Wescot Credit Services

Wescot Credit Services Employee Reviews

Professional and supportive environment, like a breath of fresh air
Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow5 February 2020
I have been working in the Glasgow office for just over 8 months and have nothing but good things to say about Wescot. The training was thorough and delivered by a talented L&D team who have continued to be involved in the daily operation.

The work itself is fast paced but rewarding. I come from an outsource background and have been so impressed with the talent within Wescot from the consultants to the senior management team.

The support teams are fantastic, particularly the HR team who are based in the office and are readily available to support with guidance.

I am so glad I decided to join Glasgow Wescot as it’s a professional, friendly environment with the most supportive management team and BPMs I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
6 February 2020

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are pleased to hear that you are having a good experience during your employment with us.
We wish you a successful, continued career with Wescot.

Friendly Company with scope to develop quickly
Operations (Current Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow28 January 2020
Excellent friendly company who give you scope to work on your own initiative as well as working within your team.

Managers are approachable and encourage development.
Good atmosphere in the departments and success celebrated throughout all areas.

Calls can be difficult but this is recognised by Team Managers and excellent training given throughout.

Very sociable company who subsidise events and incentives which keeps good morale in the offices.
Pros
Salary and benefits ok, good incentives, good team working
30 January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review.
It's great to hear that your experience working with us is a positive one and is reflecting what we are all working hard to achieve.

Management vs You !
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow24 January 2020
Company has high turnover of staff, you will take very difficult calls and will be under consistent pressure to pass your calls and if you fail to do this management will monitor you and your place in the business until this changes.

Staff are only thing that kept myself here for so long, good company when I started here in 2015 however is now just another typical high turnover call centre
30 January 2020

Thank you for your review.
Our Glasgow office has been going through, and continues to go through, a period of growth within our Operations and Customer Consultant population. This is resulted in high volumes of recruitment, new colleagues joining our business and development and career progression opportunities for many of our colleagues.
Wescot has a very structured and supportive induction programme consisting of 4 weeks classroom based training, followed by a supportive 12 week grad bay programme where colleagues follow a glide path towards taking customer calls. During their early career, new colleagues receive 1-1 support to help build confidence and competence in role. Colleagues receive this support from a variety of sources - their Team Manager, Team Leader and SME's - highly experienced colleagues who can share their knowledge and provide support in role. Where we identify a colleague may be struggling, we ensure the appropriate support is in place to help that individual grow. We receive very good feedback on the support invested in our colleagues as part of our early life training.
We are pleased that you were able to build good relationships with your colleagues - we believe that we have a great group of individuals who work with us, all working towards the same thing and makes Wescot a great place to work.
We wish you every success in your future career.

Awful, depressing and dire.
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire16 January 2020
I would not recommend Wescot to anyone who has any ambitions.

Poor training, low quality equipment and the worst management in any place I've worked in.

Expect to be ridiculed and scrutinized in front of managers and fellow team members on a weekly basis.

Unsociable working hours and unrealistic expectations.

A very sad place to work with zero job satisfaction.

A warning to all: STAY AWAY!
21 January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are disappointed if this has been your experience.

Wescot work hard to ensure that all colleagues have the best possible opportunity to succeed throughout their career with us, and we aim to provide a supportive and positive environment for everyone. Our detailed Induction training takes place with each group of colleagues working with a dedicated Learning and Development Officer over the first four weeks of employment, and coaching and support continue well beyond this point as colleagues join our “Grad Bay” environment with a high level of coaching support to ensure they are confident and capable before they move across to join their permanent team somewhere between 3-6 months after joining us.

The quality of the interactions with our customers is extremely important to us, especially as we work in an industry that is highly regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, and therefore we do provide a high level of feedback on performance – both one a one-to-one basis and as part of a peer group to share knowledge - along with personalised coaching and support, to ensure that quality standards are maintained. We appreciate that some colleagues may find this level of interaction intense and so we work hard to ensure that all feedback is constructive and positive, with the aim of helping colleagues achieve their full potential. However, if you feel that the tone or frequency of the feedback you receive is inappropriate or biased in any way then we would be keen to discuss this with you so that we can understand where we might  more... be able to further improve our processes or management training. Please contact a member of our HR team for a further discussion in person or over the phone.

