There are various checks they have to do, because all the information they have is confidential.
Apply on line
Application process, followed by role plays and further examinations. Nothing too taxing but the process is approximately 12 months.
To get the safer community advocate role, you must get an application through the West Yorkshire Police website and fill out all the boxes that ask questions about yourself. You will need proof of your identity which could be your birth certificate, driving liscence, passport or anything that will help to prove that you're definitely who you say you are. Applications must then be sent off to the West Yorkshire Police to which they'll then decide if you're suited for the role or not. If you're suited for the role, you will be invited to attend bischopgarth house in Carr gate, wakefield to which you will be required to attend 2 introduction sessions which take place during 2 Saturdays in a row and you'll then receive a username and paaaword to log onto the safer community website where you'll be able to look out for any events that you've been invited to and choose whether you're going to accept them or not.
- How are the working hours at West Yorkshire Police?5 people answered
- How should you prepare for an interview at West Yorkshire Police?3 people answered
- What would you suggest West Yorkshire Police management do to prevent others from leaving?2 people answered
- How does someone get hired at West Yorkshire Police? What are the steps along the way?2 people answered
- What is the organisational culture at WEST YORKSHIRE POLICE?2 people answered
- What is the interview process like at West Yorkshire Police?2 people answered
- How do you feel about going to work at West Yorkshire Police each day?One person answered
- How did you get your first interview at West Yorkshire Police?One person answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at West Yorkshire Police?One person answered
- What is West Yorkshire Police sick leave policy? How many sick days do you get per year?One person answered