WEBHELP
Coronavirus update

WEBHELP Employee Reviews

United Kingdom696 reviews
Featured review
WEBHELP selected this as a representative review
Worked here for 4 years loved every minute left as moved location are I would still be there staff and management were supportive always have you as much support as you needed
Do not work here. Real lousy . Paid terrible and treated like filth . The whole management need to get a heart. Hated working here.Hope they go out of business.
Pros
few
Cons
the whole lot
Most of the team leaders use their positions to sexually i rice female staff members some sell drugs or take them at work even witnessed drugs being taken by them at Christmas party. They also don’t care if you’re miss-selling as long as you’re getting results. They will also use anything to get rid of people not willing to suck up to them. Spent 8 years working for them. Was put on medication for anxiety and depression due to the treatment I received from the managers in all departments.
Pros
Paid me right
Cons
Everything else
The campaign in Glasgow City Centre was separate from all other webhelp buildings as an "insourcer". This means you're totally cut off from the rest of Webhelp and therefore do not see the same benefits as the rest of the business, from Webhelp or the company you are working for.
For leaders in mental health they definitely know how to ignore your mental health issues. Welfare meetings and their app to help with mental health are fine for those with minor issues and can be very helpful to keep the business updated on your health. Severe mental health is where they fall short of support.

Progression is talked about but when I left there were at least 3 or 4 members of staff working as Team Leaders when they are only Deputies or less and weren't getting paid for it (6 months+). Also progression will be taken away as a personal punishment, there will be nothing official written but if you have time off it will annoy the higher ups and their "tough love" approach comes out - which in my experience was nothing more than corporate bullying.

During the pandemic we were not sent home until the last minute and there was no certainty of having kept our jobs. Whilst the rest of the buildings insourcers and direct staff were furloughed until they could get their systems from home, webhelp took on a different campaign with retail. The training was all but 4 hours and people were expected to keep a chin up and get on with it. Call centres should not be open at the moment unless essential. The company Webhelp are working for here are “essential" and therefore staff were sent back as early
 - more...
Pros
Friendly staff, easy systems
Cons
Monetary progression almost impossible, company expects more from you than job requires, recognition minimal, incentives small with catches, pandemic handling poor, favouritism
If you are over 25 and value your mental health don’t come near , Under 25s are so gullible they believe the lies they are peddled and eventually end up feel used .Managers at all levels are unfit for purpose , but Opps Director gives whole new meaning to incompetence.Lies are culturally to you . Money taken from youopportunity and Webhelp put profits before people . There mantra “Think Human” is just insulting
Pros
Cons
Countless
good ,especially in a team,lovely atmosphere ,great bonus structure, on site canteen, control over your own holidays, lots of extra benefits and usually plenty overtime
Very negative atmosphere treated like school children due to having to meet targets, no management support apart from a few , rules and regulations were only for the staff that didnt fit in with management.
Pros
Poor atmosphere
Cons
Terrible company to work for, don't support employees emotionally. No work life balance, terrible pay, management are seriously lacking..there is so much more I would like to add but prefer not to add it to a public forum.
Cons
Very poor work space, very dirty, it took a global pandemic for them to get the cleaners to do more than dust the desks down. No restroom breaks outside of your mandated 15 minute breaks or your lunches. The company is willing to endanger the lives of their employees, prime example would be during heavy rainfall with roads flooding due to rivers they cross, work would not excuse people early from Shift to ensure their safety. Very few actual perks, award systems that give away meaningless certificates of congratulations if you get picked by your peers a voucher system that requires you to spend before getting the voucher and free fruit once a week. All in all it's a job not a career, your very unlikely to advance and your just a number that can be replaced within a week and they have no problem expressing that to you and the company does the bare minimum it has to keep operating as a company while getting every penny it can.
Pros
Non
Cons
Long hour, poor work life balance, treated as expendable.
I worked here for 6 months. the hours your told at interview are wrong, it’s mainly lates ie 830pm finishes and long 12 days and lots of full weekends working overall I wouldn’t recommend to anyone too many clicks with staff and managers .
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad mangers, no work life balance, extremely long hours, treated poorly by managers, too much pressure to sell
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at WEBHELP?
good salary but I didn't enjoy the work the culture is very inclusive.
enjoyed the diverse work force and onsite parking.

