Wed2b Employee Reviews

No 2 days are ever the same
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  South Yorkshire7 March 2019
This is probably every little girls dream job - but in reality it is that and a little more.
Wed2B are passionate from the owners down about their business and our core values of value, choice, quality and design, enabling us at shop floor level to make a brides’ vision become reality. And as quickly as the company have grown in the 3 years I’ve been employed by them - we are still a family business at heart.
As most modern successful retailers we have our KPI targets to achieve, but ours are team based - creating a strong work ethos at every level and consequently a fabulous work place environment. Each store is beautifully designed with both the bride, their entourage and the team in mind.
If you want to climb the career ladder too - there are plenty of opportunities available, whether this be in store or at Central.

This is a job that will always make you smile at the end of the day and a Company to be proud to be part of.
Pros
Excellent work/life balance
Just awful management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  South West5 March 2019
I only worked at Wed2b for a short time and to begin with it was fab! My manager at the time seemed... ok, but very insensitive and lacking basic empathy. She only cared about sales and couldn’t care less about the staff... she didn’t seem to have any interest in building realationships.
The job it self is very rewarding at times but there is an emence amount of pressure to secure a sale, and if you didn’t, well my god you would know about it. There was a lot of managing people out of the business and 0 tolerance to any mental health absence and sickness. Everything about the job was fake, you have to tell the brides whatever it takes to ensure they left with a dress, I was told that if a bride had no intent of buying then to get rid and wrap up the fitting, it was seen as a waste of time. So if your shopping in Wed2b and they ask If you intend on getting your dress today, they are simply not interested in browsers and will hurry you out the door. Who wants to work for a company with these values... ? The supervisor role is more like an assistant manager role, you are very quickly thrown in the deep end with awful training. there is no room for error which results straight into disciplinary proceedings. The turnover of staff is crazy, I’ve seen the same supervisor role advertised 3 times since I left 6 months ago!
I strongly advise anyone looking to apply to rethink!
Pros
You get to try on the dresses
Cons
Bullying, discrimination, work load and values
Bully manager
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  England27 February 2019
I worked here for a short time and i must say that I loved it to start with. Dressing the brides, hearing their wonderful and crazy stories, however i quickly noticed i was a chosen target of bullying after they'd already forced four others out of work. It started with the manager and then some of the other girls i worked with. It was name calling, spreading rumors, blackmail and accusations. I can't count the times i came home crying myself to sleep and pushed into panic attacks because of the way I was treated. I was made to feel useless and incapable even though I would take the extra shifts tidy and make sure the dresses were clean as the other girls would stand speaking to the manager. I overheard a few times the manager making comments about me behind my back as i stood in the changing room helping brides into their dresses. I was made to feel very uncomfortable and when speaking to the other girls who were forced out of the job first they said simular things. A team should work together instead of singling a person out and bullying them. Also manager would call me on the holidays i had booked asking me to come in and treated me poorly when i declined. It gradually got worse after the manager found out about my mental health and used it against me. It honestly tipped me over the edge and even though I stood my ground, it finally resulted in me being forced to leave by the use of black mail. I will never step foot into wed2b again and when it comes to my time to choose a dress i probably will not go there as it brings back the upset this company caused not only me but  more... my family as they saw my mood deteriorate and depression sneak back.  less
Pros
Brides stories
Cons
Managers, bullying, ect
Nasty place to work
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire27 February 2019
I worked at the hull store for over two years they sell you the dream job but I can assure you it is not.
The management are bullies and extremely unsupportive when I told them about my mental health issues they wanted to strip me of hours and didn’t offer any support they offer better hours then take them away holidays are a nightmare and you are forced to ram sales down brides throughr telling them anything they want to hear.
Many people have left due to the stress of the work place however the girls who are not in management are amazing and never given enough credit for their hard work.
Don’t listen to the dream they tell you because in reality you won’t leave the job when you get home and you will be made to feel not good enough the best day was when I left this place and they are never loyal to their employees you will work so hard and there will always be something to pick on.
Pros
Good hourly pay
Cons
Awful environment
Best job ever!