Whilst we accept that working into the evening is not convenient for everyone, we are very honest and upfront with all candidates regarding our working hours and their likely shift patterns when they are going through our recruitment process so they can make an informed choice about whether Wescot is right for them. Our opening hours are scheduled to suit client and customer needs and we offer a variety of shift patterns covering 8am to 9pm, Monday to Friday, with reduced shifts at weekends. As you will appreciate, many of our customers work full-time and the only time that they are available to speak to is in the evening or at the weekend.

We value colleague feedback and if you would like to discuss any of the points you raised in further detail then we would welcome a discussion with you so that we can continue to work towards making Wescot a great place to work.

Poor management, concerning policies
Customer Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Glasgow16 January 2020
Poor policies regarding health, physical and mental, have seen some be worked to exhaustion and collapse in office, others admitting they are drained mentally due to the job. No trust in their employees, everything you do has to be checked, eventhe simplest arrangement for Lloyds Banking Group.
Pros
Cons
Lots
30 January 2020

hank you for your review.
We are disappointed in your feedback as we take everyone's health and well-being very seriously and are not aware of any of the specific situations that you describe occurring in the office. Therefore we have been unable to address any individual matters that you describe. However, in general, we work hard to ensure a light and fun environment, in what is a challenging and rewarding role where colleagues are supported and recognised for their efforts.
We invest heavily in training and believe everyone comes to work to do a good job. However we operate within a regulated, financial services environment where we are helping customers with their financial circumstances and it is important that we get it right first time. As a result there are a number of checks that need to be completed, often peer to peer, on manual processes as any errors can result in detriment to our customers. This has no reflection on trust and colleagues have a lot of autonomy to do the right thing for their customer, based on the conversations they have, without scripting.
If you have any feedback or suggestions that you could provide directly, we would encourage you to participate in our colleague forums or speak directly with your Team Manager or our HR Department.
Kindest Regards,

Work here if you want to end up depressed
Customer Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull8 January 2020
Difficult job made harder by internal policies. Get ready to be ridiculed in groups of your peers when your calls are pulled to bits by trainers then your peers. You have to call production who are rude and unhelpful to ask permission to go to the toilet. Culture in teams is shocking, clicky and if face fits you will be ok. I wouldn't recommend working here to my worst enemy, there are far better places to work than here.
14 January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are surprised by your feedback and disappointed if this has been your experience.

Wescot work hard to ensure that all colleagues have the best possible opportunity to succeed throughout their career with us, and we aim to provide a supportive and positive environment for everyone. The quality of the interactions with our customers is extremely important to us, especially as we work in an industry that is highly regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, and therefore we do provide a high level of feedback on performance – both one a one-to-one basis and as part of a peer group to share knowledge - along with personalised coaching and support, to ensure that quality standards are maintained. We appreciate that some colleagues may find this level of interaction intense and so we work hard to ensure that all feedback is constructive and positive, with the aim of helping colleagues achieve their full potential. However, if you feel that the tone or frequency of the feedback you receive is inappropriate or biased in any way then we would be keen to discuss this with you so that we can understand where we might be able to further improve our processes or management training. Please contact a member of our HR team for a further discussion in person or over the phone.

We offer additional paid breaks during shifts (7.5% of your working day, in addition to your agreed lunch break) and these are scheduled by our Production Team to ensure that we have sufficient resource to meet our contractual commitments. Most colleagues use  more... part of their paid breaks for a “comfort stop”, however for brief toilet breaks if they are required outside of these times then it is not necessary to request them via Production. We are unsure where this misunderstanding has arisen and again we would welcome further information so that we can put this right.  less

Do not work here
Debt Management Advisor (Current Employee) –  Horwich1 January 2020
Been working here for 2 years I have seen staff come and go due to how they get treated by management it’s very bad.
worst company to work for. Biggest regret is starting this job here which gets worse everyday!
Horrible hours.
Nasty management team. Very unprofessional especially the male managers some of which sexually harasss women some who start relationships with advisors and then favourite them
Pros
No pro’s
9 January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review however we are disappointed to read the content. Wescot operates a zero tolerance policy on all forms of discrimination so we strongly encourage you to contact one of our HR Managers, in confidence so we can fully understand and address the concerns you raise.

