Play YouTube video button

Wed2b Employee Reviews

United Kingdom82 reviews
Featured review
Wed2b selected this as a representative review
Working for WED2B is so rewarding and each day is never the same. The dresses are so beautiful and we are privileged to work with such an amazing product. The management team and company are so supportive in every aspect of the role and are always willing to help whenever needed. Training is so in depth so as long so you only need customer service and sales experience skills to be considered for this fantastic role which I was surprised you didn't need bridal experience. But with all the training provided they teach you everything you need to know! The company is growing day by day and I am excited to see where we go next :)
Wed2B is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for, management do not care at all about hours given to existing staff compared to new staff and are based on different things at different stores, there are monthly meetings taken with management and in those meetings they can give you criticism on things you CANNOT CONTROL it is an awful place to work.
When I started working there it was far more honest and relaxed but you are near enough forced into selling brides dresses or items they do not need.

Steer clear away from Wed2b the only good thing I found about working there are the girls I worked with (or should I say some of the girls I worked with) and the brides I served.
Pros
Lovely customers and a nice job to have
Cons
Horrible management and company is shocking to work f
I love working for this company. It's such a fun and enjoyable job which pushes you to achieve the best you can do. We have targets that we need to work towards which are easily achievable. The management team are amazing and definetly bring out the best in the team!
I've worked in bridal before and it's a passion of mine however I do not have many good thing to say about this company. I was supervisor and they wanted me to concentrate on the selling first before showing me supervisory duties then I had an advisory for and I quote my "resting b**** face" I never went back horrible management
I love working at WED2B . I was instantly made to feel welcome and was given a huge amount of training so I felt prepared for fittings . Management are really keen to get you in the fitting rooms so you can get loads of practice and always congratulate you after a sale which is amazing to see . The atmosphere is so fun and everyone is so supportive of each other . I love the company and everything they have created .
A typical day is helping brides find their dream dress, I learned a lot about the Bridal Industry and the training I received was direct from the training team which I thought was an advantage as staff who started after me were not given as thorough training. However after 1.5 years there is no progression. Management was not the best as there was always conflicts in store between them and other members of staff which lead to a toxic atmosphere. Work/life balance was tricky as rotas were always late being out, often only a week in advance. The most enjoyable part is actually fitting the brides, you are part of a special moment which is very rewarding but some of the targets are hard to achieve consistently all year round and when you are hitting them there is no recognition, it's just what more could you have sold. The hardest part was management and team morale. In hindsight l I wish I never accepted the job.
Honestly I wouldn't waste your time applying. Under paid massively for what your expected to do. Non stop disaplinaries and investigations. Targets constantly being moved and no rewards or thanks ever. Staff are all at breaking point which is such a shame as there is some amazing ladies within the company.
Pros
Cons
Bullied under staffed
Honestly save yourself happiness and do not work here. It’s degrading, 0 hours with bully’s making it up the pipeline. Management is horrendous, they bully everyone, the targets are acheivable- it’s all about sales sales sales rather than the brides. You have to learn a ‘greet’ script and say it word for word, you have to push the bride to buy all the accessories- underskirt, dress, tiara, hairpiece, veil, box and bag.. and lie about the costs and ‘put it through the till anyway’xx
Working at Wed2B was an absolute joy! Hard work is more than recognised and commended and although busy and fast paced it's a sales job-what do people expect?! You are always completely supported and guided by management team and sales and targets are more than achievable, just be willing to put the work in. I had the best time there with all the girls and was very sad to be leaving
I started work at Wed2b thinking I had landed the Job of my dreams. Little did I know that this was going to change very quickly.

The job itself as in fitting the brides in their gowns was so rewarding, listening to their plans and ideas for the big day was so interesting. But the pressure you were put under made it feel completely unnatural.

When in training for the job we were told the company did not hard sell and push things on the bride. This was completely untrue. We were forced to pressure brides in to certain hairpieces and even dresses that didn’t fit just to get a sale. Which made us (the fitter) look really bad and made us very uncomfortable in the fits.

If we gave our opinion on feeling uncomfortable with doing this we were threatened with records of conversation for being negative.

Every Saturday we had one to ones with the store manager which would result in having another thing to do while In a Fit forced on us and threatened with advisories for not complying.

The girls working along side me were absolute angels and I couldn’t of asked for better team members. We all had each others back and looked out for each other. (Luckily as nobody else did).

I have never suffered like this in a job before but after working here I was going home upset, angry and worried as my job was held against me constantly. To a point where i broke I could not take anymore of the nonsense myself and the girls were being fed daily.

The company does not care about your state of mind just that you do as they say. Numerous people are walking out of jobs from all different
 - more...
Loved my time at Wed2b. The company is forever changing and growing which is extremely exciting. The dresses are amazing, fantastic designs, quality and price. The store team and management were so supportive! You get excellent training and advice throughout your time in the business which helps you deliver your role. I loved every minute of my time there being motivated to succeed and progress
I worked for Wed2B for 2 years the only reward you gain would be to put a massive smile on a brides face and if your lucky a great bunch of ladies to work with that you form genuine friendships with.Training was ok and the business model is decent for the customers however, there is a high amount of unnecessary pressure for the sales advisors every thing that you say and do must be “Wed2B” they send out mystery shoppers to ‘check up’ on a regular basis you feel like you are not being trusted when you are trying to do your job and are expected to work like a robot.

