West Midlands Trains Employee Reviews

Great to begin with
Senior Conductor (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire7 November 2019
When I joined the railway it was London Midland that were in charge and they were great to work for, very generous and looked after their staff very well, but West Midlands Trains have been in charge for the last 2 years and now our jobs are under threat. The whole atmosphere has changed and we all feel disillusioned and unwanted hence starting a job search
Awful company to work with
Senior Conductor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands1 October 2019
I have been unfairly dismissed due to failing me on assessment where I had no feedback after and when I made a mistake second time they revealed it was a second the same mistake.Manager made up the feedback during first assessment and lied about the errors which I never made.
My Experience review
Carriage Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Birmingham New Street Station, West Midlands13 March 2019
My last place of work was nights cleaning the trains ready for the general public.

I have learnt about Health and Safety in the workplace, correct cleaning agents are used, liaising with my Manager and night supervisor and I have had the opportunity of running night supervisor shift, by giving appropriate trains to be cleaned and assisting my work colleagues ensuring all carriages are cleaned ready for service.

The hardest part of the job is whilst cleaning is looking out for needles and put in appropriate box provided clearing of broken glass and picking up rubbish make sure all is disposed correctly.

I enjoyed talking and helping the general public when they approach me for help and assist in a pleasant manner with luggage help people with wheelchairs using the appropriate equipment supplied by the company. Helping my work colleagues to where possible to complete work in time before trains are ready to be dispatched.

My aim is to work to the best of my knowledge and ability and to be of good service and to any employer.