Wellcome Trust Employee Reviews

Great for the well being of the Staff and all employees
Interim - Head of Soft FM and Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Euston, Greater London28 December 2018
The most productive, nicest, smartest, thoughtful management and colleagues that I have had the pleasure to work with and for. A beautiful building facilities management is unrivalled.
Pros
Reduction cost for all food and beverages
stressful enviroment
Team leader/Events Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Euston Square Station4 July 2018
Currently working for this company and so far it has been the most stressful job that I have worked in.

not only do you have to do your job, but also do other peoples job since they don't know what they're doing.

I was promised many things before joining the team for example, promotion they told me there are many opportunities to grow within the Wellcome Trust Foundation, but all that has happened is my workload being increased and my pay remaining the same.

my social life is practical nil, since the working ours are basically all day until 10pm. have no time to go out or anything.

overall not a fun place to work at
Productive and new experiences
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire17 June 2018
Great company. Loved everyone. The professors and lecturers were very helpful and kind. They taught us new things thoroughly and took their time. The PhD students were also very nice.
Pros
Free courses
Good opportunity
Data Entry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Euston17 January 2018
This work placement gave me useful experience which should benefit me in the long run if I decide to work in this field. I particularly enjoyed helping customers with disability’s as I can relate to their struggles!
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Unpaid
Great organisation
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 January 2018
- Excellent working conditions
- Great people
- Amazing benefits e.g. pension, annual leave, subsidised restaurant and cafe, parties, bar, gym
- Can be a disconnect between senior management and middle management
Pros
Pension, annual leave, subsidised restaurant and cafe, parties, bar, gym
Cons
Can be a disconnect between senior management and middle management
wonderful environment to work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London,Euston18 January 2017
Wellcome Trust is a charity that strives to find cure for incurable diseases by funding research. The Trust was voted one of the best places to work in 2016 .
Good benefits, good labs
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge8 January 2017
I would just like to apply for jobs on this website and not review my current employer.

However since I am being asked to. There are great lab spaces where I work, good people, coffee and good team work. I have had opportunities to go to conferences and present back to the team. Generally staff are friendly and sociable.
Pros
Paid weekend work
Cons
Weekend work
Some great aspects
IT (Current Employee) –  London11 July 2016
The Wellcome Trust has some great ideas to work towards but let's itself down with the Senior Management constantly changing so making any change or driving business forward is always moving so defining any strategy is very difficult,

Some of the work is repetitive and does feel like it's based back in the early 90's but on the plus side, everybody is nice and everybody wants to help.
Pros
Free gym and cheap lunches
Cons
Old style of working and repetitive work
Very satisfying organisational work
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  London Euston Road23 November 2012
Mostly my role involves managing a team of 12 officers covering two sites. Thae sites are full of academics who can be a handful to deal with.
Pros
good employers
Cons

Want to know more about Wellcome Trust?

Ask a question