WEBHELP

WEBHELP Employee Reviews

United Kingdom687 reviews
Featured review
WEBHELP selected this as a representative review
Relaxed place to work
Worked here for 4 years loved every minute left as moved location are I would still be there staff and management were supportive always have you as much support as you needed
Worse than the dole
Micromanaged by incompetence, management going to Head of account is laughable. Payroll team are a joke constant salary mix ups causing less pay about 70 per cent of the time your pay is wrong . Ops don’t care, you are a number all they care about is hours your there, that they can charge the client for. Honestly would rather be on the dole than work here
Good to.work
I enjoyed my time at webhelp wish I could go back, management are fair. Canteen needs upgrading. Salary should be same as sky as doing same job, should get same health benefits
Ops managers are a joke
Direct line manager was a good guy but incompetent. I spent 2 and half years working for this company and developed process and systems for witch I was not paid any extra money for. I also trained new starts as the training was garbage and they didn't train them. I demanded a pay rise to be equal with everyone else on the site and was told my team dont have a complex job so no. Head of account was 3 faced
avoid if possible
Wouldn’t recommend working here at all, especially not if you want to have a happy and social life.
I loved meeting some new friends & training was good. The job pays well but it’s not worth it at all.

Apart from that, this job was soul destroying. Management only care about the targets and stats and if you don’t meet them (even just for one day), you’ll be singled out at team briefs and questioned.

Being a young adult I felt like this job took away almost every enjoyable aspect of my life as, if I wasn’t actually in work, I would be thinking or worrying about work. I felt such a great relieve when I built up the courage to resign!

Moral of the story is - you are just an employee ID.
Ok if your wanting a step up from the dole
The job is ok, not overly difficult, management is either really good or dodgy at best.
If you want a semi decent wage and dont mind talking to people then its fine, after grad bay though dont expect a lot of support from the managers though.
Good and bad
On the negative side, there is a blame culture, poor pay, mediocre working conditions and very little support. Staff are expected to perform miracles without being given the tools to do so.
On the positive side, teams work well and closely together and there is a great camaraderie, when you put your headset down at the end of the day, you don't have an work to take home with you, I have made great friends, and there is a sense of satisfaction when you manage to turn a complaint around and have a happy customer.
Stressful and noisy.
They basically just run you through the majority of the things you’ll face in your job over a month, most, not all. I presume you are supposed to absorb this information like some sort of computer, instead of the human beings we are.

Then you are just basically thrown in at the deep end to sink or swim.

I suppose this has a certain logic to it, but I know personally people who failed their interview but would have made fantastic salespeople, where as I got through my interview, but was let go after 3 months for taking more than the allocated amount of days off.

I also saw people just freeze and break-down when thrown in the deep end, when all they really needed was a bit more support and they could have made great employees.

From what I saw, the team management is abysmal, though this was just from my 3month impression. They seem to pick their managers not by who can built and support a successful team, but by who can suck up the hardest to their superior, who dresses the best, and who is good at the Machiavellian game of not taking responsibility, and/or office politics.

Of course, I only saw three months on the floor, and a month in training. The whole place has a sort of Lord Of The Flies atmosphere about it.

Failure in your “teammate” is subconsciously encouraged, to boost your own position. I couldn’t believe it. Never seen anything like it in my life, & I’ve worked many places.

I say all this, but it was a good 4 years odd ago I worked there, so maybe things have changed, but if you want to know why they have a huge & constant staff turnover, I
 - more...
Pros
Interesting work, keeps your mind sharp, fair hours, pay is slightly above minimum wage, a small mercy I suppose we must be grateful for.
Cons
The, entire, management, bottom-totop, need, lesson, the, temptations, of sadism
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at WEBHELP?
Webhelp UK
It was a good place to work when I first started but then it started going down hill after a year and a half into the job as they start losing respect for people. As they are only bothered about sales.
Good people
Webhelp were very accommodating in giving me hours that allowed me to continue being a student. My manager supported the team and this caused a pleasant atmosphere to work in.
Micro managed
Management cannot work the systems fully themselves so are continuously setting unrealistic expectations also no promotion from within outside inexperienced manager's taken on
Awful
Awful place to work no help given to wards saled I was only there 4 weeks before I left training on the contract was on 1 week and 2 of those days were about webhelp
Working at webhelp
Worst place I've ever worked. Receptionist thinks she runs the place and is horrendous with staff. Policies and procedures are a joke. Some of the managers and ops managers are great. There is no progression opportunities unless your face fits. The only thing there that's makes it bearable are the other advisors. Don't go there!!!
It's a call centre
Typical minimum wage call centre job, location is easy to get to, facilities on site are better than average. training is fast and did not cover everything needed to fulfil the role
would never work at webhelp again
this place literally made me depressed, then they convinced me to come back to work whilst i was on sick before i was ready and they then pushed me to quitting, even then after i quit i had to raise an investigation with HR because they tried claiming they fired me. they expect you there 30 minutes before work to get the computers logged in because they are so slow, but you dont get paid for the 30 mins. plus if a call goes over the end of your shift, you dont get paid for that time. the management is abysmal, they have no idea how to run a business legitimately, the amount of laws getting broke here is a joke. they sniff rugs in the toilets, staff abuse each other. if i had to describe it in one word... Zoo
good
My time at web help I made many friends and the managers were really Nice people, was stressful at times as is any job. It was my first call centre role.
Awful place to work.
The managers all have their favourites who are allowed to get away with murder and unless you are willing to work overtime and bend over backwards for them they’re not interested. A typical day consists of constantly being told to get out of acw (unless your one of the favourites). The training is terrible spent more time playing stupid games. Most employees are under 25 so don’t bother trying to have a sensible conversation unless it’s about drinking, taking drugs or sleeping with each other
The job mostly entails dealing with complaints and the most enjoyable aspects are when you get an hour off for training. There is nothing pleasant I can say about working here.
Pretty rubbish
Managers didn't care about work life balance. You would be asked to cancel plans to do overtime, regardless of what they were. Often stuck on the same shift which was awful if like me you were 230-11pm with minor changes for about 2 months then 1 week or maybe a 12 start or if your lucky a 10am start extremely cliquey and you had to basically sleep with the bosses to go up in there or be very friendly with certain people.
Stressful, unhelpful and uncaring
In the year and a half I worked there I went above and beyond with everything I could and not only was I never recognised for it (not even a thank you from management when I created something which everyone in my department thanked me for as it helped them with their job every day as the training was so difficult to understand and implement) but I was also held back from progression opportunities with no help or advice on what my next steps to achieve progression would be, where people who started the same time and after I - and who broke procedures and policies at every chance - where given opportunities and eventually made managers and have never been fully reprimanded for acts of gross misconduct that they committed as managers.
All but 2-3 of the managers and operations managers are bullies who make their preferences very clear. All effort made to improve the site, staff moral and the work life balance are artificial and are never acted upon.

All of this without even discussing the law breaking, last minute shift changes that they continue to make and the 6 days working 12:30-9pm shifts, one day off and then back in on the same shift and times over 8 weeks of weekend shifts which they call a work life balance and after promising that staff would only work 1 weekend a month.

The job it's self is insanely easy and yet the training given was unclear and unhelpful.

And yet their 114% retention rate is a complete mystery...
Soul destroying
I enjoyed training however the job was nothing like it. The job itself was stressful, strict break times, abuse from customers, poor management. Call centres are only suitable for a certain type of person. I was only at this job for 6 weeks as it was severely impacting on my mental health.
Rubbish Company
No support for personal life, work their hours when needed whether you are able to or not, not interested if you have childcare issues. would not recommend this company for anyone with a family