Play YouTube video button

Westminster Homecare Employee Reviews

Featured review
Westminster Homecare selected this as a representative review
exellent company to work for
Branch Manager Designate (Current Employee) –  Slough18 January 2019
Fantastic team, staff very well supported and listened to, very professional and friendly. Company provide good classroom Induction training for new starters. We have plenty different opportunities for further career development and to learn new skills on the job as well as on training courses and online. Also the success of the team or individuals noticed, recognised and celebrated within the company. Very good management team, very knowlegable, approachable, supportive, always happy to help and advice
Pros
team, management, very rewardinf job, competitive salary, job security
Wonderful Company - Thanks Ipswich Branch
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ipswich21 February 2019
Great helpful recruiter who made me feel relaxed and valued. Wonderful training and great helpful staff. The clients are so nice and I feel like I have made a real difference. I would speak to Stuart Howell in the Ipswich office for a chat about joining the team; meeting him at the job centre was a great decision and I thank my work coach for recommending WHC
Pros
Paid training and shadowing
Cons
When it rains you get wet
Good Company to join
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  London21 February 2019
I have worked for WHC for about 2 years and have enjoyed it.

The role can be tough, but that is just care. I really enjoy being able to provide a service to my clients. Going home to home has its benefits, getting around and meeting lots of different clients and knowing I am helping them is the best part.

Westminster have really looked after me and thats what makes them better then other companies I have worked with
Pros
the work and the company
Cons
the travel sometimes
No value for staff , corrupt
Management (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire14 February 2019
Shocking, appalling and unprofessional.
Too many chiefs all desperately fighting for status and recognition because demonstrated strengths do not exist. Even the hierarchy chose to ignore the behaviour of their ‘dear’ friends in senior management and will protect each other. No value for the ‘team’ and ‘workforce’ who drive the business and lose good employees due to to this. Before you take a job with these bullies, research the history of staff retention/numbers of leavers for the job in which you are applying. Terrible.
Pros
Cons
Where do I start?
Friendly and supportive environment
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  London4 February 2019
Friendly and productive workplace with opportunities to study and develop further. Full support in training given and maintains equal opportunities for all people with different background and ethnic minorities.
Leave and never look back
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartford17 January 2019
The reason I am gutted I left this job is over worked and underpaid, found myself doing a lot of double up shifts single handed but if something was to go wrong in your head... office staff just lazy office staff really didn’t care about is working in the community as long as the calls was covered... even if it was meant to be a double up none of them came out of the office to help...
The only thing that you miss are the clients you build a relationship with... most of my clients I still see even if it is against rules and regulations
Pros
Clients and there families
Cons
Long hours, don’t help when needed just brushed off all the time
Avoid working here!
Community Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham16 January 2019
I worked here for only 2 or 3 months. As a graduate, I was looking for a job with good experience in a health and social care role that I also enjoyed. They offered me a job on the same day as my interview and i accepted. Money for induction was terrible considering it was a week of 9-4 learning. The job itself I loved, but the company are a joke, especially management. Unprofessional, bullying, condescending and rude. Even the clients and their families would complain about the manager and how the company was run. Not to mention as a walker I was given calls completely out of the way of my run and was expected to do as I was told even after complaining. You would be made to feel scared to call in sick. Not to mention that if you don’t stay with the company for 6 months minimum they will take your shadowing and induction hours out of your final pay, which for me was HUNDREDS. The ONLY good thing about working for westminster was the clients and the difference you could make to their lives. I loved my job and wish there was a way I could have continued without the disgusting management team.
Pros
Clients, every other weekend off
Cons
14 hour days with little break, calls out of area, management were a joke
hard rewarding work, workplace can be daunting.
Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Ipswich15 January 2019
If you're okay with early starts and long days you'll be fine here. good exercise if you bike! Not worth joining if you want to walk. the management would tend to forget about pre-booked holiday, and can almost pester you into working more. you may need some backbone and the ability to stand your ground and say no sometimes. most clients are nice, but as you're working with the public you can be dealing with some folks who aren't as friendly, not for the sensitive (like myself) and prepare for nudity and unwell people. this line of work does feel immoral (taking money from people who can't help but need care) but is a secure job, just remember to stand your ground.
Pros
nice people/carers, good pay.
Cons
long hours, dealing with all types of people.
Worst company ever
Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Edgware, Greater London30 November 2018
Do not even think about working for this company, you will only be wasting time and money for a poor management team who gives you empty promises and not enough hours or even work in your area even if they posted a job ad within your area, don't get fooled. They give you no respect or treat you with dignity even though they stress about this in the actual training to do this yourself but the management can't do it.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Not providing work
Serious working enviroment. Not a very fun enjoyable place to work.
Community Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Waltham Forest23 November 2018
To work for this company you need to very self-motivated and energetic because you will be going from house to house caring for the eldely. the hardest part of this job was the sanatary side.
I learned how to be patient with others & more understanding towards others.
Bad management,very unprofessional
Healthcare assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 November 2018
The recruitment management and staff in the office are very rude, and unprofessional! They mistreat staff and talk to them like they are animals..they use foul language and ignore you and belittle you..the pay is very low.this establishment needs to be shut down or they need to recruit professional management team..their sevice is very very very poor.I would not recommend this agency to anyone..
Pros
No pros just cons
Cons
Poorly managed, low wage
13 November 2018

