Westgate Healthcare Employee Reviews

happy home to work in with lots of happiness and smiling faces every day
life style lead head of activities (Current Employee) –  riverdale care home braintree11 October 2018
I enjoy my work role as life style lead head of activities to get up every day and come to work to see our residents have a happy day and see them smiling and talking and joining in a activity is so rewarding.
our home is a bran new purpose built home with a lot of thought put in to it with luxury faecality's in side and out so our residents can have an every day 5* experience.
we have a wonderful team who are very kind and caring and passionate in every aspect of there job.
we have excellent management team who have help to give us knowledge and understanding with our training to be as professional as we can be.
we are a family run company and the only sad part of my job is when a resident sadly pass away who I have built up trust and understanding with.
we all are one big happy family staff and residents.
and I have lots of nan and grandads.
Pros
team building great traning lovely place to work
Cons
State of the art with all mod cons.
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Braintree, Essex3 October 2018
Riverdale is a brand new Residential care home for elderley people, and also for those with early onset dementia. This is a purpose built home that has the feeling of 'home'
I am lucky to be working with a very good team that all help to look after our residents to a very high standard.
Pros
Continuity of care. Caring staff. Care suited to the individual. Daily activities including weekends
Friendly place to work
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Braintree, Essex3 October 2018
Have recently started working for westgate health care,
The company is family run and very friendly.
Training is very good and in depth.
Understanding and supportive management
Everybody really cares about maintaining a high standard of care
I'm proud to be part of such a great team that will make a difference to the lives of others
I really enjoy seeing the residents happy😍 And enjoy listening to their life history's
Pros
Friendly team, supportive and understanding management
Great company
Domestic (Current Employee) –  Braintree3 October 2018
My day at work involves making sure the residents have a nice clean fresh home to live in and also supporting other members of my team,we are one big happy family . Managment are very supportive and I feel I could speak to them with any problems I may have. I am happy to be working here 😊😊😊
Friendly approachable management and staff members.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Riverview3 October 2018
I have only worked for the company a short time but have found all the staff and managers great people to work with and always up for a laugh.
The training is very thorough but delivered in a very light hearted way that makes it so enjoyable so you are not falling asleep half way through the day.
Every day is different so you are not lost for things to do.
Good company to work for so would recommend coming to join us.
Pros
Good hours
Great support
Senior Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Braintree, Essex3 October 2018
With Riverdale just opening I feel part of a great team, we all talk and value each other’s opinions and ideas.

It doesn’t feel that I have only worked with the company a short while, I have found that the support is fantastic all the way from my work colleagues right the way through to senior management.

I am very much looking forward to taking part in building a well established, highly sort after fabulous Car Home.
Pros
Family feel
Feels like home
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Braintree, Essex2 October 2018
I have only been with the company a short period of time, but already I feel a part of the Westgate family.

The team at Riverdale Care Home are the best I have ever worked with and the support we give each other has been unmatched anywhere else. We are able to rise to any challenge in the knowledge that we can bring different skills and experiences to guide each other through and make excellent progress.

The company has a great vision towards person centred care and you really feel apart of that quality.

The senior management team are very supportive, friendly and approachable. I have been extremely impressed with the training that is offered at the home and is delivered to an excellent standard.

I urge anyone who is looking to work in care or who is already working within a care environment to invest some time looking into the Westgate healthcare group, come and join our ever growing community.
Pros
Supportive team, family feel, person centered care, friendly environment
Friendly Family Home - Lovely Place To Work
Home Administrator (Current Employee) –  Chorleywood, Hertfordshire2 October 2018
I really enjoy my job, the home, the staff, the residents. Every day is different with its own challenges and responsibilities. The Management are friendly and approachable. There is always plenty of training and opportunities to progress in the work place. I am truly blessed to work here and would not want to work anywhere else.
Pros
Friendly home and work colleagues
Happy workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hampden Hall, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire2 October 2018
I really enjoy working on Reception and interacting with lots of different people everyday! As I'm the first point of contact, not only do I get to meet & greet visitors, delivery drivers & the postman but I can exchange pleasantries with the staff & residents too! Sometimes I think I've got the best job because I'm encouraged to pass the time of day chatting about the weather & hearing about fabulous holidays & family get-togethers; good rapport is important! I challenge myself to remember as many faces & names as possible as I like to greet everyone personally by name - this is always appreciated! I like to keep cheerful & upbeat & even smile down the phone as this does come across to the caller & gives a positive first impression of the Care Centre - it's easy to do when you're happy in your role!