In relation to working hours, these are fully disclosed throughout the recruitment process and we offer 3 variations of full-time contracts 35, 37.5 and a 40 hour contract. The working hours are 8:00am to 9:00pm Monday to Friday and 8:30am to 4:30pm on a Saturday, Customer Consultants have a 6 week rotating shift pattern covering the working hours.

We are really keen to ensure that each of our sites are a great place to work and that all colleagues have a good experience during their careers with us. We’re very proud that the Bolton site attrition level is well below the industry standard for call centres.

Really great atmosphere amongst call handlers but management was like a regime.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull6 December 2019
Managers or TLs moved me away from my close friends which made working late torture.
No autonomy on where you can sit! We're not cattle!
Other than that, because of the vetting process, most of the call centre staff were so lovely and caring.
Of course they made me sit with less sympathetic call staff and didn't allow me to move at all.
20 December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. The feedback we receive internally suports your comments regarding your colleagues, with the majority confirming a strong sense of team across all our offices and departments. We generally also receive really strong feedback relating to line manager respect and support.

We can't comment on the decision making behind your seating arrangements as all feedback is provided anonomously, so we don't know the decision-making regarding your specific situation. I can say this isn't the norm with colleagues generally sitting within their teams.

We wish you every success in your future endevours.

great place to work and engaging and supportive
I love working here and the people are important which matters. the opportunities are broad and my manager allows me to develop. fun times involving the teams being engaged and discussing how to move forward
20 December 2019

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that your experience working with us is a positive one. We might be biased, but we agree with you!

Good place to work but not not for everyone
Specialist customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Glasgow19 November 2019
Wescot is a fun place to work due to your colleagues who make the stress worth it however you are treated like a number and not as a person. You are also scrutinised at every turn. However for the wage you get as a specialist agent in the SEVI department the job is good and I would recommend it however I would plan of committing to making a career in Wescot only a stop along the way to finding somewhere you can make a career
20 December 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your time with us as we work hard to make Wescot a great place to work, where everyone's efforts are recognised.

We acknowledge your feedback on the scrutiny in role - we work within a tightly regulated industry where performance and conversations are driven to ensuring the right outcome for our customers. Unfortunatley, this monitoring is not something we can get away from, however it provides us with an opportunity to ensure ongoing coaching, support and relevant conversations are occuring with our colleagues.

We are sorry to chose to move on rather than building a career with us. Our Glasgow office has gone, and is continuing to, go through a period of growth which has resulted in a high proportion of our colleagues developing into support and progression roles. However we wish you every success in your future endevours and career. Kind Regards,

Productive and busy workplace.
ETL Developer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City Centre, Glasgow18 November 2019
Got on board during a crucial stage of a migration project. It was busy, productive and the staff both in Glasgow and Hull were friendly and cooperative.
19 November 2019

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that your experience working with us was a positive one. We wish you luck in your future endeavours.

Little recognition, senior management lazy and bullies
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire8 November 2019
I would highly recommend avoiding working at Wescot. They have caused a high number of great people to leave if your face doesnt fit with senior management. Bullying is wiped under the carpet and I am aware of at least 3 people that have had a breakdown due to how they were treated at Wescot.
Oppressive work environment with no recognition unless you are friends with sesior managers
13 November 2019

We were extremely disappointed to read your review and would strongly encourage you to talk to one of our HR Managers, in confidence, so that we can fully understand and address these allegations.

Wescot have a rigorous recruitment and selection process and we work hard to ensure that all decisions regarding promotions and development opportunities are based purely on merit and ability. We strive to provide a supportive environment for all colleagues; and allegations of bullying are taken very seriously and we would not want anyone to feel uncomfortable in the workplace. All our line managers have undertaken practical workshops on Diversity and Inclusion, and all colleagues undertake an annual Diversity and Inclusion training module. The values in this Policy are reinforced through the competency and behaviours section of our performance review framework, and through our Code of Ethics. We have a number of recognition and reward schemes in place for all colleagues and these are carefully managed through rigorous processes to ensure there is no bias or favouritism.

As Indeed reviews are anonymous, we would urge you to make contact with a member of our senior HR team as soon as possible.

Decent training and development
Mortgage Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Glasgow7 November 2019
This place is great if you want good initial training. There are many systems to learn about and you need to have focus and determination for this job.
8 November 2019

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that your experience working with us was a positive one. Your feedback is valuable to us and we utilise it in our ongoing drive to make Wescot a great place to work.

