Westfield Stratford City Employee Reviews

Retail Project Manager
Retail Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London31 October 2018
• Certified in Construction Management for Health & Safety (CSCS skilled Manager) with strong commercial awareness, strong client liaison skills, project management and team leadership.
productive and fun working enviroment
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Westfield6 March 2018
I really enjoyed working there. I was the only person in the shoe department during my shifts and my team leaders and other stuffs were always nice to me , helped me when ever i was stuck, which is why I was able to learn so much about the company and its offers, and rules and regulations so rapidly.
Pros
Freindly Environment
Cons
Competetive sometimes
Good workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London4 January 2018
Typical day starts at 8.30, preparing to open the shop. Shops opens at 10 o'clock and then all work starts.
The hardest part of the job that you never know how busy it can be. That's how I learned to do everything quick and always smile!
Productive and fun
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Stratford Station17 September 2017
I was part of the team that worked at Westfield when it opened in 2012.
And that period it was fun been part of the team.
Working there was good because you get to meet and attend to lots of people from all walks of life; tourists; etc. And especially, with the Olympics Stadium around the corner, there are always sporting events weekly.
There are a whole lot more to do at Westfield Stratford. Shopping: as almost all the well know companies have a location there; all displaying their brands of clothing. There are eateries; pubs; casinos; gaming areas and a lot more. No dull moment at Westfield Stratford.
costomer service is key
Front/back of house assistant (Former Employee) –  stratford westfields17 July 2017
long hours, faced paced, at this job I cultivated my customer service skills gained an understanding of empathy and a general basis of hospitality and customer service, management was strict, disciplined vigilant and diligent good qualities for a manger the hardest part of the job for me was the long journey home the most enjoyable part of the job meeting new people hearing there story..
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
hard to get to
Poor
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Food court1 June 2017
A bad place to work
Hours constantly being cut
Wage was cut
Not good communication between workers and management
would not advise anyone looking for a stable job to work here
Lack of ppe
Pros
its a job
Cons
Bad palce to work
Great environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London4 May 2017
I have worked with individuals with different types of personalities and ages, but I have managed to get along with them very well. It made my job experience enjoyable and fun.
Pros
Seasonal Clothing Allowance
was good
Sales Advisor River Island (Former Employee) –  East London, Greater London23 February 2017
Vues Cinema was not a bad job , the environment was friendly we always looked out for the staff but mainly the customers. The only bad thing was the management they were really difficult manager that did not understand certain situation and how to handle certain situation.
Company no longer there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 February 2017
Company no longer at Westfield in Stratford, no further comments to make. The mall however is fast paced with some excellent choices to suit all tastes
Westfields
Concierge Team Leader Support (Former Employee) –  London21 November 2016
Working life is hard and fast paced, co-works depending are friendly, I gained more knowledge and skills for customer service and selling, the most enjoyable part of the job are team bonding
Productive, fun work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London16 September 2016
the job could be difficult as it is such a big shop however you are never short of things to do and the people you work with are lovely. I enjoyed going to work.
face paced, fun and load environment
Sales assistance (Current Employee) –  London3 May 2016
my day at work starts with seeing customers and making eye contact with them so they know I am here to help them with any queries. you meet different customers some are difficult and some are really laid back. management in my workplace is all over the place they have no interest in their staff, they do whats best for them I guess that's with most retail stores. However I enjoy working there because of the environment us sales assistance have made. the hardest part of the day is closing down I would say,
Pros
50% discount
Cons
not enough hours
Good Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westfield Stratford City26 May 2014
Working at Lego was a fun and enjoyable atmosphere and I looked forward to going to work everyday. Most of the staff are extremely helpful and supportive. The job entails you to work in all areas of retail by Merchandising, working on tills and being at the front of customer sales. The hardest part of this job is ensuring you build rapport with your customers as you will usually see them again. The store gets a large proportion of repeat buyers. The most enjoyable part is seeing the smiles on the kids faces when they have got that new toy they want or seeing the customer leave the store content that you have made their shopping experience enjoyable and that you have given all the product information relevant to the sale.
Working for Lego was great fun.
Pros
You get the chance to build the Lego models that go in the window displays
Cons
Work hours can be early starts or late finishes as it is part of Westfield Shopping centre
retail experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  london5 April 2014
Customer facing sales environment, providing sales recommendations based on extensive product knowledge of entire range and customers needs. Accessory attachment, cashier, visual merchandising.
Pros
friendly workers
Cons
distance
Great experience
Concierge Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ENG21 March 2014
Acting as a representative of London to foreigners was a great experience by assisting visitors with navigation or informing them on London culture.
Simple fun
Concierge Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ENG25 October 2013
I am currently working with the Concierge team at Europe’s largest urban shopping centre, Westfield Stratford City, on the Olympic park, London, providing exceptional levels of customer service. Working for Concierge at Westfield has allowed me to assist with some major events, events such as, the Twilight Premiere, two Christmas lights switch on events with Justin Bieber and Rihanna and of course working so closely to the 2012 Olympics.
the biggest shopping centre in europe very nice place to work
security officer (Former Employee) –  east london15 September 2012
Normal day at work was to to give to all customers great customer service and let them feel safe and comfortable at all times. I have learned how to deal with all types off situations. Amaizing management team great work, the time 2012 olimpics. The hardest part was to deal with groups off fights. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I meet so many nice people every day.
Pros
brakes paid
Cons
long 12 hours shifts