Well Employee Reviews

Worst company
Trainee counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saffron Walden11 December 2018
Please think before applying ive been at well for 8 weeks now ive been pushed out ... in my 3rd week i had a stomach bug so couldnt go in i only had 1 day off as luckily it fell on a friday so i had all weekend to get over it . In my 7th week my 3 year old daughter had to go to the doctors she had high tempreture no energy the outcome was awful , luckily the next day was my day off .i went back to work and got told if i have another day off they will take action .its appauling behaviour . You only get 3 seperate sick days then your out really ,well my children come first i went back in like normal the following week took another turn my partner was diagnosed with swine flu we had the paramedics out and basically i was 3 minuits late and yes in the moment of the the paramedics coming and having to leave my poorly partner i forgot to change into my work trousers i had smart jeggings on with my well tunic top my manager gave me the most disgusted look started having a go infront of everyone then decided to take me in the back asking me why im wearing jeans not allowed to wear them them i tried explaining whats happened at home she wasnt interested just stood there staring me down making me feel so belittled im a 30 year old she made me feel 10 again .she then took me into the consultation room where she asked why i was late then continued with the jeans even though she wears them she stood there shaking her head hanf on hip tutting i felt like leaving there but i didnt i stayed done my shift. that was it i was done please dont work for this company i was totally led into a faulse  more... sence of security she seemed so lovely but when it comes to real issues the company doesnt want to know its all about targets they treat you like a number basically they will hire anyone  less
Great salary, terrible Management
Pharmacist/Manager (Former Employee) –  Northern area of England27 November 2018
It is difficult to even know where to start with this review and I could literally go on for hours with my negative experiences at the organisation but I will be as succinct as possible. You get badgered by Area Managers to hit targets, and if you do not hit them you get threatened with disciplinary. Some targets are unrealistic and are calculated by the number of items you do, I do not know who does these calculations but whoever it is they have obviously never worked in a dispensary, but Management do not care in what you have to say. There was never enough staffing for the workload we did. You hear the same shpiel from every Area Manager so it is obvious they read from the same script. They make out as if its is not to do with profit when it obviously is so there are copious amounts of lies told to you each time. Any good suggestion they claim as their own when they go to their bosses. It is a factory rolling out prescriptions, but they mask it as if it is to do with patient care. One instance I remember when we had a few elderly patients pass away in the same week, who were on blister packs and on a lot of medications, we were upset that week and when the Area Manager came in and asked why items were down, I said about the patients who had passed away, the only thing the so-called Area Manager asked was "what have you done about it?" (In terms of recouping the lost items). I am so happy I am now in an actual Clinical role using what I learnt at University, with the support network to gain further qualifications etc and that I am not just a number in a business
Pros
Salary
Cons
Management, lack of support, immebciles at head office
Stressful and bullied
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chatham, Kent18 November 2018
Enjoyed working with the community lovely patients. High turnover of staff all they care about is targets not patients safety. No help with the NVQ 2 and they make you rush through it. Left the company after being transferred to another branch where the manager was a bully forcing roles upon you trying to intimidate staff with disciplinary action if you didn’t and incompetent to manage the staff and their rota which was changed 4 times in one week meaning you can’t plan your life. Overall not a nice company to work for.
Pros
Some patients were lovely a little discount nothing special
Cons
Do not apply if you have a decent work ethic
Technician (Former Employee) –  North East26 October 2018
What a terrible place to work. It’s such a shame that so many good employees are leaving. Your just a number and are totally replaceable. Constantly having to meet targets and struggle with minimum staff and being expected to reach maximum workload.
No better thought of the harder you try either. Pay is rubbish and the perks.... well I won’t even bother.
Cuts all the time and procedures changing by people who sit in offices who have never worked in a pharmacy.
Please don’t apply try somewhere else honestly I’m doing you a favour.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management
You qualified dispenser Yet never given chance to dispense .used as shop assistant.
NVQ dispenser (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire16 October 2018
Well pharmacy are unfair to part time dispensers
I was Part time & held NVQ in dispensing
However over the 3 plus year I worked at Well pharmacy
My position as part time member the manager insisted I look after counter & assist only customers ,I asked my manager on several occasions the need to dispense to keep up to date ,my request was laughed at saying that full time staff stay in dispensary.
My manager also gave holiday allocation dates to full time staff.
I was proud I passed the course to qualify as a NVQ dispenser
But unfortunately Well pharmacy did not enable me to practice what I had studying to be .
If you want to be dispenser the use Well to gain the certificate & move on quickly before Well management drain you of any enthusiasm you had when you first qualify.
The pay is poor plus always under staffed stress is to maximum all day every day & when things go wrong you be the scapegoat.
As all Well managers are bullies & only care about what they can get from you .
When you complain the reply is all all part job .
Pros
Gain NVQ
Cons
Poor prospects/ managers no ppl skill & discriminates part time again full time .
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester16 October 2018
I enjoy working for Well they are supportive and helpful, and give people a chance to progress.
They give you a balanced life between work and home. Would like to stay with them
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Its Only about the money for this company
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire4 October 2018
Has to be the worst company I've worked for.
Don't care about the staff at all, over worked staff no thank you and the managers dont listen to your issues. Its only about the money, staff and customers do not matter so take my advice and find a place where you will get treated right and get a thanks.
Worse company ever
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire9 September 2018
I worked here as a delivery driver for 4 years now and I've left. The pressure is unbelievable the stress is off the scale you get no support off your manager at all 3 times I asked him if he could help with situations and 3 times it was like he was only going throu the motions rather than wanting to effectively help. Customers definitely do not come first they consistently cut driver hours down I started at 35 hours a week and got cut to 25 hours which is not enough when you cut hours but continue to increase work loads some pharmacist are rude and obnoxious not wanting to help one bit. There is no training what so sever you get put right into the deep end and expecting to do it to a reasonable level if you make a mistake they get rid of you immediately without investigating the reasons why that mistake happened and giving then support and training to make sure it doesn't happen again . I can go on and on all day about how bad this company is to work for but my advice is stay well+ clear of this company
Pros
Cons
Everything imaginable
Productive and a very friendly place of employment
Pharmacy Dispenser (Current Employee) –  United kingdom15 August 2018
I have worked within the same pharmacy for 15 years, there are ample learning opportunities,and many ways forward to enhance your career, area managers are very supportive ,any problems that may arise within the branch there is always help at hand, teams are encouraged to be productive, and help push the way forward, they are always to here about new ideas from there staff , they tend to make you feel part of the company, and not just another employee!!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Hours are not available for my needs
gained the best experience possible
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham26 July 2018
During this work, I learnt the importance of stock taking and team work. This work gave taught me to value every experience as it gave me confidence, perseverance and motivated me personally.
A typical day at work entailed stock taking and managing customers needs.
This is an appalling company
Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline15 July 2018
This truly is the worst company ever ! It's such a shame as the good staff are so overwhelmed and now can't cope with the ridiculous workloads.
RDM'S have no idea of how a pharmacy works. . Organisation is poor and expectations are extremely high with no recognition of your hard work. Highly understaffed and they just expect everyone to pick up the pace and get on with it. It's all about targets and they are trying to push great customer care but don't give you the staff so you can give time to give the customer care the customers deserve. They think nothing about spending money on glossy posters,books,mystery shoppers and locum pharmacist's that charge £100 an hour rather investing in their very outdated and poorly equipped shops with unachievable targets. They massively invested in a central pharmacy that is not working and are now cutting back on staff to pay for this investment. They are now heading towards custoners paying for deliveries.Patients are put at risk every day due to the very stressful environment and trust me the managers don't care. The pharmacist's and staff are leaving in their droves and are not getting replaced. Ask yourself why ?
My advice is save yourself the stress and read the reviews before considering working for this diabolical company.
Pros
Free cheap tea and coffee ... yippee ! Met some really nice people
Cons
The whole company
Worst job I’ve ever had
Dispensing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife8 July 2018
Terrible bahaviour from mangement and pharmacists that make every day stressful and tense. I would not advise anyone to work at any well pharmacy in the Dunfermline area I have heard that pretty much all of the shops are run this way. The company in general seemed only interested in cut backs and meeting targets compared to other pharmacies. I work for Llyods now and on the opposite end of the scale it is the best job I have ever had.
Pros
I earned 2 pharmacy certificates
Cons
Everything else
Amazing experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 June 2018
- friendly
- productive
- was given the opportunity to witness a variety of tasks
- the environment and staff was really nice to work in.
- I was able to learn new skills.
Pros
Really nice staff
working day.
Accredited Checking Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham17 June 2018
Down load EPS prescriptions, print them out. Claim the previous days scripts. Put order away. Dispense scripts downloaded previous day.

