West Midland Safari Park Employee Reviews

Safari Park
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Bewdley8 February 2018
Enjoyable work that gave me a work ethic. I was paid the same as the dole (1982-83) as I'd just left school. It was a different environment then as it is now..
Pros
Gave me work ethic
Cons
Long hours & poor pay..
Random
WMSP matinance officer (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster26 September 2017
Some days you could be standing around all day with noting to do and some it's a massive rush to do every job in a short space of time when I was there they managers didn't communicate very well so there was a lot of mixed messages
The staff are great to work to with
Leisure Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bewdley20 September 2017
Overall I enjoy the job but it's time to move on to bigger and better things as there is nothing more there to look forward too. Management expect too much at times and give nothing back in return
Pros
4 free tickets a season
Cons
long hours during the summer periods
Food and Beverage assistant
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bewdley8 September 2017
Minimum wage, doesn't seem to be much communication between management. Sometimes you don't feel very well rewarded for your hard work.
made so many friendly friends.
seasonal work which is zero hour
the way you get spoken to by higher people in the business can be awful.
ideal for a school leaver
Pros
very friendly staff
Cons
wage, management communication and awful hours
Pleasant, fun and simple
Food and Beverage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bewdley, Worcestershire25 May 2017
A typical day can be quite slow but there are always things to be doing to keep moving. Everyone is easy to get on with including management. Generally the atmosphere is very pleasant to be around.
Terrible place to work. Disgrace of employees
Lesuire assistant (Former Employee) –  Bewdley, Worcestershire24 April 2017
I defiantly would not recommend working within the leisure department! They have no sense and couldn't care less about their own employees! Bad place.
Pros
Their isn't any
Cons
Poor employees
Long hours and little pay
Server (Former Employee) –  Bewdley12 April 2017
The hours are very intense and usually very busy especially in the summer the minimum wage pay isn't really enough for the job. On the other hand the management is very good and the staff are generally helpful.
Cons
Minimum Wage
Brilliant
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster15 February 2017
fabulous management and working teams. All very helpful and everybody works together to provide the best customer service for all age ranges that visit the park
Fun, exciting place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster, Worcestershire19 January 2017
I enjoyed working here, there was something different to do every day and plenty of possibilities to gain experience in various departments.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Long hours, minimum wage
Fun and welcoming environment
Food and Beverage assistant (Former Employee) –  Bewdley16 October 2016
A typical day included cleaning items used in the restaurant. I learnt how to maintain a safe and hygienic environment. I thoroughly enjoyed working with my co-workers as they were fun and we worked well.. The hardest part of the job was when the night became busy as we had to work quickly and effectively. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working with new people.
Pros
met new people
productive and pleasant workplace
Assisting families (Former Employee) –  Bewdley25 August 2016
On a typical day I would shadow the learning officer helping with their daily duties.
The co-workers were all friendly.
There wasnt a hard part to this work experience. The most enjoyable part was been able to join in with the family encounters.
Summer Nights
Commercial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bewdley13 February 2016
A typical day during Summer Nights was extended opening times and hot weather, both of which were easy to deal with. Over my time at WMSP I learned many different things, such as how to pitch a sale for better customer retention, as well as how to approach each guest as an individual. I was able to get along with all my team members, from assistants to other supervisors to managers. I would say the hardest part of the job was the days final take, especially over Summer Nights as it could be 23:00 before you left, honestly, I was ready to go home by then so silly mistakes were made in the final maths. However, it was all worth it when you got to make a guests day, even if it was by spending that extra 5 minutes talking to them whilst another family member was busy.
Pros
4 Free tickets to the Park including wristbands, 35% off in all shops and catering units and free toys if they were dirty/damaged
Cons
Long days, difficult guests and staff, food was still exspensive even with discount
Fast paced and busy workplace
Seasonal Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bewdley, ENG30 January 2016
WMSP is a good place of work for seasonal staff. A typical day would revolve around extremely fast paced food service. Most of the staff around the park are friendly and easy to work with, which makes the job easier. The sheer amount of guests on a daily basis can catch up with you, which does cause a lot of stress and panic throughout the shift. For the most part, however, it is an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Cons
Very expensive to eat, even with staff discount
productive environment with great work ethic.
Trainee zoo keeper (Former Employee) –  Worcestershire24 May 2014
I was recently here to gain work experience over a period of two weeks. I found it a very eye opening and educational experience to help me further decide what I wanted to do as a career. Although most of the staff were friendly, this couldn't be said for all.
Pros
full hands on job with a great daily view of wild animals
Cons
long hours working in all weathers
i enjoyed my time there but there was no job securtey
Maintenance assistant (Former Employee) –  West Midland Safari Park, Bewdley24 October 2013
a typical day for me wasstart at 8 look on my clip bord and see what jobs i had for the week conplet as many as i could i that week.
when i was there i learnt a number od skills such as plumbing, plastering and basic carpintry and brickwork also how to us CAD.
my co works were a great bunch of lads and we really got on and helped eachother and i really got on well with all members of staff on the whole park and made a lot of good friends.
The hardest part of my job was the challenge of doing new thing but i always gave it my all and came out with a good job.
The most enjoyable part of my job was no two days were the same and also the staff i worked with not just on my team but all over the park.
Pros
4 free tickets a year, xmas party and a 35% discout
Cons
no job securty
Reasonably place to work
Groundsman (Current Employee) –  Bewdley15 May 2012
Generally a good place to work, learned alot due to being a apprentice here, management is reasonably, work load is alot due to very small team, most enjoyable part is being outdoors and being involved in the horticulture trade.