Wellers Accountants Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good employer, but getting even better
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire8 August 2017
Wellers have been very good to me. I started very young at the firm and once qualified they let me take a sabbatical to go and see the world and kept my job open when I returned -it just goes to show that they are wanting to retain good members of staff who buy in to the business and work hard. I have also relocated and they have accommodated that so I can continue to work with them.

Would I have said it was perfect 8 years ago when I started - no, but now things are improving and continuing to improve for the better.

They have supported me through my studies and have given me a great career and I am sure many others would say the same as me.

There is such a good working environment and a young exciting firm. Don't get me wrong you won't see eye to eye with everyone but on the whole it is a good atmosphere and I certainly don't dread going to work. The people at Wellers are what makes it such a success.

Being an accountant is not the easiest of jobs and so you have to ackonwledge that it will be busy at times and pressured.
Productive & Friendly Workplace
Trainee Accountant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London18 July 2017
A very good company to work for, everything discussed and promised in the interview process has not only been delivered, but has been tailored to my own individual needs.

The company set up is good, with all colleagues very approachable on any subject. There is no divide between partners/managers and trainees with everyone happy to help if they can. The work is challenging and there can be lots to get through, but you are given help and advice throughout. Organisation of your own day is key to remain on top of things.

A good, positive work culture, with events going on after work most evenings too. Sometimes when things become very busy it may be hard to get a manager to explain something to you, but other colleagues are always around to help when this is the case.
Pros
Office Culture
Cons
Backlog when clients do not deliver
Great place to work if you're hardworking and enojy responsibility
Trainee (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire3 July 2017
I have enjoyed my time at Wellers so far and I am excited for the future.

There is a great oppertunity for growth if you take responsibilty of your own work load.

The managers are absolutely great at training, however during busy periods it can become difficult.
Pros
Office environment
Cons
Decision making can be inconsistent
Apalling organisation
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire29 November 2016
They have absolutely no loyalty to their employees- expect a lot but will give nothing in return. A very demotivating place to work run by incompetent people. Staff turnover is high... That speaks volumes.

The long term managers are extemely knowledgable and supportive but the firm is completely let down by the people at the top.
Pros
A young, fun office
Cons
Dysfunctional partnership
Overall a dissatisfying job
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Oxford11 June 2015
Very poor office morale, training was non-existent with some management as they seemed too stressed or busy to give support, most other trainees felt the same and overall job dissatisfaction, constant favouritism from management.

Good technical knowledge amongst management.
Fun Workplace
Assistant Accountant (Current Employee) –  Client Services29 June 2014
A typical day at work will be checking emails, process data, complete timesheet and respond to queries.

Learnt a lot about Personal Tax, Financial accounting and Management accounting. Broaden my mind set being versatile and able to manage different clients within different industries.

Management keeps the staff informed on the progress of the company. Giving us monthly statistics and also sending us for training to develop our skills. Team building during Wellers day out.

Family orientated working environment, co workers love after hours socialising.

Challenging part is avoiding back log by meeting up with your deadlines. When, clients do not deliver data on time.

The most enjoyable part learning new skills in a quite atmosphere, entailed with light jokes.
Pros
Free after hours drinks, learn new skills
Cons
avoiding backlog when client do not deliver data on time.