to work at, time flew past
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Vincent Square, Victoria30 April 2016
I cant give a proper review as I only worked there for work experience but it is a nice place to work at, and my co-workers were funny remained professional, it was a enjoyable experience and I would not mind being part of the business.
productive
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, ENG24 November 2015
This was based on voluntary work, i enjoyed it as it gave me the experience of meeting new people and i gained a few skill on the way.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
Fun
Theatre Tech (Former Employee) –  London24 November 2015
I loved working here, great balance of understanding between students and staff.

Good repertoire in my department between staff and students.

Con is the suggestions box on the staff intranet, lots of silly little arguments!
Good Working Environment
Estates Administrator (Former Employee) –  Battersea, ENG9 November 2015
The Estates and Facilities Department was a busy department but I enjoyed working there and got on very well with my managers and colleagues.
I enjoyed working on the CAFM software.
Pros
flexible working hours
good place to study
Principle Assistant (Former Employee) –  london30 September 2015
1 year course where teachers helped achieve a merit in business and administration. learned new skills whilst studying here and learned how to use different programs such as excel
Opportunity to Develop Specialisms
Lecturer in Singing and Music Appreciation (Current Employee) –  London25 September 2014
Great opportunities to share your specialist skills with keen students.

Annual contracts, and short working hours limit salary prospects and security of work.
Good learning environment
Student (Former Employee) –  london5 February 2014
Taught me all i now about catering, my knife skills and different recipes.
Fantastic college
Student (Former Employee) –  Victoria17 December 2013
I was a student here and with the support passed with full distinction grades all my modules.
Childcare co-ordinator extremely skilled.
Childcare Practitioner (Current Employee) –  London18 December 2012
Management: Excellent childcare co-ordinator. Extremely skilled in Early Years.
Co-workers: supportive team-players.
Every day of work is different. Part of the joy of working with children. I have a deep respect for other cultures and it is a fantastic opportunity to work with children and parents who come from a wide and varied ethnic background. The hardest part of the work has been limited outdoor space.
Pros
working with children, parents and staff from such a varied ethnic background.
Cons
part-time
A rewarding and challenging experience
Student Activities Worker (Former Employee) –  London21 August 2012
Mainly to support students and plan extra activities outside of lesson breaks. I have excellent verbal, written and communication skills, I am also computer literate. I have the ability to relate to a wide range of people and enjoy working as part of a team. Developing projects and events has been an ongoing feature within my experience.
I specialise in developing and facilitating sessions aimed at young people who need to develop in confidence, motivation and life skills.
I am committed to my work and aim for perfection. I am ambitious and enjoy a challenge and working with people.
Pros
setting positive relationships
Cons
always on call to students.
Fun, Exciting, Intresting
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kings Cross16 August 2012
Dealing with queries over phone
Inputting data on the computer
Handling cash
Printing out temporary passes and ID
Emailing staff members when necessary
Issuing visitors passes and directing them to the right department
Keeping up to date records
Checking various forms before filing and sending them
Updating spreadsheets
Pros
in contact with all of the departments