Wellcome Sanger Institute
Wellcome Sanger Institute Employee Review

Not my happiest work experience.

25 September 2018
This job did not last long and was not my most recent employment. I can only assume that the request to review it is a random selection from my CV. The Sanger Institute is an incredible organisation that does the most amazing work, but is perhaps not the most comfortable place for people without a very strong scientific background.
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Beautiful environment
Cons
Not the best place for non-scientists
10 April 2020
Same location
Research Assistant (Former Employee) - Hinxton, Cambridgeshire
Working for Sanger as a whole was a enjoyable experience. New skills are taught rigorously and the management is supportive of developing skills in line with the role.
16 December 2019
Research Assistant (Former Employee) - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Workplace was very relaxed. My line manager was very understanding in helping me learn the daily flow of experiments and getting used to lab work. Excellent place to work (on-site gym & good social activities).
12 November 2019
Research Assistant (Former Employee) - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Nice environment, beautiful grounds, good pension and beneifits at work such as paid holidays. However, the pay is low compared to other institutes, lack of ability to voice opinion to managment, managment seem to 'work' from home often or rock in half way through the day and chat instead of do any productive work.