Well Employee Reviews

Worse company ever
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire9 September 2018
I worked here as a delivery driver for 4 years now and I've left. The pressure is unbelievable the stress is off the scale you get no support off your manager at all 3 times I asked him if he could help with situations and 3 times it was like he was only going throu the motions rather than wanting to effectively help. Customers definitely do not come first they consistently cut driver hours down I started at 35 hours a week and got cut to 25 hours which is not enough when you cut hours but continue to increase work loads some pharmacist are rude and obnoxious not wanting to help one bit. There is no training what so sever you get put right into the deep end and expecting to do it to a reasonable level if you make a mistake they get rid of you immediately without investigating the reasons why that mistake happened and giving then support and training to make sure it doesn't happen again . I can go on and on all day about how bad this company is to work for but my advice is stay well+ clear of this company
Pros
Cons
Everything imaginable
Productive and a very friendly place of employment
Pharmacy Dispenser (Current Employee) –  United kingdom15 August 2018
I have worked within the same pharmacy for 15 years, there are ample learning opportunities,and many ways forward to enhance your career, area managers are very supportive ,any problems that may arise within the branch there is always help at hand, teams are encouraged to be productive, and help push the way forward, they are always to here about new ideas from there staff , they tend to make you feel part of the company, and not just another employee!!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Hours are not available for my needs
gained the best experience possible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham26 July 2018
During this work, I learnt the importance of stock taking and team work. This work gave taught me to value every experience as it gave me confidence, perseverance and motivated me personally.
A typical day at work entailed stock taking and managing customers needs.
This is an appalling company
Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline15 July 2018
This truly is the worst company ever ! It's such a shame as the good staff are so overwhelmed and now can't cope with the ridiculous workloads.
RDM'S have no idea of how a pharmacy works. . Organisation is poor and expectations are extremely high with no recognition of your hard work. Highly understaffed and they just expect everyone to pick up the pace and get on with it. It's all about targets and they are trying to push great customer care but don't give you the staff so you can give time to give the customer care the customers deserve. They think nothing about spending money on glossy posters,books,mystery shoppers and locum pharmacist's that charge £100 an hour rather investing in their very outdated and poorly equipped shops with unachievable targets. They massively invested in a central pharmacy that is not working and are now cutting back on staff to pay for this investment. They are now heading towards custoners paying for deliveries.Patients are put at risk every day due to the very stressful environment and trust me the managers don't care. The pharmacist's and staff are leaving in their droves and are not getting replaced. Ask yourself why ?
My advice is save yourself the stress and read the reviews before considering working for this diabolical company.
Pros
Free cheap tea and coffee ... yippee ! Met some really nice people
Cons
The whole company
Amazing experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 June 2018
- friendly
- productive
- was given the opportunity to witness a variety of tasks
- the environment and staff was really nice to work in.
- I was able to learn new skills.
Pros
Really nice staff
working day.
Accredited Checking Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham17 June 2018
Down load EPS prescriptions, print them out. Claim the previous days scripts. Put order away. Dispense scripts downloaded previous day.

Work pressure is great and stressful, work load is increasing but staffing levels are decreasing.
Horrible company
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rotherham16 June 2018
Worked with well for 8 weeks before leaving. Plenty of experience within pharmacy’s and this is the worst company I’ve ever worked for. Rude backstabbing staff, understaffed, management with no pharmacy background, well training ok but no time given to do it. They expect you to know the ‘Well’ way of doing things as soon as you start. .... could go on n on but basically don’t waste your time applying.
Pros
Flexible working if you have children
Cons
Lots!
Horrid place to work
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wales13 June 2018
The training is AWFUL, they say they will give you the full support and training to earn your qualification but they do not. You ask for help and the staff will roll their eyes or walk off in a huff as if they have no time to help you. You are not treated like a human being what so ever.

The management is very very poor, the staff selected to work here are clearly not thought out enough, no people skills what so ever and will not hesitate to talk behind your back. Avoid this company at all costs!!!
Don’t do it
Pharmacy Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Wickersley Rotherham12 June 2018
Just don’t go for a job here. I used to work for co-operative pharmacy from 2010 and it was an amazing job......that was before it was took over by Well. They run off hardly any staff and try to tell you you are over staffed. Management don’t care and push targets upon targets on you and if you don’t meet them you are in the wrong. Customers get fraustrated with you because of constant changes. Just avoid end of!! I worked there until jan this year and it’s the best decision I ever made leaving.
Massive Letdown
Product & Pricing (Former Employee) –  Castlefield, Manchester10 June 2018
Gave up a great job to go work for Well. Had a medical issue occur and basically got managed out for it and lost everything. The handover and training I received was mashed at best but I was expected to be an expert on files and processes that people with years service didn’t know.