Work pressure is great and stressful, work load is increasing but staffing levels are decreasing.
Horrible company
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rotherham16 June 2018
Worked with well for 8 weeks before leaving. Plenty of experience within pharmacy’s and this is the worst company I’ve ever worked for. Rude backstabbing staff, understaffed, management with no pharmacy background, well training ok but no time given to do it. They expect you to know the ‘Well’ way of doing things as soon as you start. .... could go on n on but basically don’t waste your time applying.
Pros
Flexible working if you have children
Cons
Lots!
Horrid place to work
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wales13 June 2018
The training is AWFUL, they say they will give you the full support and training to earn your qualification but they do not. You ask for help and the staff will roll their eyes or walk off in a huff as if they have no time to help you. You are not treated like a human being what so ever.

The management is very very poor, the staff selected to work here are clearly not thought out enough, no people skills what so ever and will not hesitate to talk behind your back. Avoid this company at all costs!!!
Don’t do it
Pharmacy Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Wickersley Rotherham12 June 2018
Just don’t go for a job here. I used to work for co-operative pharmacy from 2010 and it was an amazing job......that was before it was took over by Well. They run off hardly any staff and try to tell you you are over staffed. Management don’t care and push targets upon targets on you and if you don’t meet them you are in the wrong. Customers get fraustrated with you because of constant changes. Just avoid end of!! I worked there until jan this year and it’s the best decision I ever made leaving.
Massive Letdown
Product & Pricing (Former Employee) –  Castlefield, Manchester10 June 2018
Gave up a great job to go work for Well. Had a medical issue occur and basically got managed out for it and lost everything. The handover and training I received was mashed at best but I was expected to be an expert on files and processes that people with years service didn’t know.

I joined Well because of my local Pharmacy team who are amazing but sadly it wasn’t the case for head office employees.
Pros
Nice Location
Cons
Poor management, lack of training, no understanding, poor treatment of staff. To name a few.
Standard Workplace
CO-OP Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire5 June 2018
Very Standard work place. No benefits. However job was good for me at the time, but now i am due a change of place. i have enjoyed working there very much in the past.
well as a work place
Pharmacy Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol30 May 2018
the begining of working for well pharmacy was brilliant , the people and the job was great, towards the end of me working for them the management changed for the worse

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Well. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4