WESTMINSTER DRUG PROJECT Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Substance misuse knowlege empire
Senior Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire27 July 2017
A fantastic organisation to work for and always looking for volunteers and mentors. If you are in recovery yourself I would definitely recommend this place to set your foot in the door
Pros
Free Lunches and Travel expenses for Volunteers
Cons
Head office learning can be difficult to get to if you live outside of London
Essential learning
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London1 January 2017
I was fortunate for this opportunity and have had many trading days on supporting families with drug and alcohol abuse
I attended multi agency meetings
And co facilitated parent and cater groups providing care and support
I had opportunity to do assessment and also have a client to support for 6weeks which was very successful
Pros
Volunteer
Relentless and unsupportive conveyer belt
Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Hackney10 September 2016
Unrelenting workload, stressful, busy and unsupportive work environment.
Unrealistic expectations. Disorganised infrastructure.
Pros
Good and highly skilled team members.
Cons
Lack of support and unrealistic workloads.
A place to learn about yourself as a person
Volunteer Practitioner (Former Employee) –  London29 December 2014
A typical day working as a volunteer with the Westminster Drug Project comprised of helping to facilitate groups run for recovering substance abusers and alcoholics. And when not involved in those activities, I would be helping to jointly run the I.T teaching aspect of the ETE department which meant, I would teach basic I.T skills to recovering substance / alcohol abusers.

The aspect of my greatest learning was about me as a person and the impact I have on the world around me. Second greatest learning curve was regarding boundaries.

The management was very focused and dedicated.

Co workers were diligent, hard working and focused.

The hardest part of the job, there wasn't one.

There wasn't anyone most enjoyable part of the job as I enjoyed all of it equally.
Pros
Opportunity to learn new skills. Lunch and fares paid for.
Cons
buses often running late
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holborn22 April 2014
A typical day at WDP started off by being greeted by my manager who set me tasks for the day these included; researching topics, helping out the HR team with filing and answering company telephones. I had an hour lunch break and then resumed the tasks which were not finished when I returned. I found researching enjoyable and how to conduct myself in a professional workplace and what persona is expected.
Pros
Proffesional workplace
Loved my job!
Prison Link Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, ENG13 September 2013
Working jointly in the community and HMP Norwich arranging throughcare for Class A offenders and also ex-users.
Busy but interesting workplace
Project / Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  HMP Bedford17 July 2013
This was quite a structured job although quite varied. The job itself was very busy but not difficult. The management were very thorough and stuck to the rules without listening to your side of the story ie did not take exceptional circumstances into account when making major decisions.

There was a good team spirit.

The hardest part of the job was the moving targets and the most enjoyable the sense of helping people
Pros
work hours
Cons
no parking
A great organisation to work for. I have had the best training possible at WDP and my professional development has benefited from my time there.
community reintegration practitioner (Current Employee) –  London, ENG15 July 2013
Each day is started with a 'check in' where we can let our co-workers know what we have on for the day and its also a chance to let your colleagues know how you are feeling of if there are any issues that need addressing.
At WDP my main role is Facilitating Groups such as 'Relapse Prevention, Re-offending, Living skills, Reintegration and Service User Feedback. I also do follow up's on clients that have been discharged from our service to see how they are coping and if there is anything we can help them with.
Pros
Free Training, Good managment
Educational and highly motivating
Reception Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ilford30 January 2013
I am continuosly learnng and developing at Westminster project; being a part of such a proactive and professional team has given me the fundamental tools I need to be a success when I find a career role.

My day to day roles can vary as I am frontline of the organisation and have to be prepared for all types of people and situations that may arise. Having to liaise with service users, in house teams and external agencies I organise my day so there is little space for error or the possibility of deadlines being missed.

I enjoy interacting with the service users and being a part of such a wonderful team; I would not consider there to be a part of my work that is hard as I am supported and valued there and learning everyday.
Pros
expenses (travel and lunch) are paid
Cons
no vacancies for paid employment

Want to know more about WESTMINSTER DRUG PROJECT?

Ask a question