Westgate Healthcare

Westgate Healthcare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom60 reviews
Overall a great place to work
A great family run business, a rewarding place to work. Great management and great working relationships. Every day is different and can be challenging and a happy place to work.
Avoid at all costs
Terrible company, and terrible place to work, directors don’t like or trust anybody, management generally is not good, no investment in home,poor conditions for staff generally because home is in need of updat desperately
Pros
Cons
Lots
Poor management
Due to poor management many staff have been leaving (my self to be inclded) they have become uncompasionate towards staff refusing to work with their family situations making it extremely difficult to work there
Residents are really very well cared for
I think Westgate health care is a lovely company to work for , it’s family owned and they truly are a lovley family, all directors with a very caring outlook on the life’s of staff and service users alike , I would happily recommended for a member of my family if the need arises , I had the pleasure of being there head chef in Braintree for a yr and only left aswant weekendsof
Cheerful and comfortable everyone seems very friendly and nothing seems to much trouble
Friendly, helpful, peaceful clean tidy home with lots of things for residents to do
Pros
Good privlages
Cons
A lot of paperwork which I know has to be done
We are - Family
Friendly, cheerful Team.... Qualified, strong and always supportive. Good and Highly Qualified Manager. Westgate HealthCare Company always supports employees. Full training for any job position. If you are honest, responsible, sensitive-strong and loving any people you should work with us. If you need care for one of your loved ones, no doubt trust our team and Westgate HealthCare Company.
Pros
Free coffee, tea, snacks...
Family home
At Riverdale care home, my typical day consists of, helping the residents get ready for the day, supporting residents with their meal times and there is also parts of the day where you can sit and have a cup of tea and a chat with the residents, which is always nice. I feel i am a valued member of staff and it is like being part of a big family. The hardest part of the job is working long hours but my days often go quickly as there is lots to do. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to spend time with the residents.
Pros
Opportunities eg. training
Every day is different
As the maintenance person for Byron House, I go to work every day enjoying it. It really feels like working for the residents in their home, so meeting them every day and sorting out day to day issues is a pleasure. Really get a connection with them and being supported by/being part of a great team makes all the difference not just for me but I think for the residents to.
Pros
Great place to work!
Cons
Productive, all inclusive work place
Everyday is never the same which makes it a lovely place to work. The staff are welcoming and it’s such a family feel.
I highly recommend working for this company as they really include you and value your opinions.
Pros
Very inclusive to everyone
Fantastic place to work
I have been with Westgate for nearly 2years I was completely new to caring and I have to say it's a lovely place to work and feel honoured to be apart of a team that you get appreciated for what you do, I love my job and who I work with so supportive and encouraging to succeed, at the moment I'm working on my nvq level 2 and hopefully become a senior, the management is very approachable and supportive. They recommend training which is very useful to have a refresh or to learn something new, you get certificates on what you get trained on. Working here has completely changed my mind set in life and wouldn't change it for the world. It's a friendly environment and very welcoming aswell. Wonderful home to work for.
Great place to work!
I joined Hampden Hall Care Centre just over 6 months ago as a registered nurse. I can honestly say this is my first ever job role where I genuinely feel like I belong. From my first induction shift I could tell I was going to enjoy working here.

Everyone at Hampden Hall is caring, it feels like one big family; we always support each other and work as a team. The management are always supportive, you can go to them with anything and they will try to help.

I love every part of my job, particularly making a difference to a residents day. The 12 hour day absolutely flies by working here, not only because there is always something to do but because of the people you are working with, it's lovely to be able to work hard and feel as though you have really achieved something at the end of each day whilst also enjoying yourself!

I'd highly recommend working for this company!
Pros
All staff are caring and supportive, great training opportunities, good rates of pay and employee benefits
Outstanding place to work
Brilliant place to work, it is a great place to work if you’re new to care. All staff are very supportive and are always willing to help and give advice. Training is very thorough. No two days are the same and that’s the most enjoyable part of it!
Lovely place to work
I have been with Hampden Hall for a year now. So far it has been a really positive experience and I have learned so much. I have really enjoyed interacting with the residents and I feel like working in this industry is very important. People have always been concerned on how this role may be difficult as when the residents pass away it is upsetting. However I have been supported by my colleagues and management really well and reminded that giving the residents the best possible care in these final years is what makes this job so fulfilling and worth doing. From day to day you will always face new and different challenges but by asking for support from my seniors and working together with my team we have managed to keep the work place working smoothly. The most important lesson that I have learned here is to value the residents best interests and do my best to provide personal centred care.
Every day is different
Every day is different. There is a great atmosphere in the home.

I was given a full classroom induction with the Training Manager, as well as shadowing another Carer on the floor until I was confident to do the role.

The Manager is supportive, and always has time for me and my colleagues.
Amazing work culture
Westgate is an ambitious and energetic company with real opportunities. The management always try to listen and support all staff and to find a way for you as individual to florish in the organisation. The training is excellent and any initiative welcomed.
Pros
Great team, fun at work
Westgate Healthcare its a great place to work!
I have worked at one of Westgate Healthcare Nursing Homes now for almost 5 years and it is the best career opportunity I have been involved in.
Lots of challenges for growth and development and a supportive Nursing Home Team and Senior Management Team.
Pros
Appreciate automy of role
Care Home Manager
I have been working for Westgate for 10 months now, they are an excellent company to work for, they continue to be very supportive. Although I have many years experience as a Manager starting work for a new company can be quite daunting, however it has not felt like this working for Westgate.
Pros
Support is always there
Cons
I have been working at Westgate House for just under two years. It is a great place to work. Everyone gives 100% whatever role they are in. It has a friendly welcoming atmosphere and would encourage anyone considering a job in the care sector to think about joining Westgate Healthcare
Great Team to work with
I have been working with Westgate for over 3 years now and I enjoy coming to work everyday. We are a friendly team and meet some wonderful people everyday. Working in care is very rewarding and all the staff work so hard to ensure our residents have the best. Anyone looking for a new career should consider a career in care at Westgate Healthcare
Pros
It is rewarding
Cons
Can be busy at times
I love Westgate Healthcare
I have been with this company for more than 20 years and I don't want to leave. It has changed a lot over the time and I love working for Westgate. They always come with new ideas, for example our wish tree, which I think is fabulous.
Pros
We have a great team
Cons
N/a
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westgate Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.
4.6