good canteen with microwaves
Pros
good canteen
Cons
repetitive work
Micromanaged by incompetence, management going to Head of account is laughable. Payroll team are a joke constant salary mix ups causing less pay about 70 per cent of the time your pay is wrong . Ops don’t care, you are a number all they care about is hours your there, that they can charge the client for. Honestly would rather be on the dole than work here
I enjoyed my time at webhelp wish I could go back, management are fair. Canteen needs upgrading. Salary should be same as sky as doing same job, should get same health benefits
Direct line manager was a good guy but incompetent. I spent 2 and half years working for this company and developed process and systems for witch I was not paid any extra money for. I also trained new starts as the training was garbage and they didn't train them. I demanded a pay rise to be equal with everyone else on the site and was told my team dont have a complex job so no. Head of account was 3 faced
Cons
Wouldn’t recommend working here at all, especially not if you want to have a happy and social life.
I loved meeting some new friends & training was good. The job pays well but it’s not worth it at all.

Apart from that, this job was soul destroying. Management only care about the targets and stats and if you don’t meet them (even just for one day), you’ll be singled out at team briefs and questioned.

Being a young adult I felt like this job took away almost every enjoyable aspect of my life as, if I wasn’t actually in work, I would be thinking or worrying about work. I felt such a great relieve when I built up the courage to resign!

Moral of the story is - you are just an employee ID.
The job is ok, not overly difficult, management is either really good or dodgy at best.
If you want a semi decent wage and dont mind talking to people then its fine, after grad bay though dont expect a lot of support from the managers though.
On the negative side, there is a blame culture, poor pay, mediocre working conditions and very little support. Staff are expected to perform miracles without being given the tools to do so.
On the positive side, teams work well and closely together and there is a great camaraderie, when you put your headset down at the end of the day, you don't have an work to take home with you, I have made great friends, and there is a sense of satisfaction when you manage to turn a complaint around and have a happy customer.
They basically just run you through the majority of the things you’ll face in your job over a month, most, not all. I presume you are supposed to absorb this information like some sort of computer, instead of the human beings we are.

Then you are just basically thrown in at the deep end to sink or swim.

I suppose this has a certain logic to it, but I know personally people who failed their interview but would have made fantastic salespeople, where as I got through my interview, but was let go after 3 months for taking more than the allocated amount of days off.

I also saw people just freeze and break-down when thrown in the deep end, when all they really needed was a bit more support and they could have made great employees.

From what I saw, the team management is abysmal, though this was just from my 3month impression. They seem to pick their managers not by who can built and support a successful team, but by who can suck up the hardest to their superior, who dresses the best, and who is good at the Machiavellian game of not taking responsibility, and/or office politics.

Of course, I only saw three months on the floor, and a month in training. The whole place has a sort of Lord Of The Flies atmosphere about it.

Failure in your “teammate” is subconsciously encouraged, to boost your own position. I couldn’t believe it. Never seen anything like it in my life, & I’ve worked many places.

I say all this, but it was a good 4 years odd ago I worked there, so maybe things have changed, but if you want to know why they have a huge & constant staff turnover, I
 - more...
Pros
Interesting work, keeps your mind sharp, fair hours, pay is slightly above minimum wage, a small mercy I suppose we must be grateful for.
Cons
The, entire, management, bottom-totop, need, lesson, the, temptations, of sadism
It was a good place to work when I first started but then it started going down hill after a year and a half into the job as they start losing respect for people. As they are only bothered about sales.
Webhelp were very accommodating in giving me hours that allowed me to continue being a student. My manager supported the team and this caused a pleasant atmosphere to work in.
Management cannot work the systems fully themselves so are continuously setting unrealistic expectations also no promotion from within outside inexperienced manager's taken on