Welcome Break

Welcome Break Employee Reviews

United Kingdom218 reviews
lively workplace
fast passed lively envoronment where no two days were the same, always busy but fun. the salary was good for the job and company had good pension and staff discount/benefit schemes
Friends and family are welcome
The majority of staff are ever family members or friends and and the management don't know how to run their business although you do get lunch and free soft drinks
Pros
Free lunch and online benefits
Cons
Management are useless
I leant quite a bit but got disrespected too much
Welcome break probably the worst experience I've had from all the jobs I've had. Manager she was a good lady and also a few workers!
Assistant manager he loves showing authority and attitude, he randomly calls his workers in office to have a chit chat.The worst part was the service leader she was racist and spoke to me so rudely as if I was a servant. I'm so glad it was temporary job. Also my friend from another department was treated so badly he left.
You only advance in your career if they like you
You only advance in your career if they like you. You may be really good and have all you need to progress in your career, but if they don’t like you (if you don’t keep kissing their “boots”) you won’t progress at all.
Pros
Friendly staff colleagues
Cons
No life, if you have kids they won’t care, you need to be flexible for shifts no matter what.
Poor management esp site operations managers
Micro management and dictatorship is in full swing in this company. Staff is treated as slave and their rights are taken away from them. Place is full of bosses not leaders. Criticism is in full swing all the time. Their is even a control on staff meals which are part of the benefit. If your sick your told to take it as holiday or unpaid.
Boring
Personally, I found the job very boring, especially when its quiet. However I will say, the job was very easier. Perfect for someone who is looking for a part time job after just finishing school. However at the time, the wages were not very good.
Worst Company, do not apply!
Welcome Break is the worst company I have ever worked for. Higher management treats staff like rubbish, constantly criticised for our performance and never praised for dealing with busy rushes of customers. Higher management also threatens staff with their jobs for silly mistakes, constantly puts unnecessary pressure on staff and shift runners and again, has no respect for staff at all, most staff are miserable and unhappy due to a horrible work environment however this doesn’t seem to be a problem to higher management. Overall, disgusting company and wouldn’t recommend at all.
Worst place to work.
Worst place to work, salary its just ridiculous, guest service manager just thinking about herself, or her friends.I been asking to do my review to decide about my salary more than 2 months and excuses was ridiculous why my wages not going up. If u wish to spend all your life in job, do even nights for 8.21/h this job is for you.
It was fun place to work.
So, I managed to meet a lot of new people over there and also helped me advance in my career, thus I would say, the experience definitely did help me in the long run.
poor management
poor management. I hated working there, especially when you are dealing with people much younger than you (not even school leaving age) assuming the position of manager (not necessarily a big deal in itself), but talking down on you and disappearing when they see fit in order to talk to thier friends. The company culture is terrible: it is a 'sucking up to the superiors; culture which I could not stand.
Do not apply
Management is absolutely awful, no praise given ever, more bothered about competing with each other and acting like children. Hours are awful. New pay system which cuts your hours for you (not ideal). STAY AWAY
Interesting role
I enjoyed the job but decided to move back to Post Office after being approached to Manage the business for the owner who was impressed with my Post Office knowledge
cultural
There were many different people working at welcome break and it means that you are able to learn to communicate with different cultures and learn something about them. Also there would always be a new person coming to welcome break so you learn things from customers as well by having convocation with the customers.
Worst place to work!
This is the worst job i have ever had apart from an amazing store manager that recognized my efforts. Racism here is unbelievable and no one does anything about it. No matter how much you want to progress you will be unlikely to do so if you are foreign or a different race as everything is done behind the scenes and people with less experience will get promoted.
exciting
Lovely place to work with fantastic managers. Not flexible with working life different colleuges get priority over you with children, Only want to know you when you are able to work extra.
Good Place to work
I'm a previous employee who would go back. The hours were good, salary is low but the job was easy and made some friends. If you work hard and do the job you'll like it
Slow management
I was work at kfc. 2016 to 2019 i had a very bad experience with that people. Some people work like a group not like a team. Welcomebreak needs to look kfc specially before the kfc shutdown,because mostly people irresponsible.
Terrible
Very lazy unhelpful overweight management spend most of their time smoking or sitting in the office. Will force you to work every weekend/nights, cancel holidays at the last minute then lie about it! I am being forced to work on Christmas Day for minimum wage!

Will be leaving here ASAP
Pros
Free soft drinks
Cons
Low pay, treated very poorly, unhygienic working environment infested with rats
is not a nice company to work for.
Did not like the company did not pay well never had a wage slip all the time i worked for the company.waste of space and didnt enjoy the time i worked there
Good benefits
My boss was very professional and would always encourage me to advance myself, whether that'd be inside work or outside of work. I also received very good remuneration and good benefits also.
Poor culture
Taken over by public limited company Apple green since then all about bottom line
Staffing cut to the bone

Use to be all about the team and customer experience

All that has gone