Westgate Healthcare Employee Reviews

none (Current Employee) –  Buckinghamshire2 May 2018
Rewarding job and family-feel Care Home
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire14 December 2017
I always look forward to coming in to work, the staff and management are lovely and approachable, The day is structured and the work is easy to manage when you have a good team around you, I enjoy all aspects of the job and the training I have received is excellent, the hardest part is the heavy physical work but it is rewarding and again when you have friendly staff to work with in a team it is enjoyable.
Pros
The training is in depth and regular, good atmosphere, friendly colleagues
Cons
long 12 hour days
friendly family atmosphere
Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire14 December 2017
busy day ,, on your feet most of the 12 hours. enjoyable to see the residents happy and clean and well dressed. friendly staff members and a great rapour with family members. management are there to help when its needed. nice home to be part off.
Pros
lots of training.
Cons
long shifts. no incentives
Friendly and lively place to work
RGN (Current Employee) –  Wendover, Buckinghamshire14 December 2017
No two days at my workplace are the same. There are new challenges I face everyday which keeps my job enjoyable and productive. The most enjoyable part of my job is caring for my residents and interacting with them and my work colleagues.
Pros
Friendly staff
Fun, small and friendly!
Head of Activities (Current Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire14 December 2017
In the Activities role you get go really know your residents and family members. You build up strong relationships and bonds. Very supportive and fun small home. Very friendly.

Typical day is very busy, getting people engaged in a wide variety of activities and meet the needs of each individual to ensure activities are person centred.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing residents happy when you see them taking part and enjoying the activities.
Innovative Work place
Home Manager (Current Employee) –  BUCKS12 December 2017
I have re-joined this company after working for them for three years. I am approaching a year since coming back. I can see the progress the company has made since I was last with them. They have a great vision and are coming up with very unique and innovative ideas of giving quality residential and nursing care.

Staff engagement is evolving almost month by month. All homes in the group are coming up with ideas and events on how to involve all. From junior to the most senior member of staff the team together and bounce off each other with great camaraderie.
Lovely place to work
Agency Manager / PA to Managing Director (Current Employee) –  Borehamwood, Hertfordshire12 December 2017
I really enjoy working for Westgate Healthcare, no day is quite the same!

We have an amazing team and very supportive Senior Management

We are all growing and learning together :)
Pros
Overcoming challenges as a team & supportive Senior Management
Great place to work!
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Borehamwood, Hertfordshire12 December 2017
My job is varied and interesting and there are plenty of opportunities to grow with the company.

The company itself is family run and that shows in the way that the team are treated- there's a great team spirit and we all encourage and support each other. I'm very happy here and genuinely feel valued.

I'm proud to be part of such a great team that makes a difference to the lives of others.
Pros
Supportive & understanding management
Just like home
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury21 November 2017
This was my first job when me and my family moved from Birmingham to Aylesbury. I was more then nervous and shy to begin with for many reasons. Firstly, coming to a smaller town rather then a city. Secondly, having diffcutly with reading, writing and spoken English. Thirdly, the most important, my first ever job! Everybody staff and clients made me feel at home. I progressed very quickly and became very confident.
The best company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Widford, Hertfordshire18 November 2017
Every day is different and I enjoy working for this company. I have learned a lot from my team and done a lot of training. The management is very supportive. The hardest part of the job is to stay away from my job, and the most enjoyable part of the job is to work with my colleagues.
Pros
Good team
Fab !
Manager (Current Employee) –  Borehamwood, Hertfordshire25 September 2017
No day is the same for me I am able to travel to all the homes and visit all the staff, and the residents. I have worked here for 4 months now and absolutely love my job. I am supported by my managers and directors and feel part of a huge family.
There is always someone there if you need support or guidance,
A place to shine!
Activity Leader (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire13 September 2017
A typical day at Westgate House includes plenty of smiling, laughing and team spirit!

We are a very family orientated company, from the directors through to the domestic staff we work together as a team.

I have had endless opportunities through training to expand my knowledge and grow and thrive in my job role!

My manager has been very supportive and helped me to become more confident in myself and fulfil my job satisfaction.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my colleagues to make our Residents lives more person centred and meaningful everyday.
Pros
Endless job opportunities
Good company
Cleaner full time (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire13 September 2017
I enjoy working at westgate house along side the staff who are all very friendly , I also enjoy meeting the residents and enjoy my activity's on a Monday that I do with the residents and look forward to all the events that happen at westgate I am also looking forward to Christmas and helping to decorate the home.
Each day offers variety, fun and sense of pride
Home Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire13 September 2017
I have been at Hampden Hall Care Centre for the past 6yrs, I love my role. Each day is so varied and knowing I am keeping the Homes paperwork up to date and accurate gives me a sense of achievement. I look after the Administration for Residents and Finance/Purchasing for the home. I love talking and spending time with residents and families. Along with seeing our teams carrying out their duties and making residents feel safe, secure and happy. We have a strong management team who are always around to talk to and have an open door policy. Recently we have started a Staff engagement where lots of fun ideas are raised. We have had PJ day, Red nose day where we all dress up including the residents and raise money for charity. A typical day for myself is preparing new admission paperwork or preparing the necessary paperwork for local authorities. Raising orders and purchasing items for the home and then ensuring the Invoices and correct and prepared ready for payments. Keeping everything up to date and accurate. Banking, Petty cash along with lots of other administrative roles that need undertaking. No two days are the same which is what I love as you come to work with new challenges ahead for the day and knowing you are "doing your bit" to make this a great home to work in gives me a huge sense of achievement.
Pros
Sense of pride, fun, laughter, great team mates
We are family!
HR Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampden Hall Care Centre1 August 2017
I have been working for Westgate Healthcare for nearly 7 years and have no plans of going anywhere!!