Thank you for your review. It is disappointing to read your view on Westminster Homecare. We are very keen to discuss your concerns so that we can investigate further. Please can you contact Adanma Okonta Recruitment & HR Manager on 0208 200 2038 or alternatively email adanma.okonta@whc.uk.com so that we are able to take further action. Thank you

Absolute rubbish
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire29 October 2018
Bullying. Over the top work load. Management rude and no duty of care. Verbally abusive. NOT A NICE PLACE AT ALL. If you want to be bullied and spoke to like your something on the bottom of someone's shoe then work here. Horrible place. 2 faced. Bunch of 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
Pros
Service user's and carers
Cons
Manager
13 November 2018

Thank you for your review. It is disappointing to read your view on Westminster Homecare and to see your experience has not been positive. We are very keen to discuss your concerns so that we can investigate further. Please can you contact Adanma Okonta Recruitment & HR Manager on 0208 200 2038 or alternatively email adanma.okonta@whc.uk.com so that we are able to take further action. Thank you

Not a good place to work
Carer (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire19 October 2018
Worked for this company for Short time not what i thought i would be like long hours clients are lovely though not enough time as a walker to get from one place to other
Pros
Nice clients carers
Poor Company!
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, Essex8 October 2018
Generally the job is rewarding but the pay is very low for the long hours you do and the distance between service users houses are between 10-15 minutes in the car (Completely avoid if you do not drive!) you will be spending £100’s on petrol alone a month! Office seem promising at first but provided only 12 hours ‘shadowing’ when entitled to more. The office do not seem bothered at all with a high turnover and I severely suggest an investigation.
Owners of company are all about the money and do not invest in their staff/carers. Would personally avoid!!
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Poor Office, Long hours

Not fair
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Leicester8 October 2018
Had so many minutes to get to a elderly house which was impossible, was always busy never a dull moment loved the elderly people I looked after. The job gave me the confindence I needed
Productive & fun work place
Operations Management (Former Employee) –  Regional20 September 2018
I had previously worked for Westminster Homecare for over 5 years and loved every minute of it working with all work colleagues . It was hard work but fulfilling and the support was amazing always at hand when needed.
very bad place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chingford, Greater London19 September 2018
very poor place to work . would not recommend any one to work here at all. poor pay . poor management. some of the staff are fake and cause bitterness. get accused for things have not done even though alot of services users have dementia. they give the wrong staff carer of the month. you get call nasty things by vanessa nalty down the phone . massive attitude in enfield office .
Pros
helping people
Cons
the hole business

Avoid chiswick branch
Service user (Former Employee) –  Chiswick, Greater London5 September 2018
Unprofessional manager doesn't have service users interests at heart manager has no people skills empathy professionalism avoid like the plague
Manager is extremely aggressive and unprofessional on the phone some staff fail to fill out logs correctly or put correct things in log
When you challenge management with a complaint they fail to look into so you have to take further

It was okay
Carer (Former Employee) –  Luton9 August 2018
It was a good job to work in, i learnt a lot of new skills and gained a few tips, it was a very hands on job which is what i like and takes a lot of responsibility
Morally bankrupt organisation which should not be in the business of care
Ex-employee (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 August 2018
It is amazing that this company without a moral compass is allowed to exist. Its senior management is utterly immoral, with no sense of decency, fairness or care. They sit smugly in their offices covering each other's backs, believing themselves to be untouchable and impenetrable.

Whilst they proclaim their desire to listen to staff who wish to complain, the truth is far removed. They are devoid of morality and common decency, believing they can ignore valid complaints and expect that by doing so, the complainants will just go away. They are experts in manipulating the truth whilst safeguarding their favoured staff and their excessive salaries.

If the local authorities with whom they work knew how they treat some of their staff, I wonder if they would so readily be given packages of care?

This is an organisation that believes it is invincible because, in this day and age, employment law seems to so heavily favour employers. They feel smug in the knowledge that it is difficult for their poorly paid employees to take them to employment tribunals.

If you care about human beings and believe in fair and equal treatment in a workplace environment, then please steer clear of this organisation. Seek employment with an employer which values and cares about all its staff, not just a select few. One where its senior management set excellent leadership examples and are not corrupted by power.

My hope is they will not respond to this by their usual cut and paste defence. This may fool some but those of us who have experienced their despicable practices know much better.
Pros
Hard working care staff, service users
14 August 2018

Thank you for your comment. We are very dissapointed that you feel this way. As with any expression of unhappiness it is important that we are able to investigate further. We are unable to address these concerns without further information. Please could you contact Adanma Okonta on 0208 200 2038 or adanma.okonta@whc.uk.com for an opportunity to discuss further.

Awful .. would not recommend to service users or employees
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 August 2018
If you want to work in care, stay away from this company. Terrible management with no morals. They cover up mistakes, blame carers for office mistakes, overload you with work then blame you when things go wrong. If you complain, they take work from you.

Don't believe their cut and paste response to bad reviews they do not care about service users or staff who complain. Too busy covering their backs. Management are writing reviews on Indeed to try to get rid of the true reviews.

If I could give them no stars I would. There are better companies out there.
Pros
The thanks I got from service users
Cons
Poor and useless management
13 November 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westminster Homecare. Our community is ready to answer.