Play YouTube video button

Actuary2 reviews
United Kingdom2 reviews
Featured review
Wesleyan Assurance Society selected this as a representative review
I thoroughly enjoy being a part of the Wesleyan family. We have a fantastic team and as a business are moving in the right direction.

I'm really proud of the support we offer to our customers. Positive culture and great people.

Great city centre location and good facilities for those based in Birmingham.
Official response from Wesleyan Assurance Society
20 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It's fantastic to hear of the pride you feel when working here. We're also pleased to read of your thoughts around our culture and people - as it is this that drives us forward as business. Thank you!
Typical day: working on Excel either preparing for quarterly valuations or performing quarterly valuations. Ad-hoc tasks can come to us but mainly my role involves working on creating the liability side of my companies balance sheet.
Co-workers are great with a vast amount of experience to draw on. Everyone gets on well.

By in large management is fine, I disagree with the performance reviews and bonus impact that the company has however.

Hardest part of the job is balancing exams and work-life.

Most enjoyable is how much you can learn from rotation into new teams.
There is an attempt to ask employees about their opinions and for feedback on various areas. There always seemed to be more work than can be handled by the team available which may be a sign of having less staff than is required for the work. This in turn resulted in long hours even though there appeared to be no recognition of long hours worked which was demotivating and frustrating.
Pros
Employee opinions requested
Cons
Understaffed
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wesleyan Assurance Society?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wesleyan Assurance Society. Our community is ready to answer.
Wesleyan Assurance Society Reviews by Location