My days are very varied and that is just the way I like it. I start by covering the reception and welcoming the staff to their shift. I love the start of the day as I get to catch up with all the staff. From 9am I then go up to my office and as I work as the HR Office Manager within the home my responsibilities include doing the recruitment for the home, overseeing the training as well as all other HR areas.

We have a fantastic manager here at Hampden Hall, who is very approachable, fair and is always happy to get involved and help out which helps encourage the family feel within the home.

We have a great staff engagement team who arrange a lot of events within the home and outside work too. I really enjoyed the recent staff bowling trip the team arranged and am excited to go on the summer outing that is coming up!

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the staff happy and the effect it has on our residents. I am very passionate about my work and the home and I really like how we all pull together as a team even if someone has called in sick the staff still carry on with a smile on their face
Pros
Staff engagement events, competative rates, career progression, free unform, supportive management
Rewarding and most fun place to work!
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Borehamwood, Hertfordshire21 July 2017
A typical day for me will always start with a cup of coffee. What better way to start your morning? I have been with Westgate Healthcare for over a year now and it honestly is the most rewarding job I have ever had. It's the feeling of knowing the company you work for makes a difference to peoples lives. I'm inspired by all staff who work within each of our care homes and not a day goes by where I don't appreciate how hard they all work.

Although I may be based at Head Office, I always try my best to pay a visit to our homes especially to provide support for when we hold recruitment events. Speaking of recruitment, you may have guessed by now that I do look after recruitment for Westgate Healthcare as well as provide day to day HR support to the HR team.

Having a HR background, recruitment definitely is the most enjoyable part of my job. Meeting different people, speaking with internal and external people to the company, learning different cultures, and seeing staff develop and grow within the company are just some of the things I experience.

As well as recruitment being the most enjoyable part of my job it can at times also be the the most hardest. It's not always easy finding the right candidate for care and for this reason I can find it challenging at times. But I won't give up! I'm always open to feedback from candidates and staff members who are always involved in making easy the recruitment process.

At Head Office, we all work together and get on so well we even want to spend time outside of work together, how great is that! Yes! We all take part in social
  more... events such as Friday drinks after work, fun activities after work, employee engagement events, and more!  less
Pros
Team building events, employee engagement events, support from management, opportunities to develop, great workplace culture, friendly staff, and much more!
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Widford, Hertfordshire4 July 2017
I work for Ashview Nursing Home in widford, it is one of the nicest most rewarding jobs I have ever had. I am supported and valued by my manager and by Head Office. I am a working mother of 2 young children and the company bend over backwards to help me when my children are sick or I need to be at home with them. I couldnt ask for anymore from an employer.
Pros
Friendly enviroment & supportive senior managment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cheshunt, Hertfordshire22 May 2017
My day at work is varied, no one day is the same.

The home has recently been refurbished and is looking lovely.

I like the staff I work with, who are quite bubbly people.

I like that my day as I said is varied and I also like to be busy, I like interacting with the resident and their families and feel I have quite a good rapport with them.
Six years and counting
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampden Hall26 April 2016
I have worked for Westgate Healthcare for nearly six years and still very much enjoy my job!! I have had a lot of support from both my Manager and the Directors of the company with my career progression and have always felt that the hard work I have put in is truly appreciated.

The team I work with here at Hampden Hall are excellent! We all work very hard but we keep each other smiling and there is a real true & honest friendship feel amongst our team. Anyone thinking of joining Hampden Hall would not need to worry as they would be joining a great team and would be fully supported by everyone!
Loved job but poor management!
Senior activity coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, ENG18 December 2014
One of my favourite jobs by far, I adore the elderly and still visit the care centre, made some lovely friends also.
Just management is poor, I was taken advantage of big time!
I put myself out so much and when I finally asked for the same wage as my fellow college it was declined, it wasn't fair I was doing all the dirty work an extra, when others didn't but management didn't care or support in this, considering how much effort and passion I put into my job title.
I had no option to look for further employement after being declined wage and very upset and hurt in how was treated after all this.

To then find after my departure, the company advertising the same job title as I was with more hourly rate, that was the hurtful part.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westgate Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5