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hull City Centre, East Riding of Yorkshire25 February 2019
I have worked for wed2b for a while now and I have to say from upper management down to store level every single person Is approachable, supportive and professional. I love my job as a sales advisor, advising brides on their perfect dress and making their special day complete. My management team Are so supporting and they will coach and guide me to the best of my ability. I aspire greatly to my manager and hope to one day move up the ranks once my little girl is in full time education. A great place to work
Pros
Great work life balance. Supportive management and I get to try on dresses :)
Cons
Fun, enjoyable and nice people
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  South East25 February 2019
Working at wed2b has been a really positive experience. I joined 2 years ago and have really come along way. I have been encouraged to push myself and have developed all sorts of skills- my confidence has grown and I have learnt alot about the real world- hard work pays off!
My manager is really helpful and supportive and has guided me. My dream is to work my way up in the business which I have seen other people do so i know there is opportunity and that they promote from within!
Pros
great product, nice team, good company ethics
Cons
Very difficult place to work if you are disliked.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yorkshire24 February 2019
It is with a somewhat heavy heart that I have to write this, but I’d like to tell the truth for other women applying for this job. As the majority of the other reviews say, bullying does occur on a daily basis if you are not liked by the managers at Wed2B, I was pulled into the office for chats that seemed power trippy and pointless mostly. The Supervisor would talk down to me in front of other members of staff and even worse, brides. You were expected to sell items that brides most likely don’t want or need, having to put accessories in the changing rooms before they had even tried a dress on, making it look untidy and easy to step on. You have weekly reviews, and are scolded if you miss one or two items during the week, it really messed up my physical and mental health working here, I was scolded for being ‘negative’ and thought I was going mad so asked friends and family if this is normal in the workplace and if I am being ‘over sensitive’ like I was told by the Supervisor. I wasn’t being this, I was being manipulated and bullied and I can’t believe that somebody hasn’t replied to any of these reviews? How can they sleep at night knowing so many women have walked away from this company so unhappy? It is such a shame as I thought I had landed my dream job, I also did work with some nice girls but it became so hard to know who to trust as you would have a day off and then people’s behaviours and attitudes changed. It’s true as well about the childish games and competitions they would make you do to be pitted against each other. If you have any concerns make you sure you don’t  more... approach management, this is when they start to dislike you if you raise any issue, it’s pathetic that instead of wanting to help or support you, they would rather just make it somehow seem your fault and brush it all under the carpet. I cannot state enough how much you should not waste your time in applying for this job. Look for companies that genuinely have duty of care towards their staff, as at Wed2B you will never have that unfortunately.  less
The most rewarding job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hull City Centre, East Riding of Yorkshire21 February 2019
From the first day of training I knew this was the perfect role for me. After working In retail management for over 20 years and wanting to turn my back in the retail world I found wed2b. Their business model is perfect and executed flawlessly. A company where you feel valued and not just a number. One team one goal is the attitude and I love getting up and going up work every day.
Pros
Rewarding, oppprtunities for growth, one team one goal
Great place to work :)
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside16 February 2019
Working with brides on a daily basis is great fun, helping brides find their dream dresses- and then trying them on yourself to get a feel for the dresses and how they feel on the body.
The company offers plenty of progression and training courses to take part in to help develop work related skills.
Management is really supportive and encouraging and give great training for new starters with Wed2b academy. This is a brilliant training programme which has really helped me understand the job.
The team is a fantastic group of girls who are really passionate about the job and enjoy what they do- and now after some difficult members of staff have left its such a pleasurable place to work!
Best job I have had
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  South East7 February 2019
I am still employed by WED2B and am thankful for the opportunities I have been given. There is a high standard which i thrive on and I appreciate how under performing staff are managed. I have worked in places before were everyone gets treated the same if they are great or poor workers. I feel appreciated for the hard work I put in, I have been developed and progressed from a weekend role to a more senior position and have had access to amazing training.
A great place to work if you want progression, development and hard work. Not for you if you have a low work ethic and just want a lazy day job.

Join the team and you will have an amazing time!
Pros
Amazing customer, beautiful dresses, nice working hours
My best job by far
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire3 February 2019
I can honestly say it’s one of the most rewarding and exciting jobs I have ever had. There are so many opportunities within the company to be apart of so much.