I joined Well because of my local Pharmacy team who are amazing but sadly it wasn’t the case for head office employees.
Pros
Nice Location
Cons
Poor management, lack of training, no understanding, poor treatment of staff. To name a few.
Standard Workplace
CO-OP Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire5 June 2018
Very Standard work place. No benefits. However job was good for me at the time, but now i am due a change of place. i have enjoyed working there very much in the past.
well as a work place
Pharmacy Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol30 May 2018
the begining of working for well pharmacy was brilliant , the people and the job was great, towards the end of me working for them the management changed for the worse
Do not apply.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  North East26 May 2018
I've worked in pharmacies for over 10years both as a locum dispenser and as a full time dispenser. All I can say is if you value your time, sanity or morals avoid working for these clowns at all costs. No care for patients, staff or procedure. RUN.
Pros
Individual members of staff are great, anything above store managers are absolute cretins.
Cons
Staff morale is below zero & customers hate the service.
Thrilling to experience the world of work
Assistant Stock Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manchester17 May 2018
Being 14, nearly 15, i was scared to think what life is like beyond a high school classroom, however this was a very good experience into working life. People around me helped me get settled in on the first day, i was taken to watch and participate in a Stock Count in Blackpool at one of their branches on the second day, and was able to navigate myself around Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access within the next few days.
Pros
Close to the city centre, very modern and “family” feel.
Cons
Finding a random seat to use a computer on in the morning. No fixed desks for people.
Use to be a good place to work but not anymore
Pharmacy Dispensing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ellesmere Port, Cheshire10 May 2018
Not the best company to work for . They don’t think about their employees . They expect to much with not much thanks in return. They keep coming up with new ways to improve the workplace but don’t ask us employees for any input
Pros
Cons
Short staffed and over worked
Awful company!!
Trainee Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire9 May 2018
AVOID!!! Horrible company to work for. Absolutely no care for employees or patients. Unbelievable workload and zero help from management. Was told I’d be put through my NVQ which never happened everytime I asked about this I was told you’re still not on the system. They just expect you to know everything and when you ask for help you get blank faces looking at your like you’re stupid. The pressure is ridiculous. There is no teamwork involved from my time everyone was out for themselves you had employees who thought they were better than others. Staff are rude to customers and extremely condescending. My time at well was horrendous and nobody seemed to be bothered. So so glad I don’t work here anymore... do yourselves a favour and work for a different pharmacy!
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything!!!
Branch manager (Current Employee) –  Scotland4 May 2018
I have had a great first year working with Well as a branch manager. My shop is very successful and has a great team, in fact this is also true of other shops I have worked in too. The business is well structured and there are lots of development opportunities. I have a positive outlook on my career and Well support people who try hard and make a difference. I find salaries to be higher than other pharmacies, however it’s the work life balance that really makes it worthwhile.
Pros
Feel valued and supported in my role.
Terrible Company
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom29 April 2018
A company which seems to have lost its purpose, of patient centred care. Targets and process first questions about quality are far and few between. Fear drives the teams, and false promises of progression.

It’s all about who you know rather than what you know.

Never felt so demotivated and unappreciated by the lack of positive culture within a company.
Pros
Inflexible working hours, high pressure, lots of targets
Cons
Lots of good staff, good training, helping the community
Not the best place to work
Dispensing technician (Current Employee) –  Grantham28 April 2018
I have worked for this pharmacy when it was co op
And in the past 14 yrs I have seen lots of changes
But since well took over it has got worse
We are all over worked stressed not valued
Hence why I am looking for a new job
The only thing that keeps me going at the moment is the girls I work with
Pros
Girls i work with
Cons
The whole company
Horrible company to work for
Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire28 April 2018
Id give this company no stars but it wouldnt let me .. worked at this company for 10years you are over worked under paid staff always leaving hours always changing stay well clear no one cares about you always making silly changes different rules for different people .. lies and secrets all the time make you promises they dont keep .. glad ive left horrible company horrible management too ..
Pros
No pros
Cons
No staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Well. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5