Bad. Just don't do it
Operational Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull31 October 2019
Favouritism, back stabbing.

Always having to hit target's

No help, always having a go at you for little things

Very very stressful.

It's not what you know but who you know that helps.
8 November 2019

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are surprised by your feedback and disappointed if this was your experience.

Wescot work hard to ensure that all colleagues have the best possible start in their new role by providing a minimum of three weeks specialist training, followed by a high level of on-the-job feedback, coaching and support that is both positive and constructive. The quality of the interactions with our customers, and the service we provide to them, is of the utmost importance; especially as we work in an industry that is highly regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We constantly strive to achieve the right outcome for every customer and therefore colleagues do have quality and production targets to work towards. As a business, we feel that these targets are reasonable and achievable, however we are sorry if you found them to be overly demanding.

Wescot strive to ensure that all colleagues are treated fairly, with all opportunities for development and progression being assessed through a structured approach to ensure against conscious and unconscious bias. We would be interested to hear further details regarding your final comment so that we can understand where we might be able to further improve our processes.

Finally, we are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with Wescot, and appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We would like to understand the issues you raised in greater detail and would invite you to contact a member of our HR team for a further discussion in person or over the phone.

Secure
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  Glasgow15 October 2019
At Wescot there is lots of coaching, training and room for advancement meaning there is always something to look up to. It offers a great wage for a call centre and management are top tier, could not be more helpful. A very easy place to work with a complex role.
Pros
Good pay, good management
22 October 2019

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that your experience working with us is a positive one. Your feedback is valuable to us and we utilise it in our ongoing drive to make Wescot a great place to work. We wish you every success in your continued career at Wescot.

Brilliant!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Glasgow10 August 2019
Having worked as Wescot for many years I could not fault them in the slightest! The people are great, great company and great opportunity for progression.
COACH (Current Employee) –  Glasgow20 June 2019
Wescot is broken down into four residences each with its own list of clients that they are hired to work on behalf of. Disclaimer: speaking only for my campaign and my colleagues within my department as no knowledge or interaction with others in different campaigns.

I have loved working for Wescot. I have joined at the beginning of a new campaign so I have had the pleasure of watching it grow and being a part of the systems development. That's not to say it was all sunshine and roses. As it was a new campaign it was also new systems being used as such bugs and glitches are inevitable followed by complaints from customers enough to make you want to pull your hair out.

Managers are approachable and understanding in my experience, willing to go the extra mile to help me when I had personal circumstances that required attention.

Colleagues are always up for a laugh, willing to help and there when you need a good moan. Work nights out are rare but do happen. I believe its more of a individual teams going out rather than the department as a whole.

Incentives are provided such as additional pay during Christmas for overtime. Department is also always having some sort of event to encourage production e.g. mini games, sweets and treats etc.

Its not perfect and still needs drastic improvement on its communication. Process updates are rarely received promptly (is currently being reviewed to be improved) and can be a bit like Chinese whispers to the point different team leaders can provide different courses of action for the same incident.

Overall a great company to work
  more... for.  less
Pros
shift pattersn, work life balance, good management
Cons
communication, system bugs, complaints
Goid pay but terrible management
Collections & Recoveries agent (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow2 June 2019
Having left over 1 month ago I did a leavers survey which asked if i wanted HR to contact me regarding the issues I brought up. I said yes, needless to say I've heard nothing. Hence why after 5 weeks im writing this review. If they had contacted me I wouldn't have felt the need to post this

From the offset this company promise you everything but deliver nothing. Training was ok, trainers were good but what let them down was the material, as at the time I went through training they had no live systems. So for lots of questions they had no answers. You were told wait and see, that really is very poor in a professional financial environment

You're told don't worry about call length, we want quality not quantity. Not the case, getting shouted at by senior management There's calls queuing, get a move on. Personally I just ignored them but other younger members took it badly being shouted at.
They say they are all about the staff, eh no they're not. All Wescot worries about his keeping their lucrative financial contracts and not the staff. You're a number and nothing else. You will fail a call if the person marking it doesn't agree with what you said or how you said it. They do also tell you if you do not agree on your call mark then you can appeal it. Well good luck with that. Depending on who marked the call then you have no hope of them even listening to it let alone remarking it.

