West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust Employee Reviews

very rewarding job
Health care assistant (Former Employee) –  St Albans, Hertfordshire19 March 2019
i worked for this hospital for nearly 2 years and i found it very enjoyable. the best thing about just job was making sure patients are comfortable and happy. the worst part about the job was the loss of patients.
Pros
being able to help vunerable adults and children
boccata d'aria
Scrub nurse (Former Employee) –  watford3 March 2019
dopo anni di lavoro precario mi sono ritrovata in ambiente amichevole con possibilità di carriera e contratto stabile a discapito della lontananza con mio marito e ragazzi
Pros
carriera salario e stabilità di contratto
Cons
lontananza con famiglia
Caring organisation
Assistant Manager and Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire26 February 2019
Clear objectives and appraisal system. Good training opportunities and development.

Environment small old offices with little equipment and outdated IT.
Working at WHHT
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire9 November 2018
Working at WHHT Maternity Unit was a good administration job. Unfortunately I had reached the full potential of the role and wanted to move elsewhere to grow.

The direct team I worked for were lovely but there can be some cultural issues within the team.
Pros
no overtime
Cons
No advancement
Good Team
Senior Cancer Information Analyst (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire11 October 2018
The team worked quite well together and were able to move away from the old challenges of silo working to a more joined-up working practice so the IT worked with informatics and the services to enable better patient experience
Was a nice place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarratt25 September 2018
Enjoyed my stay at Watford but had to move due to family commitment
Staffs and Ward manager was very friendly and they created a good Atmosphere to work in.
Nice atmosphere
Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Watford15 September 2018
Lovely people to work with, enjoyed my time here and was able to learn a lot
Close to home
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Watford1 September 2018
I worked at the weekends at WGH on both the general and maternity receptions. I answered telephone queries and also dealt with the general public face to face.
it was fun to work there while it lasted
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  watford general hospital25 July 2018
the hardest part of the job was the weekends where i was by myself for all of it having to sell stock to customers while serving them coffee at the same time there was usually 2 queues one for people waiting for coffee and another waiting to buy things with a mix of people wanting to buy coffees in that queue that and i also had to keep the shop tidy and having to restock the shop while doing everything at once the job was so stressful i had to leave it
Productive and Fun place
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire12 July 2018
although I was only there for 5 days I learnt more things about the job that I want to go in though because the doctors were helpful and extremely caring. it is a comfortable environment that allows candidates to explore different jobs provided in the NHS, this allows individuals to experience the role that works best for them.
Pros
NHS lunch benfits -- 25% off at the Kitchen
Cons
Nearly put me off nursing
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire23 June 2018
Firstly recruitment were rude, not helpful and didn’t communicate when my actual start date would be, meaning I missed out on 2 months pay. Secondly when I first started, two hours in I was left alone with nine patients and when I asked for help the nurse more or less refused. Finally I have gone out of my way to book myself for training because mangerement wouldn’t supporting me.

However since doing bank, I have loved working in the children’s department.
Pros
A lot of off duty
Cons
No respect, no support, looking after up to 20 patients, no choice in professional progression
productive
Medical Resourcing Assistant in HR (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire20 June 2018
I learned the basic skills for working with the Hr team such as organising files according to departments, years and patients. The atmosphere was very encouraging with everyone keen to help.
It was alright
Administrator and Clerical (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire24 May 2018
Fun and interesting. The job had many up ands downs to it but you would always see or learn something new. This allowed me to learn and process new skills.
busy place to work
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Watford14 May 2018
i enjoyed my tim working here. it was a busy ward and lots of patients coming and going. the staff were knowledgeable in what they did and most were helpful in the day to day running of things. i had a few problems but who doesnt. the job was exciting.
Student Plx
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Watford8 May 2018
This was a student placement but it allowed me to learn whilst studyign and hone my skills. Department was very friendly and the infrastructure was good too.
Good organisation to work
Accounts Receivable Officer (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire16 April 2018
Collection of unpaid invoices for private and overseas patients.
Communication with GP surgeries, other in house departments, check the current legislation for overseas visitors.

Finding if they are entitled to free NHS care.
Pros
good working hours, friendly team
Cons
weak management
Good
Physician (Current Employee) –  Watford6 April 2018
Typical DGH - good team & sufficient senior support. The general area that WGH covers is relatively vast so there is a wide variety of patients that you will come across - as a junior within my profession this is perfect to ensure continuous learning!
Fast paced and dynamic
Assistant Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire29 March 2018
A&E is a fast paced environment. There is never a dull moment nor time to rest and dwell on issues. The team work is second to none and all my colleagues are great individuals who give their heart and soul day in and day out. But you have to have drive, passion and endless enery.
West Herts NHS Trust
Support Secretary (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire21 January 2018
Management at the department I worked for was horrendous. Job location was advertised as being at St Albans City Hospital, but I ended up working for four months at Watford General Hospital.
Too far to travel. I left after four months due to a fractured wrist. Lead clinician does not have a good bedside manner when it comes to his staff - Jekyll and Hyde. Department is located in a Portakabin and working in a one is not ideal whatever time of year. The department should have had an administrator to leave the secretarial staff to do their jobs. Staff benefits were good - Pilates, relaxation appointment (massages), very good restaurant.
Pros
Staff benefits
Cons
Bad management in the department
Friendly team with a positive environment
MDT Coordinator Cancer Unit (Former Employee) –  Watford, Hertfordshire7 January 2018
I enjoyed my roles here and found them to be very hardworking team emebers in the face of such challenges within the healthcare system. Challenging yes, but the majority of employees go above and beyond the call of duty.
Pros
Training opportunities
Cons
carparking facilities