Well Employee Reviews

United Kingdom259 reviews
I work for the coop
Well took over and changed the system

Cut the staff in half

Customers had to wait a week for there meds instead of 48 hrs

The staff were stressed

Working over time to keep up with demand

Then they don’t want to pay you

They expect you to take the time off

It was all about profit with no Carr for staff or cusy

When you are already
Pros
Staff and customers were great
Cons
Pressure on targets took over customers and staff
Terrible company always working short staffed. Forever pushing services customer's don't want, rather than spending more time actually helping customers, it's all about meeting unrealistic targets. Awful.
The worst company I have ever worked for. Well only care about targets !! Looking after staff and customers come way down the list. We had a fantastic team working extra hours trying to cope with demand wouldn’t pay you and Well cut hours and changed your core hours because work life balance means nothing to them. PLEASE DON’T MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID
Pros
Cons
Treat staff like dirt
I worked for well which was the coop when I started 13 years ago and the coop was a great company to work for. When well bough the company thing changed drastically, like taking holidays from us which we accrued over the years, their wasn’t a bonus for everybody.
The management are a waste of time, if you have a problem their is no help at all.
Good, it was enjoyable. I was able to access the job from various locations as there was abus route near by which allowed for easy travel. The job itself was simple and enjoyable.
Terrible , nasty , rubbish pay , over worked ! Just a all right terrible company all they care about is money not the staff wanna get rid of the older staff treat you like poo!
Rotten from the top down . Incompetent and unprofessional. Staff refused to do jobs leaving small number of staff to cope . Managers not interested in doing the job their title suggests . I’m in a great job now and can see that what I thought was normal was far from . I get reports all the time about how rude staff are to customers which is a disgrace as the pharmacy has competition in the town . Get yourself a proper job and avoid this like the plague !
Can honestly say i have never worked somewhere so badly manged in my life and this is after 25yrs in pharmacy.The management are a joke, they sit in their ivory towers discussing how to lose more hours in the shops, not caring about the stress they are putting their staff under.They could do with a week in branch to see what it is like .The managers are just bullies.glad im out of it.
Absolutely dreadful. Management are a joke...they need a week in a pharmacy to see how it works, not sat in their ivory towers moaning over budgets. Unfortunately cutting staff hours puts too much pressure on the staff left...and constant e-mails telling branches they are behind in the " league table " doesn't help..Avoid for your sanity.

I worked here for over a year as a pharmacist and the company has just gone from worse to horrific. Nothing about patient care and all about targets and profit. Company protects and supports useless and disruptive staff at a loss of their most valuable and educated.
Cons
This job was awful, unachievable targets, bad working conditions very stressful with no support.
Left this company with a complaint of bullying culture. Would never recommend anyone to work for well!
Cons
Low morale in stores and upper management that don’t care. Hours being cut so losing £5,500 a year and they think that’s acceptable, because the computer system time. Sadly that does not service customers give face to face advice on medication or other products..
Pharmacy manager was away we had a replacement cover until she came back, very stressfull and unorganised, i was constantly overloaded with work, lack of staff, felt so underpressure, nobody wanted to listen, always picked on, manager acted like she was all clever and knows better,. Weak management, the pharmacy is always picked on by the staff in the surgery, lack of personal skills
To many managers and only one new how to treat there staff that's why lots of people left easy enough but there % work rate was faulty as 2 days I was not well but managed ubove 82% then I was better and working faster but got a lower % rate something wrong there
I was lucky enough to work for well and got the job not knowing anything about working in a pharmacy. They taught me all I needed to know and put me through my NVQ 2. The team I worked with were accommodating, and was always happy to help, my manager ran a tight ship but was always fair and this helped to make a good team.
Working for well is a good atmosphere working environment.
Good people to work with

Good training facilities

Most of all the working hours is good to have
Management didnt care doesn't matter how much or how little you did they didnt care hated it management spoke to you like a piece of s##t the hiher you went they ganged up on you then pushed you out there are bullies
I worked for well for a very long time. I was left with no choice but to leave due to the lack of support from our new manager and her friend pharmacist. They are the most horrible unprofessional rude people i could have ever come across. They treat people with so much disrespect. Even higher management doesn't take on board any complaints so no point in voicing out. Horrible place to work in. Would never go back.
Well is not a good company to work for, and is far too much stress for the money offered. Staffing levels are continually being cut, resulting in a heavier workload and increased stress - and ultimately impacting patient safety. Upper management is particularly poor and unsupportive. I initially had a verbal agreement with my area manager to remain in a single store, then after a month I was relocated without any prior communication - only to be replaced in my original store. I was not impressed, and this was my reason for leaving.

The only positives were the colleagues in store, who were all very friendly, albeit very stressed.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
Upper management, stress levels, workload, pay
Although this company make lots of promises to their staff they are often very slow at fulfilling them unless it suits them. Low staffing levels and high stress levels are the norm unfortunately.
I loved my time at well-fed and learnt a lot about myself.

This was an interesting role. I had lots of different projects to work on and was never bored.
Pros
team work
Cons
long hours and unexpected plans