Admittedly the management have a hard job as they report to senior management however they do not recognise when a good job is done. It's just wiped under the carpet.

The salary is actually
  more... not bad but when you have to jump through hoops for it then you sure work hard for it.

The shift patterns are doable however you just feel you are always in work and never at home. They will pick up on the fact you signed on seconds/minutes late but say nothing when you get held back on a call. Also to highlight if your shift is due to finish at 8pm and there are calls queuing you are not allowed to sign out. You are expected to sit there if calls are queuing. The lines are not closed till 8pm on the dot. If you do leave when calls are queuing you are spoken to by management the next day.

Unfortunately it is also if your face fits environment. Needless to say even tho I had over 20 years experience in the industry my face well and truly did not fit.

If you're off sick you only get paid 5 days sick in the 1st year, youre totally gubbed if your really ill. No sick pay after that tho you do get SSP but only after day 3 of being sick

I understand that Wescot is in it to make money but at the end of the day staff are human and should be treated as such. Respect is expected by management but they do not show it to staff. It works both ways, maybe this is why so many of the good/talented and devoted staff have now left and many many others are also looking to leave.

I know HR do read these reviews and reply to them asking the employee to contact them to discuss the points raised. If Wescot is in any way interested in discussing with me the points I've highlighted then please leave your contact details in your reply. it is Wescot after all.
Pros
Good location, salary was ok
Cons
Poor management, not being respected
17 June 2019

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that this has been your experience and we do indeed take all feedback on-board and apologise for not being in contact sooner. Could I ask you to make direct contact via return email from your Exit Interview invite along with your availability and we can arrange a time/date to discuss your feedback further.

Think twice..and then give it one more thought.
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Hull30 May 2019
A typical day at work is relentless abuse from customers and criticism from management. Constant and repeated reviews, 'feedback' and contradiction. Hardest part of the job was attaining a call score from your team leader that was not laced with criticism; everything is a potential fail. Call scores = Call quality. Call quality = Job security. Feedback = Criticism. Unbalanced.
Workplace culture is clicky. Most enjoyable part of the job were the rare occasions that a customer actually appreciated the help you gave them.
Note; not all smiles are genuine.
Pros
Salary, colleagues.
Cons
Almost everything else.
12 June 2019

In response to the points you have raised, we truly do endeavour to provide every employee with feedback, coaching and support that is both positive and constructive. The quality of the calls and the service we provide to our customers is of upmost importance; especially as we work in an industry that is highly regulated by the FCA. We always strive to achieve the right outcome for every customer we interact with, so to allow us to constantly improve we audit a large number of our calls on a regular basis. Feedback, coaching and training are provided on a regular basis to help each call centre agent grow and improve as they progress their career with Wescot. I am sorry that you feel the feedback you received was criticism; we will take this feedback point on board.

None of our employees should have to deal with abuse from customers and therefore all are advised to either escalate abusive calls to a manager or provide the caller with a warning before terminating the call. I am sorry that you feel your calls were constantly abusive, this certainly isn’t the case and in fact we continually receive extremely positive feedback and praise from a large number of the customers that we speak to. I am glad you have noted that you did; on occasion, receive direct positive feedback from the customers that you spoke to.

The culture in our workplace is something we constantly focus on so that every employee looks forward to their day at work and interacts at all levels within the business where required. I am sorry that you felt the culture was clicky; that isn’t the case for our other  more... employees from the results of our recent employee opinion survey.

We are sorry that you feel this way about your overall experience as a Wescot employee and we appreciate you taking the time to provide your review. We would of course be happy to discuss the points you have raised face-to-face; so should you wish to do so please contact our HR department.

Great place for progression and job satisfaction
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hull City Centre, East Riding of Yorkshire16 May 2019
Overall a great company to work for with great benefits. There are good progression routes if this is something you want to do within the business.
The satisfaction comes from speaking to customers and dealing with their account accordingly. The training provided is thorough and learning on the job is a given due to the nature of the business.
Worked here for several years, and it has had it's ups and down, but this is to be expected with any work.
There are extra curricular activities, such as NVQ's, that the business provide, to help and support personal growth.
Pros
Great rewards programme, approachable management, good salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wescot Credit Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Wescot Credit Services Reviews by Location