Wessex Water Services Limited

Wessex Water Services Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom18 reviews
Overall a positive experience but not without its peaks and troughs.
Life at Wessex Water ranged from busy to exceptionally busy. Like many places the job description didn't always match what an individual actually did. The expectation was that you did what was ever necessary to get the job done.
Consequently engineering was only part of my role. I had also become adept in operational, financial, legal and estate matters.

When I was made the Manager of the team in 2013 I found my biggest challenges were HR related.
Great place to work enjoying it just feel it is worth slightly more in pay but job security is great and management leave you alone as long as they ca
Go for it you won’t regret it thought I would hate it but but probably here for life takes a bit of time to feel like you fit but the guys you work with make you feel welcome wouldn’t move unless I was offered double pay love most of it
Good company
Good company for the area. Good career option. Communication was ok, sometimes could be improved from higher management, however my direct manager was good. Good extras such as family fun days and buying holiday.
Brilliant company to work for Always there if you need anything management is amazing good benefits, pension bonus each month etc. Company car/ van and mobile
Prospective Work place
If you are looking for a place to grow your career, this is the place to be. The organisation gives you a platform to excel, build a future for yourself and give a work-life balance experience as you contribute to the success of the business.
Valuable work experience
My experience here provided me with a better idea of which field of study i wish to delve into (Civil engineering) and i was able to learn more about the companies day to day running from a business point of view.
Not worth your time and effort
This company claim to care about your mental health, but whenever issues arise due to mental health they put your job at immediate risk. Also like to say they’ll help you “progress” further within the company but most managers will do anything to stop that happening so their jobs aren’t at risk either. Wouldn’t waste your time and effort, you’ll just get dropped as soon as you’re not needed anymore.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
No progression
work harding good time keeping
from day to day drive to work. normal 2 hours drive open site at 0730 do paperwork permits work sheets sign in books log on to site from control room as we enter a Wessex water site and they need to be aware off this for security reason leave site 1700 and logging off locking up site checking this to high standard . what I learn is this can be a challenging at times with weather. and staff as many are contractors time keeping can be a issue and we all lean by our mistakes management can be better as these we have now have been t p over from another company and not up to scratch how Wessex water work but are getting better and very good work culture work place culture can be challenging as not always have the same guys and not sure the trades and there work they can do so I have to check the job they do and is to a high standard the hardest part off my job is being on tools and keeping track off all staff and there hours to I could be laying bricks one day then doing shuttering for new concrete up stands our renew pipework our slabbing our driving digger as well .the most enjoyable part off job is the finish product and looking back on what we have all done at a very high standard and making sure that everyone got home safe from site no injury's
Pros
pension
Cons
ppe
Awesome place
Really enjoyed my time at Wessex Water as a tanker driver the training I received was first class which having a great bloke as my trainer obviously helped management were spot on and really go out there way to help you hours were perfect for my family life
Unfortunately I was an agency worker and the particular agency in question couldn’t assist me in gaining a permanent job as a driver for Wessex and I would go back in a heartbeat sludge transport isn’t for everyone but I loved it
Wessex Water Services Ltd
I found Wessex Water to be a supportive proactive company that provides an efficient service to the region.

The company is a good employer with an excellent Head Office based in Bath. The employees are predominantly satisfied with their working environment and enjoy being looked after with commensurate packages to their specific roles.
Terrible
Absolutely terrible place to work, high workload with long hours and expected to maintain this workload on less than minimum staffing on multiple occasions. Pay is extremely poor given the unsociable weekday hours and weekend working.

Training allocated unfairly, experience counts for absolutely nothing, clear favourites from the management from day one and if you're not liked, you get nothing at all. When you complain, a blind eye gets turned.

Whatever you do, do not work here.
Pros
Cons
Management, hours, workload, pay
Worked there 10+yrs
Great place to work. Worked there over 10 years after Uni. Lots of opportunities to change roles and train if willing to travel /change base location. Great benefits. Pay rises and bonuses hard to come by unless role changes.
Pros
Pension, discounts, team work, atmosphere
Cons
Lack of parking
Awful
Staff are under valued, after a few months you are expected to train new members of staff who start on the same salary - no increments are given. Bonus scheme in place but most rated a 3 so you gain nothing. High work volumes, big demands on staff - management expect a lot. If your face fits you will fit in, if you dare to have an opinion you wont - the current managers like to control you like puppets!
There are currently a lot of overpaid people doing jobs they know nothing about, they rely on front line staff to do all the hard work!
Pros
Pension, Annual leave, xmas party
Cons
Bad management, high work volumes
High expectations
Very high call quantity and quality expectations. Expected to give customer service but within a strict call time. Very black and white. Would not recommend if you want to give true customer service.
Pros
Cons
No parking if you start after 8am
Awful
Awful place to work i was there for 4 days.

The job i was taken on for was not the the job i did.

They taught us a procedure back to front which was very very confusing and made no sense why they taught us in that way at all!!

The management are horrible.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to go for a job at this place.
Horrible place to work
Very hard work and don't get paid the money you should for the hours you do and not looked after in the right way, the management is very poor and don't treat you with the respect you deserve.
Cons
Long hours, not good pay
High pressure with day to day challenges
Very busy work environment with day to day challenges that require a varied skill set.
Equally a very rewarding place of work.

A plus with this company is the availability of additional hours leaving your earning potential in your hands.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
It is a very good company for gaining experience and qualifications but do not pay very well, even high level or experienced staff. On the whole the staff are great to work with.
Pros
Lots of benifits
Cons
Low pay