During my second year working for wed2b i felt very stressed and unhappy working there due to various company changes,store issues and staff morale being terribly low ,the constant fear projected by management (who are seriously trigger happy) and what would happen if sales were low,top sellers would be praised but still always criticised for not selling extras and less successful sellers would be named and shamed, made to feel guilty and demotivated in-front of the rest of the team, i have been on the receiving end of being a top and bottom seller despite the extra help i gave back to the business such as running the store when the manager was off or when the store had no supervisors (yes they all resigned), doing excessive amounts of repairs all of my hard work was never enough they only care if you are making a lot of money. I went from wanting to progress to dreading coming into work.

The business expectations and the way management ran the store are responsible for the extreme staff turnover due to such
 - more...
One of the best jobs i've had. It is a KPI driven environment however the targets are very achievable and you get lots of support and catch up's with your manager. I love working with the brides and helping them find their dream dress. Everyone in the store is so helpful and supportive.
Great work culture. Such a unique business model that keeps you on your toes. No two days are ever the same. Management are amazing and really put the time in to progress staff. This is a sales job and business so there are KPI’s and targets to meet but these are very achievable and training is given to all staff to deliver the role. Having a target to meet keeps the role challenging and the team are all lovely and help each other out.
It is the same problem like the rest of the 42 stores that the company owns! Unethical business, harassments, bullying, threatening, belittling and much more from the management. Don’t you dare to complain or talk to the managers because if u do you will get disciplinary!
If you don’t force a bride to wear a veil or a belt, you will get a documented discussion which is as horrible as disciplinary. You will get documented discussion minimum 1 every 14 days to check ur progress based on everything from how u clean the toilets to ur personal KPI ALTHOUGH u don’t get any bonus for ur performance. I wouldn’t recommended even my worst enemy to work there so why would I recommend anyone to buy their wedding dress from there? Spare yourself the pain and look for work elsewhere because anywhere else is much better than working for WED2B
I came into this job always wanting to work for bridal and having that passion for the industry, and it definitely helps me in my job at WED2B. Having a job doing something you enjoy is definitely key and if you don’t have a passion for bridal, weddings or fashion you may not enjoy it here. It is the toughest job I’ve ever had, but that’s what makes it better than just a standard retail job. You are challenged with the brides that you dress in finding a dress that they want, using your knowledge of the company and stock to create an outfit that they will love and wear on their big day. Sometimes it can be stressful, and you may feel pressured, so if you can’t handle a high pressure environment this job probably isn’t for you. However, with that comes a lot of reward. Not only do you feel great when you get to be a part of a brides special day - especially when you’re the one who picks her dress for her, the company run regular incentives with rewards which creates a great sense of competition between consultants and stores. I have always felt supported by management at WED2B with my mental health and have had the opportunity to cut down and pick up hours whenever needed. I’ve made some friends for life at this store and there is always such a great sense of community within the girls that work there. If you want a standard retail job where you sit behind a till all day and you don’t get to connect with your guests, this isn’t for you. But if you enjoy building a rapport with guests and feeling like you’ve achieved something at the end of a day, it’s worth applying!
I work at Wed2B Bournemouth and I love it here. they help fit my hours around my university timetable.
My manager s always pushing me and making me a batter sales consultant. it is a lovely environment to work in everyone is lovely and you get to help brides find their dream dress and bring them happiness.

couldn't be happier with my job - the best job and management I've had.
I’m a current employee at wed2b, working as a bridal consultant while studying at university. I use work as my days off, as it’s such a fun environment. To be able to help brides find their dream dress, is the ultimate job!
Management wise, my manager is sensational. She is a constant support system and is an absolute asset to Wed2B. She constantly inspires us all, and has made us all fall in love with the company.
I am an employee at the Bournemouth store and I love my job. I am constantly being encouraged to improve so I can develop within my time here. The staff get along great and are super friendly. Management is superb can’t fault it I have been offered support when it’s needed, we’re spoken to as equals management genuinely wants you to improve your skills and knowledge to help with your career.
My job at Wed2B was great to start with. I mean, who doesn't want to make a bride feel like a princess for her wedding day? One of my main concerns about taking a job was that what would I do if my children were poorly and were off school, as I didn't have much support.
I was assured that it is such a child friendly company to work for as the owners have children. I could take time off regarding my children without any worry.

My child developed an illness after I had taken a job there. It was fine when I would call up to say I couldn't make it in because my child was ill.

On returning to work, without fail I would have a disciplinary.

The girls that I worked with were so lovely but we always seemed to get played against one another. It wasn't until we all left there that we realised this.

It is very pushy with sales, you had to aim for a 5 product sale with all of the accessories. If you just sold a dress you wouldn't get the praise. But, I guess it's a sales job.

I really wouldn't recommended working here if you have young children.
Disgusting management who make you feel like you can’t do job talk to you like your a dog all they care about is money money money not he employee you could have an amazing month but then have one bad day of no sales and you get punished like a naughty child your job is always threatened you are expected to work way over your contract sometimes unpaid never any thanks everyone hates working here