Wellcome Sanger Institute
Wellcome Sanger Institute Employee Review

Very nice environment

16 June 2015
I am part of a small and productive team and we work closely together, bouncing off ideas and solving problems for the scientific teams. Our job is to support the scientists concentrate on their research, by taking everyday problems away from them, giving them advice and putting them in touch with the right people. My remit is varied, which makes my job interesting. I particularly enjoy planning for a big job, such as a relocation or a building project. I have learned a lot about working in a lab, from working in one myself and being involved in lab refurbishments. The Institute has been very good for me and I have been able to progress during my time here. However, I am not enjoying the current rate of growth of the Institute, as I feel I am losing the close relationships I was able to build when there was less people.
10 April 2020
Same location
Research Assistant (Former Employee) - Hinxton, Cambridgeshire
Working for Sanger as a whole was a enjoyable experience. New skills are taught rigorously and the management is supportive of developing skills in line with the role.
16 December 2019
Research Assistant (Former Employee) - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Workplace was very relaxed. My line manager was very understanding in helping me learn the daily flow of experiments and getting used to lab work. Excellent place to work (on-site gym & good social activities).
12 November 2019
Research Assistant (Former Employee) - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Nice environment, beautiful grounds, good pension and beneifits at work such as paid holidays. However, the pay is low compared to other institutes, lack of ability to voice opinion to managment, managment seem to 'work' from home often or rock in half way through the day and chat instead of do any productive work.