The management I have come across have all been lovely and if you have a willingness to learn and give excited brides your best then you are rewarded. Some days can be longer than others but that’s the nature of the business. I’ve had opportunities to visit stores all over the UK and I’ve even had the opportunity to move with my job. There’s never a dull day and working with such luxury items is an experience in its self.
The owners are lovely and it’s so great that you get the opportunity to meet them and be apart of making the company better. All regional management are supportive and listen to concerns raised. They are considerate and understanding in every situation. Everyone works hard but unfortunately there are staff that don’t share the same values as many of us in the company which can be forever draining however almost everyone in the company are friendly and share the same passion for brides and customer service.
It’s a forever growing company which is nice to be apart of and I think if your hard working , driven , willing to learn and love to give great customer service then you could do wonderful things within the company. Both managers ive had have been amazing and I’ve learnt so much it’s definatley helped me in my career and as a person. It’s nice to wake up everyday excited to work instead of being filled with dread.
Pros
Great opportunities, good pay, helping make brides dreams come true, holiday can be booked over Christmas
Cons
Staff who don’t share your work ethic
Loved my job!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  South East1 February 2019
I loved my time at WED2B. They are passionate about developing people and there are lots of opportunities.
Standards are high but this is definitely more of a sales job than high street retail. if you are expecting to just chat to customers and put dresses on brides this may not be for you. But if you want to challenge yourself, sell, are motivated and driven to succeed you will love it!
best place i have worked - left as i moved but sad to go and was amazing to see the company grow!
Pros
amazing customer, beautiful dresses, nice working hours
0 stars!!! Do not work here!!!
Bridal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside30 January 2019
Worst place I have ever worked in my life! 1 weeks training by awful and unstable supervisors and then expected to find brides their dream dress with hardly any knowledge and was encouraged to lie about where the dresses are from and the material etc. Manager was never there always in other stores then would just come back to mess up rotas! Bullying occurred on a daily basis and favouritism towards staff members. Supervisors would be nice to your face and then you’d catch them taking about you, if something went wrong they would blame other members of staff. Absolutely the worst place to work wouldn’t recommend to anyone!!
Pros
Absolutely nothing !!
Cons
Everything !!
Worst company I have ever worked for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea30 January 2019
The most incompetent company that I have ever worked for, management are raised by HR as bullies. the actual job was lovely, but when it came to management the disregard for mutual respect is appalling. I had encountered more than one manager, as stores often swap around for cover or support, and through that time only one manager I met was nice.
You are watched through a microscope, management scurry off to their offices to chat on the phone to other incompetent managers whilst leaving staff to fend for themselves, standard advisors are expected to do far more than our pay grade. Not only that, but the founders of the company (who are a couple, or also known as the terrible two) have unrealistic standards and expectations for their staff throughout the company; called in sick? Advisory is given. Seem like you’re not selling enough? Advisory is given. Late by 2 minutes? Advisory given. Didn’t lick the floor clean? Advisory given.
Advisories and record of conversations are handed out like sweets, you are belittled and scrutinised and NEVER praised. I had a very good sales record but I was told I still hadn’t tried hard enough. I’m sure the company are a massive fan of The Hunger Games as they constantly try to get you and your collegeues to fight for ‘prizes’ in childish incentives, management make themselves seem untouchable so it’s no wonder they don’t become a true part of the team, and when that happens management will make every effort to split you apart from your friends/colleagues.
You are expected to live and breathe Wed2b, they want you to dedicate your entire life
  more... to it and still expect more, I do not right this from a place of bitterness, but as a warning to others who are thinking of joining the company, don’t waste your time. I can safely say I would rather clean public toilets for a living than work for this incompetent, manipulative company.  less
Pros
Cons
The company
Horrid place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Big25 January 2019
Horrible place to work, nothing was ever good enough for management, if I were to sell a dress I got told off for not selling accessories with it even though the bride didn't want them. They put each staff member against each other and it felt like there was no team work. Colleagues get praised for telling on other members of staff for a little mistake and advisories are given out willynilly.
There is also a lot of in house bulling and it's very cliquey which isn't suprising when it's a shop full of woman.