There is always variety in my work as I get to help everyone with administrative tasks; I might be creating a form, filing paperwork, laminating posters, opening & distributing post, checking rotas or doing data input!

There is a really good atmosphere in the Care Centre and everyone is friendly, happy and caring. We participate in some great activities, both in & out of the workplace; for example we held a pyjama day to raise money & awareness for dementia & we had a free bowling evening so that staff could have fun together - this all boosts staff morale!
Pros
Free uniform, Staff activities
Friendly Team
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire2 October 2018
I have worked at St Pauls for a year and a half and really enjoy my job. It is a very busy job but I am well supported. The staff and management are very helpful. It is a nice friendly place to work.
Pros
Happy Environment
none (Current Employee) –  Buckinghamshire2 May 2018
Great family feel
Advisor (Current Employee) –  Head Office15 December 2017
This is a fabulous place to work, with a real family feel.

I have worked here for nearly a year and can honestly say that company is based on solid family values and everybody really cares about maintaining a high standard of care to our residents and so the company invests a lot in recruitment and training, which is excellent for our staff.
Pros
Approachable management, well run homes
Rewarding job and family-feel Care Home
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire14 December 2017
I always look forward to coming in to work, the staff and management are lovely and approachable, The day is structured and the work is easy to manage when you have a good team around you, I enjoy all aspects of the job and the training I have received is excellent, the hardest part is the heavy physical work but it is rewarding and again when you have friendly staff to work with in a team it is enjoyable.
Pros
The training is in depth and regular, good atmosphere, friendly colleagues
Cons
long 12 hour days
friendly family atmosphere
Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire14 December 2017
busy day ,, on your feet most of the 12 hours. enjoyable to see the residents happy and clean and well dressed. friendly staff members and a great rapour with family members. management are there to help when its needed. nice home to be part off.
Pros
lots of training.
Cons
long shifts. no incentives
Friendly and lively place to work
RGN (Current Employee) –  Wendover, Buckinghamshire14 December 2017
No two days at my workplace are the same. There are new challenges I face everyday which keeps my job enjoyable and productive. The most enjoyable part of my job is caring for my residents and interacting with them and my work colleagues.
Pros
Friendly staff
Fun, small and friendly!
Head of Activities (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire14 December 2017
In the Activities role you get go really know your residents and family members. You build up strong relationships and bonds. Very supportive and fun small home. Very friendly.

Typical day is very busy, getting people engaged in a wide variety of activities and meet the needs of each individual to ensure activities are person centred.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing residents happy when you see them taking part and enjoying the activities.
Innovative Work place
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  BUCKS12 December 2017
I have re-joined this company after working for them for three years. I am approaching a year since coming back. I can see the progress the company has made since I was last with them. They have a great vision and are coming up with very unique and innovative ideas of giving quality residential and nursing care.

Staff engagement is evolving almost month by month. All homes in the group are coming up with ideas and events on how to involve all. From junior to the most senior member of staff the team together and bounce off each other with great camaraderie.
Lovely place to work
Agency Manager / PA to Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Borehamwood, Hertfordshire12 December 2017
I really enjoy working for Westgate Healthcare, no day is quite the same!

We have an amazing team and very supportive Senior Management

We are all growing and learning together :)
Pros
Overcoming challenges as a team & supportive Senior Management
Great place to work!
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Borehamwood, Hertfordshire12 December 2017
My job is varied and interesting and there are plenty of opportunities to grow with the company.

The company itself is family run and that shows in the way that the team are treated- there's a great team spirit and we all encourage and support each other. I'm very happy here and genuinely feel valued.

I'm proud to be part of such a great team that makes a difference to the lives of others.
Pros
Supportive & understanding management
Just like home
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury21 November 2017
This was my first job when me and my family moved from Birmingham to Aylesbury. I was more then nervous and shy to begin with for many reasons. Firstly, coming to a smaller town rather then a city. Secondly, having diffcutly with reading, writing and spoken English. Thirdly, the most important, my first ever job! Everybody staff and clients made me feel at home. I progressed very quickly and became very confident.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westgate Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7