The selling techniques are horrid and really pressure woman to buy a dress there and then by scaremongering them.
This was a dream job that turned into a job of nightmares which really affected my health. I wouldn't recommend working for this company
Pros
Get to try on dresses, good working hours
Cons
In house bullying, lack of training, nothing you do is good enough, poor management
Dream job nightmare in reality
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow18 January 2019
The shop I worked in was opened 4 months and I was the 3rd member of staff to leave .
Never in my working life have I had to endure such bullying from staff and management the stress was unbearable and I actually had to attend a doctor when I left it was relief although this was my dream job and salary I felt was adequet for the work involved and I still miss the actual work as I had been in the wedding industry for decades
As a supervisor or lead sales after 3 months my training was still not complete and the more I asked about this the worse my treatment was it was unfortunate that my manager had no back bone and the other supervisor was only interested in the young girls who where impressionable
There was no regard for company policy and the girls did as the liked when the shop was quiet no structure or schedule to the day with favourites being pandered too
The concept of this company is fantastic they just need managers and area managers that are women that empower women where in fact the opposite is true
Pros
Fantastic dresses and meeting brides
Cons
Bullying
Absolutely the worst place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside17 January 2019
This place is a dump- selling mass produced dresses with rubish quality!
Bullying happens across every store by the looks of it and I experienced this first hand- no wonder theres so much chaos when they employee people who are not experienced!
I realised how shoddy they were when i joined- i mean employing people who have no experience of how a dress is constructed or how it can be altered is beyond believable, giving you a weeks training on how to guide a woman on buying a wedding dress is just a joke really. Fancy employing someone with no experience to manage a bridal store as large as these?with no people skills, who cried if you challenged her about the hours shes given you. Honestly its just the worst place to work and im so glad i bailed it after a few months, the owners are just money grabbers who arnt interested in the brides or the staff- please please dont bother applying you will just end up miserable. It doesnt even deserve 1 star
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Absolutey everything- its the worst place ive ever worked
0 stars*
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom4 January 2019
Working here has made my life a misery, management is honestly just appalling with so much bullying and favoritism.

The training they give you is awful, not nearly good enough for how much they expect you to sell. Seems patronizing and condescending is a theme throughout the management and trainers as well.

You really do get treated like scum working for this company and, as said in other reviews staff never last more than a few months because its so terrible.

Really would say to anyone who wants to apply, please do not bother and put yourself through the hassle.
Pros
none unless you're getting married and wanting the discount
Cons
management, training, company ethics, working every single weekend
Absolutely terrible
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  England30 December 2018
The worst, most uncaring company I have ever worked for. Management is a joke, store managers come and go as they please and most often supervisors are left to deal with the running of the store which is not acceptable for their wage. No praise or recognition for the sales girls, no matter how much they sell it is never good enough. We are always told we are not doing well in the job and it is made out that our jobs are not secure until the unacheivable, unrealistic standards are met. Being threatened with the security of your job is extremely stressful and so damaging to your mental health over time but they simply do not care and they don’t even pay commission. Shifts are terrible as they will often put you in for 7 days in a row, sometimes more with no explanation or apology. They also don’t care about the needs/wants of brides, all they want is the money and teach you unethical selling tactics. Staff turnover across all stores is outrageous simply because it is so unbearable. It is against the ‘behaviour competencies’ to have any opinion about anything that is slightly unfavourable, I have honestly never worked anywhere where you are not allowed to have an opinion. Any issue or problem, including personal issues like mental health, that is raised to management is silenced and no support or help is offered to you. I would absolutely not ever recommend WED2B to anyone, nobody deserves such awful treatment in a workplace, I could not wait to leave.
Pros
Trying on dresses
Friendly and rewarding
Sakes advisor (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire5 December 2018
After working here for almost 9 months, I can say that this is the most rewarding job I’ve had. Being able to provide brides with a 5* service whilst being surrounded by friendly staff and excellent management is wonderful. Managers are flexible with hours as I need time off for university and they are understanding about any holidays I’ve asked for. I’ve made great friends here and would highly recommend working for Wed2b.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wed2b. Our community is ready to answer.